Cop shoots dead Licensed Conceal Carry holder (MN)

My observation

1. The victim did nothing wrong and the traffic stop was hardly warranted
2. The officer overreacted to a black man having a gun (which he was legally entitled to have) and fired in a panic
3. After the shooting, the girlfriend remained calm while the cop was hysterical
4. The officer will not be charged with murder, he will claim he thought the man was reaching for his gun
5. The officer will be relieved of duty for failing to follow proper procedure
6. The city will settle out of court

1. The vehicle was also stopped because the driver matched the description of an armed robbery suspect.
2. See number 1.
3. She didn't just shoot someone.
4 Perhaps.
5. Not in evidence yet He was tops in his class at the police academy, tied with the other officer who was his backup.
6. Maybe.

Completely disgusting.

This is a new low for America.
How does a stop for a broken tail light escalate so quickly into this?
How does the officer open fire on the driver with a woman and child in the car?

I think what I find the most disturbing is how calm the woman is. She seemed not surprised at all with the outcome even taking the time to live stream on facebook. This is now almost to be expected by black folks in America.

This one has my guts churning.

I fail to see how the officer felt threatened in broad daylight with a woman and young child in the car during a trivial traffic stop

Trying to show how naive you are?

Completely disgusting.

I think what I find the most disturbing is how calm the woman is. She seemed not surprised at all with the outcome even taking the time to live stream on facebook. This is now almost to be expected by black folks in America.

I fail to see how the officer felt threatened in broad daylight with a woman and young child in the car during a trivial traffic stop

I agree.
Somehow he made the determination that the driver was dangerous without ever identifying him or running his name.

Before approaching the car, the officer called in the driver's description as matching an armed robbery suspect. Why do you think there as a backup police officer on scene at the time of the shooting?

They had guys in the march with slung rifles........and they didn't shoot them did they? An actual shooting, with a sniper, with civilians in the crowd with rifles....and the cops somehow knew they weren't the bad guys.....

Nothing you guys imagine in your heads is even remotely true about guns....

Show me in the video where people have rifles slung in their shoulder.

You are a rabid gun nuts......... Every scenario fits your agenda.

Moron....I saw an interview with a BLM guy who stated they told the guys with slung rifles to put them down so the cops wouldn't think they were the shooter...moron.....

In fact, asshole...they showed the initial picture of the alleged shooter....a guy in a camo shirt and a slung rifle...moron.

Coming from you? Why would I believe anything you say?
Prove it............I'm waiting.
So the BLM that came to rally armed with rifles slung to their shoulders? What do you think the cops will do when they see armed civilians coming to the rally? Do you realized how stupid you are saying that? Idiot.

asswipe...from the Dallas morning news....notice...not one marcher with a rifle was shot by police...it is hard to shoot someone when your rifle is still hanging down from your sling.....moron....

Open carry creates confusion during Dallas police ambush, but supporters say law works

some of the demonstrators were also carrying rifles.

In the ensuing chaos, one of them was labeled a "person of interest" after police released a photo of him carrying an AR-15 rifle. Others were stopped and questioned by police.

I said... again and again....... Do you see an armed civilians running around during the shooting? Let me repeat to your thick skull.
Do you see an armed civilians during the shooting? Idiot.

I know your tactics....... I know you have a link......... But you don't even understand where I'm coming from.

No moron...you just changed the goal post....I showed you actual people, with actual rifles at the time of the attack...do you think they fucking teleported away from the attack? They had rifles slung on their shoulders when cops were being gunned down....then they teleported to a safe place, never crossing the path of cops in the vicinity......never being seen by cops during the outbreak of the attack........

you are a fucking moron.......

But please...keep changing the goal posts....

Guy tells me he's carrying then reaches behind him I'm going to err on the side of safety and not stand there waiting to see if he pulls a gun
A man informs you he has a CCW then, by your direction, reaches for his papers and you shoot him? Are you a police officer? If so, tell your boss(es) you intend to do this and see what they say.

You don't know that is what happened.

Idiot you did not prove me anything. And I told you repeatedly that last thing they want to see is an armed civilians running around in a situations like Dallas. How the hell they know you are a good guy or bad guy? SCREAM AT THEM......... HEY IM THE GOOD GUY......... Try again idiot.

They had guys in the march with slung rifles........and they didn't shoot them did they? An actual shooting, with a sniper, with civilians in the crowd with rifles....and the cops somehow knew they weren't the bad guys.....

