Contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Given that this is National Hispanic Heritage Month, take a moment to recognize the contributions of Hispanic people throughout American history.

I'll start with Joseph Marion Hernández of Florida, who in 1822 became the first Hispanic American to serve in Congress.

How about Charles Rodriguez, who fought with Merrill’s Marauders in WWII Burma?

Or the Hon. Reynaldo Garza, first Mexican-American appointed to the federal court.

Ted Williams.......one of our greatest ballplayers

Given that this is National Hispanic Heritage Month, take a moment to recognize the contributions of Hispanic people throughout American history.

I'll start with Joseph Marion Hernández of Florida, who in 1822 became the first Hispanic American to serve in Congress.

Did you know that they just did away with Christopher Columbus Day for the US and have replaced it with "Indigenous Day" for the Native American Indians? Reports in news yesterday. Yes.

Did you know that they just did away with Christopher Columbus Day for the US and have replaced it with "Indigenous Day" for the Native American Indians? Reports in news yesterday. Yes.

No. Not "for the US," just in Seattle.

those 'hip hoppin' type cars with hydraulics so that the old Cheby jumps up and down at the press of a button . I never understood those hydraulic jumping cars , I used to tell Rafael /Ralph that the guys building those things are stoopid .

burritos , course Armenians were making burrito like outfits on flatbread for thousands of years before they brought the practice to the new world [America] . Take a piece of Lavash and pile some ground meat on it and [voila] an Armenian burrito !!

I fail to understand what this is doing in the Illegal Immigration Forum and why this topic would be of interest to you.

See if I can get into the spirit of this thread. Okay, well the Mexican "Hispanics" contributed a large portion on their traditional homeland to President Polk's dream of a coast to coast nation. As Colonel Hitchcock, commander of the 3rd Infantry regiment, wrote in his diary in 1846;

"...the United States are the aggressors....We have not one particle of right to be here....It looks as if the government sent a small force on purpose to bring on a war, so as to have a pretext for taking California and as much of this country as it chooses....My heart is not in this business."

I fail to understand what this is doing in the Illegal Immigration Forum and why this topic would be of interest to you.

Let it go, champ, let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back