Constitutional Attorney Explains Why Ted Cruz And Marco Rubio Are Not Natural Born Citizens

Makes sense. Cruz and Rubio should disqualify themselves from the race. Obama should have never been allowed to run.

Natural born citizen status is inherited - it's not bestowed by the Constitution or Acts of Congress
Let it go.

It doesn't work, and it isn't going anywhere.

Let us concentrate on REAL issues.
Bullshit. I have conservative friends who were shocked to find out Cruz is Canadian. This will go away when Cruz goes away

Because some racist pussy on the Internet wants it to be so? Run along, boy.
Let me give you two great examples of why Cruz isn't qualified to be potus. You can't despite these two examples.

1. Muslim woman born in America goes to Iraq and he's 20 kids in iraq. Are those 20 kids Americans? They can become Americans but they can never be president.

2. Mexican American woman born here in America moves to Mexico and and has 20 kids in mexico. Can they all be president just because mom was born here?

What if a Muslim born in America goes to middle East and has 100 kids from 100 women and they raise them to be Isis? Can any of those people one day come here claiming to be Americans?
Cruz's mother was not a Muslim.
Next red herring, please.
Does that matter?
Thanks for confirming your post was a red herring.
Next.
No red white or blue herrings. Just pointing out how different you'd feel if he was born somewhere other than Canada or if he was a democrat.

Heck, you prefer Canada to Hawaii.

All's I know is he ain't a natural born citizen.

And it doesn't matter to me cause I was never going to vote for him. But my conservative friends, that's a different story.

I just can't believe after all your birther shit you guys would try to run a foreigner. Actually I can believe it BC you guys are always the biggest hypocrites.
Please point to any post I wrote where I questioned Obama's citizenship.
I wouldnt feel any different. If he was born an American citizen then he is eligible.

Makes sense. Cruz and Rubio should disqualify themselves from the race. Obama should have never been allowed to run.

Natural born citizen status is inherited - it's not bestowed by the Constitution or Acts of Congress
Let it go.

It doesn't work, and it isn't going anywhere.

Let us concentrate on REAL issues.
Bullshit. I have conservative friends who were shocked to find out Cruz is Canadian. This will go away when Cruz goes away
You're lying.
You don't have any friends.

Let me give you two great examples of why Cruz isn't qualified to be potus. You can't despite these two examples.

1. Muslim woman born in America goes to Iraq and he's 20 kids in iraq. Are those 20 kids Americans? They can become Americans but they can never be president.

2. Mexican American woman born here in America moves to Mexico and and has 20 kids in mexico. Can they all be president just because mom was born here?

What if a Muslim born in America goes to middle East and has 100 kids from 100 women and they raise them to be Isis? Can any of those people one day come here claiming to be Americans?
Cruz's mother was not a Muslim.
Next red herring, please.
Does that matter?
Thanks for confirming your post was a red herring.
Next.

All's I know is he ain't a natural born citizen.

No, you don't.

I hope the op is joking like the rest of us.

Look, when I Cruz "Cruz the Canuck", it is a joke by way of this stupid birther issue in which Cruz was a part of. A sarcastic slap on the back of his supporter.

Nobody really think that Cruz, Rubio or Obama couldn't run for president, right?
Can a Muslim American man go father 100 babies in the middle East and then when they are 18 they can move here and run for president because they're father was born here? My father was born in Greece. Does that make me a citizen of Greece?

Was your father a greek citizen when you were born?

Then you are probably a Greek Citizen.

A Muslim American or Greek American or Jewish American can father 100 babies in the Middle East- and if they move here- they are natural born citizens- but they can't run for President.

Not yet.

Natural born citizen is not the only eligibility requirement.
What else?

Look it up :). Take a peek at the Constitution.

Look, when I Cruz "Cruz the Canuck", it is a joke by way of this stupid birther issue in which Cruz was a part of. A sarcastic slap on the back of his supporter.

Nobody really think that Cruz, Rubio or Obama couldn't run for president, right?
Can a Muslim American man go father 100 babies in the middle East and then when they are 18 they can move here and run for president because they're father was born here? My father was born in Greece. Does that make me a citizen of Greece?
Why dont you consult a Greek lawyer?

Fun Greek fact:

Spiro Agnew was a dual American/Greek citizen- because of his father's Greek citizenship.

lol!

Obama was born in America.
That can't be determined since after a lengthy investigation by the Maricopa Sheriff's Office concluded his birth certificate was a 100% forgery.
bullshit !just like every thing you post.

