Cop refuses to work Gay Pride parade

Man! You religious nutbags are never happy! You already get special consideration by having your fantasies included in the public accommodation laws to begin with.

Is that enough? NOOOOOOOO! You have to flaunt it and shove it down our throats all the time! All you care about is pushing your agenda on others. Especially children!
Exact-a-mundo !

And they do it from a tax-exempt position.

Fun, ain't it?

At least the Gay Mafia hasn't managed to pull that off for their Perverse Prancing Pavilions.

Last edited:
yahoo news, all the trash you need to know about

I can't believe they even put something like in as news

they must scrape the bottom of barrel for anything...most people would YAWN and pass right over it, but NOT HERE

just dumb

Man! You religious nutbags are never happy! You already get special consideration by having your fantasies included in the public accommodation laws to begin with.

Is that enough? NOOOOOOOO! You have to flaunt it and shove it down our throats all the time! All you care about is pushing your agenda on others. Especially children!
Exact-a-mundo !

Fun, ain't it?

At least the Gay Mafia hasn't managed to pull that off for their Perverse Prancing Pavilions.

Yo...show a little decorum, will ya?! And...let's be careful with the sarcasm. Some of the idiots here don't get it and will erroneously link the two of us in some way. I'm not cool with that.

Exact-a-mundo !

Fun, ain't it?

Yo...show a little decorum, will ya?! And...let's be careful with the sarcasm. Some of the idiots here don't get it and will erroneously link the two of us in some way. I'm not cool with that.
Best reason I've heard in some time for continuing to pursue a line of narration... :badgrin: ;)

Last edited:

they must scrape the bottom of barrel for anything...most people would YAWN and pass right over it, but NOT HERE

just dumb

And yet here you are again....taking the time to tell us something isn't worth your time. :D

just dumb

And yet here you are again....taking the time to tell us something isn't worth your time. :D
It's not worth the public's time to deal with the issue in any serious fashion...

But taking the time to serve-up examples of how the Homosexual Mafia is changing America for the worse, in a discussion zone like this, in which that Mafia and its fellow travelers are so vocal?

There's always time for such worthwhile endeavors.

Look in the mirror...fags are trying to attack a single generation of children and brainwash them into thinking this degeneracy is "normal" and that's all it takes.

They may not be normal but they deserve the same rights as everyone else . Say if cops refused to protect Christians or Muslims or athiests

Look in the mirror...fags are trying to attack a single generation of children and brainwash them into thinking this degeneracy is "normal" and that's all it takes.

Apparently we've already gotten you....what with you being a big Drama Queen and all. :D

Do you have a single example of me using big government against my enemies? Didn't think so.

You duck the cop issue, so you lose. Yes, he chose not to work because the parade was gay. He can fuck off and become a security guard.

Yes, you have said repeatedly you would use Big Government to deny civil liberties to those you oppose.

Since you do it all the time, I will point it out the next time you do it.

I am not ducking anything, as soon as someone tells me what is actually going on I will from a valid opinion based on the facts.

Since you are the one that insists that people can be forced to attend weddings, parades, and all sorts of other events, how am I the one using the government to discriminate?

you are Yurtling: the reason why he would not work and the department's actions have been posted. You don't like it, no one cares.

No one is insisting anyone has TO ATTEND "weddings, parades, and all sorts of other events", you are the one who is trying to use government to discriminate against LBGT.

Step off until you can directly to the points, please.

DiabloBlanco writes his opinion, which is not fact: "And that NEVER happens eh? Bullshit. Much like EVERY other job in America people swap shifts etc...I have done it my wife has done it. Its done every day. Again it was done on purpose."

When you have fact, talk to us.

Hey.....sit still so's I can get the hook outta yer mouth!

the cop should have just called in sick the day of the parade. Now all the fags and dykes have something to scream and wail about.

Last edited:
He has an assignment - you cannot pick and choose your jobs when you are a cop.

No, but they say they don't tolerate 'bias and bigotry' yet show little regard for his viewpoints.

Lets theorize.

Let's say a bunch of straight people did a parade like that. The officer is gay. He says "I refuse to do it." Just what would happen then? He would most likely be given another assignment.

I guarantee people here would admonish the department for forcing this gay officer to work at a straight pride parade. Or, conversely people would be applauding them for showing acceptance.

In other words, they can't say they are against bias and bigotry. Essentially bigotry is a hostile and indifferent attitude to those who hold an opposing viewpoint. Bias is when and only when the shoe is on the other foot and you grant this proverbial gay officer a reprieve.

What is a "straight pride" parade? Why wouldn't gay cops want to work it?

Your hypothetical doesn't make any sense.

He will not let that stop him.

This post doesn't make any sense, either.

First of all, it's pretty silly to claim that I'm not making cogent points while ignoring the points that I did make.

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea what your second point means. What is it exactly that is impossible for me to fathom?

I wasn't necessarily referring to you. There are others who use a similar pattern here, and your "you make no sense" retort raised a lot of red flags.

I'll try one last time. You cannot fathom the possibility of a homosexual police officer being forced to work a parade that goes against what he or she is. In this hyperpartisan society, such an action would bring about endless litigation, resignations and a litany of cries from LGBT organizations to protest it.

Any gay police officer, if they want to keep their jobs, will follow whatever assignments they receive. What I can't "fathom" is why a homosexual police officer wouldn't want to work at a "straight pride" parade. It simply doesn't make any sense.

My question(s) to you are simply this:

If in fact the officer were gay, and he/she refused the assignment to work this 'straight pride' parade. What would be your reaction to that officer? Would you say the same thing you are saying now? That 'orders are orders'? Simply curious.

Yes.

Parades are gay affairs.

Just by not allowing him to act on his views... aren't they being the ones who are "biased and bigoted"?
Shirley I know employment is alien to you. So if you ever get a job you will have to sign an Contract of Employment, that will include a job description, if you abide by the contract you are OK. if you dont even an asinine dolt like you will understand the consequences.

So true.

Oh we can't have this ! Time to string this hate filled cop up and display his body at the town square !

Cop refuses to work at gay pride parade in Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Salt Lake City police officer has been placed on leave after refusing an assignment to work at a gay pride parade.

The officer was among about 30 officers assigned to provide traffic control and security for the annual Utah Pride Parade on Sunday in Salt Lake City, said department spokeswoman Lara Jones.

"We don't tolerate bias and bigotry in the department, and assignments are assignments ... To allow personal opinion to enter into whether an officer will take a post is not something that can be tolerated in a police department," Jones told KSL.

She declined comment on the officer's reason for refusing the assignment.

The officer, whose name was not released, is on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal affairs investigation.

Utah Pride Center spokeswoman Deann Armes said her group is pleased with the department's stance and thinks officers should undergo sensitivity training before joining the force.

"Our goal is to make sure that police training and certification includes policies and oaths to ensure that all officers are committed to providing equal service and treatment of all citizens. Clearly, bigotry is alive and well," Armes said in a statement.

Police Chief Chris Burbank has marched in the parade in the past, and three deputy chiefs will march Sunday while he is out of town.

The department also will have a community outreach and recruitment booth at the pride festival, Jones said, and participates in a standing committee to address public safety issues relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents.

"We have gay men and women that serve in the police department," Jones told The Salt Lake Tribune. "One officer's situation does not reflect the vast majority of officers that work in the Salt Lake City Police Department and certainly not Chief Burbank's."

Cop refuses to work at gay pride parade in Utah

Then said cop should be fired but the union will make sure this slacker keeps the job.

Forum List

Back