Moron....I saw an interview with a BLM guy who stated they told the guys with slung rifles to put them down so the cops wouldn't think they were the shooter...moron.....

In fact, asshole...they showed the initial picture of the alleged shooter....a guy in a camo shirt and a slung rifle...moron.

So the BLM that came to rally armed with rifles slung to their shoulders? What do you think the cops will do when they see armed civilians coming to the rally? Do you realized how stupid you are saying that? Idiot.

asswipe...from the Dallas morning news....notice...not one marcher with a rifle was shot by police...it is hard to shoot someone when your rifle is still hanging down from your sling.....moron....

Open carry creates confusion during Dallas police ambush, but supporters say law works

In the ensuing chaos, one of them was labeled a "person of interest" after police released a photo of him carrying an AR-15 rifle. Others were stopped and questioned by police.
. Question, if others were armed, then why was the shooter able to shoot so many officers without one of the armed citizens pinning his fire down by use of their own firepower if they were closest to the shooter when the shooting began ? The cops were ambushed, and the citizens were not the ones being targeted, so wouldn't they have had a better opportunity to return cover fire for the police, and do it in the direction of the shooter ? They could have done this in so that the police could take cover from their vulnerable positions in which they were ambushed in right ? Why didn't the armed citizens recognize the situation going down, and then take action against the shooter who could have been focused only on the cops, and therefore leaving the armed citizens with the opportunity to help save lives by laying down cover fire against the shooter ?

I agree.
Somehow he made the determination that the driver was dangerous without ever identifying him or running his name.
The driver told the cop he had a gun then reached behind his back

Would you feel threatened if someone did that to you?

Not when he was honest about having a gun.
You don't know what the officer ordered or didn't order. The officer was hysterical on the video.

And you don't either. And the guy just killed someone I'm sure he didn't want to if he was calm and cool you'd criticize him for that too saying he didn't care that he killed a black guy

It seemed to be an .....oh shit, what did I do response. Followed by, I am in deep shit

Regardless, he will claim self defense and be exonerated. The force will find he broke a dozen rules in the stop and relieve him of duty. The city will settle out of court without admitting fault

Like what?

. Question, if others were armed, then why was the shooter able to shoot so many officers without one of the armed citizens pinning his fire down by use of their own firepower if they were closest to the shooter when the shooting began ? The cops were ambushed, yet the citizens were not the ones being targeted, so they had a better opportunity to return cover fire for the police in the direction of the shooter, and this so the police could take cover from their vulnerable positions in which they were ambushed in. Why didn't the armed citizens recognize the situation going down, and take action against the shooter who could have been focused only on the cops, therefore leaving the armed citizens with the opportunity to help save lives by laying down cover fire against the shooter ?

Because they knew the cops were there.....they acted intelligently and let the cops, who were on the scene at the time of the attack do their job.

The problem is...in 98.8% of mass public shootings, they take place in gun free zones with no police presence....so there are no cops there to immediately engage the shooter........you can see the difference in body count where you have armed resistance immediately.......5 dead from a sniper firiing from a distance against mostly pistol armed police....vs. 49 dead in a crowded club with 300 unarmed people.....

The anti gun nuts always say that normal, law abiding people will act like rambos and then get shot by police.....and as this actual event shows.....that has no basis in reality.....law abiding people with actual guns....retreated and let the police do their jobs...just like we always tell them will happen when we have these debates...

not one concealed carrier or rifle carrying civilian was shot by police.......

law abiding people rely on police when they are available...the point made by myself and other 2nd Amendment supporters is that the normal response time of police to an active shooter is 5 minutes....Sandy Hook...the shooter murdered 26 children in under 5 minutes.....so armed response is important in gun free zones when cops are minutes away....

Just obey the fucking law . be moral and decent to the cops stupid fucks

And they just might drive you home.

You have evidence that this man wasn't?

Pretty sure the cop didnt just walk up to the guy and shoot him.
He obviously did something stupid.

Did he or did the cop do something stupid?
How did a stop for a broken tail light escalate to the driver being shot four times before a license was even produced?

Because the guy obviously did something stupid.

You're right. The cop acted stupidly.

Quoting Obama?

You are trying to justify your stupidity. Let me repeat again so you can stick to your thick skull. NONE of my 28 cops as security guard will agree with you that armed civilians during active an shootings is a bad idea.
Then you went to your 2nd A bullshit. Stupid fuck. You lost.
That's not what you said, Dipshit. You're trying to walk it back, you should be in politics.