Inherited from his Mom. Glad you finally got it.
He's a Citizen, just not a natural born Citizen.

Did he do anything more then you, Obama, or Bush did to become a citizen?

Fun Greek fact:

Spiro Agnew was a dual American/Greek citizen- because of his father's Greek citizenship.
Where was Spiro born? Did he serve in the Greek army? Then he is no Greek citizen. Maybe Greece has a rule where if your parents are Greek so are you? I don't know, but I don't think America does.

Move to Mexico and have 100 half breeds with 100 different women and then try to run those little bastards for President some day. That's basically what Cruz is only instead of half American he is 1/4th American. He's half cuban and 25% American and 25% Canadian.

Just reading the headline, did either Cruz or Rubio need to be naturalized? No. Then in my opinion they did inherit their citizenship from birth, how else did they get it?
I'm ok with an American going down south and making lots of beany babies. They can even all come here and live if they want. But they are not Americans. At least not the kind that can run for president.

Now if their kid wants to run for President one day, he/she can because they were born in America. But if he went to Saudi Arabia and had the baby, that baby could not run for president because it was not born in America

lol!
Its true! Their child can be president someday because it was born in America. Cruz can't because he wasn't.

Fun Greek fact:

Where was Spiro born? Did he serve in the Greek army? Then he is no Greek citizen. Maybe Greece has a rule where if your parents are Greek so are you? I don't know, but I don't think America does.

Move to Mexico and have 100 half breeds with 100 different women and then try to run those little bastards for President some day. That's basically what Cruz is only instead of half American he is 1/4th American. He's half cuban and 25% American and 25% Canadian.
excuse me, but Cruz's genetics have absolutely zero to do with how American he or any one else is
that not the most ignorant and racist thing I've read on this site but it's close .
btw somebody should push Cruz down along flight of stairs , twice.

The 'constitutional attorney' bases his intepretations on Vattel. There is no version of Vattel's Law of Nations that even used the term 'natural born' in any context when the constitution was ratified.

Making it impossible for Vattel to be the basis of the Founder's understanding of the term at the time the constitution was ratified. As cause precedes effect. It doesn't follow it by months or years.

With Madison himself contradicted Vattel's assertions that parentage was the basis of natural born citizen (which Vattel made in editions of 'Law of Nations that came out after the Constitution was ratified), with the 'Father of the Constitution' affirming that in the United States, allegiance follows place of birth.

It is an established maxim that birth is a criterion of allegiance. Birth however derives its force sometimes from place and sometimes from parentage, but in general place is the most certain criterion; it is what applies in the United States; it will therefore be unnecessary to investigate any other.

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 2: James Madison, House of Representatives

Exactly the opposite of Vattel's assumptions, and merely 1 year after the constitution was ratified. Definitively proving that Vattel was NOT the basis of the founder's understanding of the term 'natural born'.

And of course destroying the entire argument of your 'constitutional attorney'.

Psst......Stephen? Here's where you scream 'FALSE!' and then run.

Fun Greek fact:

Cruz is 100% American- just like every American citizen is.
So far all you have exposed is your ignorance of the law, and your problems with race and immigrants.

Fun Greek fact:

If you remember, the Texas Republican was born in Canada to an American mother and a Cuban father. As such, he was a dual citizen -- an American because of his mother, and Canadian because the country, like America, grants automatic citizenship to anyone born there.

Born in Canada, and a Cuban father? No way that can run for President. At least it can't win. LOL

Now this is interesting. A Congressional Research Service report on natural born citizenship came up with this passage from the Wong Kim Ark case:

“Every person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States, and needs no naturalization. A person born out of the jurisdiction of the United States can only become a citizen by being naturalized, either by treaty, as in the case of annexation of foreign territory, or by authority of Congress, exercised either by declaring certain classes of persons to be citizens, as in the enactments conferring citizenship upon foreign-born children of citizens, or by enabling foreigners individually to become citizens by proceedings in the judicial tribunals, as in the ordinary provisions of the naturalization acts.” (Again, the italics above were added by the CRS in the 2016 report.)

Latest CRS report discusses presidential birthplace issue

The question basically boils down to this: did the founders intended for natural born citizenship to be a product of congressional statute or constitutional mandate alone?

If the former, then Cruz is a natural born citizen.

If the latter, he isn't.

Fun Greek fact:

Fun Spiro Agnew fact:

You can spell "grow a penis" using the letters in his name. That's right, Spiro Agnew is an anagram for "Grow a Penis."

Forum List

Back