You lost. I never walk back...... And never changed any of my views. I just repeated it for you 3x so you stick to your thick skull.
What did I lose, asshole? You claimed you hired 28 cops and they don't like armed civilians and I called it bullshit. Plus we are supposed to believe you happened to ask all 28 of them after the Dallas police shootings. You have zero credibility.

Deng you are really stupid...........
Cop shot Castile because he said he has gun. Sterling has a gun he got shot............... Cops will get jittery and paranoid if they hear or see a gun.
So tell me................. Do you think cops like armed civilians? Do you think cops like armed civilians with guns slung to their shoulders? You lose moron.

This the second time that you are putting words in my mouth. Asshole. Cop shooting civilians and vise versa has been a problem in this country for long time. So this kinds shooting is not new. Maybe to you its new.
I NEEEEEEVER said I just asked them that question just because of Dallas shooting. That will be impossible for me because all 28 are spread from 3 locations.
I go out with them like dinners and other occasions when I travel to their locations and so with other employees. They are very alert and always vigilant. So these kinds of discussions comes up. I'm always curious......... when coming to these places or any where............... What are your first concern? Armed civilians because you have to assume that everyone is stupid. They also asked me what I think about Trump. Please don't tell me all 28 asked me at the same time. And how the fuck you know how I conduct my business? Idiot.
You said how you conduct business. maybe you lied about all of it, who knows. I said it was bullshit and you flew into a rage and did nothing but prove you're full of shit. No way all 28 cops would express their thoughts on gun rights to you let alone think armed civilians are a bad thing. Thing is most are married to a civilian, have friends and uphold the constitution. Like I said, I've been a long time member of a LEO forum and have a good idea what most believe. The fact you are this tweaked out over it demonstrates a problem. You talked shit, got busted on it and are trying desperately to save face. You don't have the temperament to run a business so I doubt that's even true.

Dude I'm trying to clear your stupidity. You don't even know me and telling me about my temper. How stupid can you be? And I don't give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. Look at Trump temper is he not a businessman?

I gave you an example that cops don't like armed civilians. And still you cannot grasp. You assumed that all armed civilians are good guys. Since when I mentioned about gun rights?
I doubt that you are even involved in LEO activities at all.
If a cop stop any civilians ............... What do you think they are scared about? Or suspect something they have? GUNS GUNS GUNS.......
Please don't tell me cops are scared that this civilians has a donut.
If this do not get to your brain I don't know what else to tell you.

. Question, if others were armed, then why was the shooter able to shoot so many officers without one of the armed citizens pinning his fire down by use of their own firepower if they were closest to the shooter when the shooting began ? The cops were ambushed, yet the citizens were not the ones being targeted, so they had a better opportunity to return cover fire for the police in the direction of the shooter, and this so the police could take cover from their vulnerable positions in which they were ambushed in. Why didn't the armed citizens recognize the situation going down, and take action against the shooter who could have been focused only on the cops, therefore leaving the armed citizens with the opportunity to help save lives by laying down cover fire against the shooter ?

Because they knew the cops were there.....they acted intelligently and let the cops, who were on the scene at the time of the attack do their job.

The problem is...in 98.8% of mass public shootings, they take place in gun free zones with no police presence....so there are no cops there to immediately engage the shooter........you can see the difference in body count where you have armed resistance immediately.......5 dead from a sniper firiing from a distance against mostly pistol armed police....vs. 49 dead in a crowded club with 300 unarmed people.....

The anti gun nuts always say that normal, law abiding people will act like rambos and then get shot by police.....and as this actual event shows.....that has no basis in reality.....law abiding people with actual guns....retreated and let the police do their jobs...just like we always tell them will happen when we have these debates...

not one concealed carrier or rifle carrying civilian was shot by police.......

law abiding people rely on police when they are available...the point made by myself and other 2nd Amendment supporters is that the normal response time of police to an active shooter is 5 minutes....Sandy Hook...the shooter murdered 26 children in under 5 minutes.....so armed response is important in gun free zones when cops are minutes away....
. When the cops were the ones that were being targeted, the armed citizens should have layed down fire in the direction of the shooter who was targeting the cops. I guarantee you that if an armed citizen was nearest to the shooter, and he would have opened fire on the shooter who was killing the police, then I think the police would have recognized immediately (at least I hope they would have), that the citizen would be trying to save their lives once seeing the citizen shooting in the direction of the shooter. If this ain't the case, then we are way away from being where we need to be in this nation, where as we would or should have trust between the good guy's & the police who are armed, and both then being on the same page in order to deal with the killer who is armed and killing people.

I said... again and again....... Do you see an armed civilians running around during the shooting? Let me repeat to your thick skull.

I know your tactics....... I know you have a link......... But you don't even understand where I'm coming from.

No moron...you just changed the goal post....I showed you actual people, with actual rifles at the time of the attack...do you think they fucking teleported away from the attack? They had rifles slung on their shoulders when cops were being gunned down....then they teleported to a safe place, never crossing the path of cops in the vicinity......never being seen by cops during the outbreak of the attack........

Dude I never changed anything. I said again and again. Idiot. Read my post before you joined this conversation. If you do not...... then I will ignore you post in this thread.

Dude I never changed anything. I said again and again. Idiot. Read my post before you joined this conversation. If you do not...... then I will ignore you post in this thread.

Coward.........wow, a racist hater will ignore me on this thread.......whatever will I do?

I watched the video earlier this morning. The girlfriend claims he has no criminal record and is licensed to carry, and if that proves to be true then it really was a senseless shooting. If he was legal to carry and had no warrants or record then he would have no reason to be reaching for his gun. Seeing as how the video starts after the shooting though all the facts may never come out.

more facts need to come out

she said he was reaching for his license

she corrected the cop

she said "you told him to get his license then shot him 4 times "

at this point i tend to believe her

I would sure like to see more facts and see who that cop was. I'm mostly believing the story of the woman at this point as well
Why? What's been factual? He was a suspect, she said he had a CC card. Said he was going for his ID , nope to all she said, makes her a liar.
cop says he could see the gun and the suspect refused to stop moving
What the hell else would he say?! "I panicked and blasted him?"

he does have the other cop as a witness

and then there is also dash cameras

this is why we have reviews

and if needed trials

looking at the title of this thread
Cop shoots dead licensed conceal carry holder,
I dont see a problem here, evidently the guy was already dead.
the question is why was the woman driving around with a body in the car?
that being said, does anyone else thing she was maybe just a bit too calm and collective considering what happened?

some people do remain amazingly calm during

very traumatic events
Yes...it is a symptom of shock.

yes as is those who flip out during a traumatic event

when my friend dropped over dead with a heart attack

there had been people that froze

others that flipped out

and others who remained calm

she was resuscitated

and survived btw

Completely disgusting.

I agree.

Before approaching the car, the officer called in the driver's description as matching an armed robbery suspect. Why do you think there as a backup police officer on scene at the time of the shooting?

Except he wasn't the guy and he's dead.

And that is where the logic breaks down. The officer told him not to move and he did, now doubt enters the picture cause the dude told him he had a gun. That's why the commands by a LEO are to be obeyed. Removes the doubt.
Sorry, but I refuse to accept the Liberal idea of a police state.
I'm sorry, but it is the law that when a officer commands you that's it. One must respect that authority, period. Shit happens most every time someone doesn't. In society we must have authority or chaos and disorder wifi result and we as society decided in 1776 it would be law enforcement. Seems you wish for chaos and disorder. Not me.

there you go with your lies again

sad really for you lies are all you have

never once did i post that it was justified

your claim is false

where the fuck in the law does it say a cop needs to see a gun

in order to claim self defense
You're a little all over the place here, Jon.

First you accuse me of lying about the reaching under a seat is justification for shooting, claim I'm "false" about how suspicion alone isn't justification for shooting then you say a "cop" doesn't need to see a gun to shoot someone one. WTF?
They don't need to see a gun especially if someone already stated they had one , reaching when told not to move, will be considered suspicious automatically. That ignorant move now makes the scenario defensive for the cop, now what does deadly force say?

W
Yes he would have had to see the gun of course. Now can you say if he did or didn't see the gun he might have reached for ? I can't, so it has to be fully investigated before have all the answers. There are some strange circumstances that open the door for investigative questions & answers to be pursued in the case, don't you agree ?
No idea whether he saw a gun or not which is why I'm not passing judgment on the officer nor the victim. All I'm saying are the circumstances required before deadly force can be used. In this case, he'd have had to see a gun before a shooting would be justified. Mere paranoia of seeing a black man reach under a seat isn't sufficient reason.
And that is where the logic breaks down. The officer told him not to move and he did, now doubt enters the picture cause the dude told him he had a gun. That's why the commands by a LEO are to be obeyed. Removes the doubt.

NOW...... Tell to Weasel if cops like armed civilians?
why would I know that?

Forum List

Back