Corker's Comments Will Lead to Over-Ruling WV Workers Vote Again Unionizing!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
U.S. senator drops bombshell during VW plant union vote | Reuters

Everyone has heard the news that 87% of the workers at the TN VW plant voted against unionizing. That is 6 in 7 voting against it. This is good news, because Unionizing threatens the plant and getting a new SUV to produce. In fact, if they voted to Unionize their jobs would eventually be shipped to Mexico.

But I digress. On the eve of the election, Senator Corker comes out and states "I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga."

This is illegal tampering with a Union election. We should be celebrating the election results, instead we will see the election be set aside and the Union thugs coming in and doubling down and STEAL the election.

Here is what I see going down:
(1) A lawsuit leads to the election getting set aside.
(2) The Union thugs come in and use their bully tactics (meaning they state if unionization doesn't happen they will use their clout to force a plant shut down, offer pies in the sky etc.)
(3) Unionization passes by a narrow margin.
(4) VW moves the SUV they were planning to build in TN to Mexico and there are lay offs.
(5) As the Union makes demands and uses strong arm tactics, within 5 years the plant closes the operations are moved to Mexico.

Good job Corker! Instead of the plant expanding it will be shut down in 5 years with the jobs being outsourced to Mexico.

Sometimes you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

U.S. senator drops bombshell during VW plant union vote | Reuters

Everyone has heard the news that 87% of the workers at the TN VW plant voted against unionizing. That is 6 in 7 voting against it. This is good news, because Unionizing threatens the plant and getting a new SUV to produce. In fact, if they voted to Unionize their jobs would eventually be shipped to Mexico.

But I digress. On the eve of the election, Senator Corker comes out and states "I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga."

This is illegal tampering with a Union election. We should be celebrating the election results, instead we will see the election be set aside and the Union thugs coming in and doubling down and STEAL the election.

Here is what I see going down:
(1) A lawsuit leads to the election getting set aside.
(2) The Union thugs come in and use their bully tactics (meaning they state if unionization doesn't happen they will use their clout to force a plant shut down, offer pies in the sky etc.)
(3) Unionization passes by a narrow margin.
(4) VW moves the SUV they were planning to build in TN to Mexico and there are lay offs.
(5) As the Union makes demands and uses strong arm tactics, within 5 years the plant closes the operations are moved to Mexico.

Good job Corker! Instead of the plant expanding it will be shut down in 5 years with the jobs being outsourced to Mexico.

Sometimes you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

First, stop being a paranoid alarmist, Chicken Little.

Second, get your facts straight. There was no 87% vote in favor or rejecting the union. It was 53% for, 47% against. Where on earth did you even get that number from?

Volkswagen workers reject UAW in Tenn.; Union looks for Plan B to enter South - The Washington Post

Even boxing plays clean.

You think Unions play clean then your a dumber fuck then I thought you were.

In reality there was nothing unfair about what Corker did! It's the truth. The new car line will be produced there if they didn't unionize. If they do unionize it goes to Mexico. That is a nugget of information that the voters should be made aware prior to the vote anyways!

Even boxing plays clean.

In reality there was nothing unfair about what Corker did! It's the truth. The new car line will be produced there if they didn't unionize. If they do unionize it goes to Mexico. That is a nugget of information that the voters should be made aware prior to the vote anyways!
That is quite doubtful! In the other threads on this same thing, the Right were saying that VW wanted the union there so their winning or losing probably will have no effect on expanding the production line.

What will the Right say if VW sends the production to Mexico anyway? They will probably blame the union for that too! :cuckoo:

The idea doesn't bother Conservatives that American workers forming a union somehow "FORCES" job creators to outsource production? The greed of job creators "forces" them to outsource production where they can pay foreign employees dirt poor wages in order to cut production costs and maximize profits which are then cleverly manipulated through the tax code so the corporate job creators pay as little back into the public as they can get away with.

You know, "free market capitalism".

Look at what unions did for the US Educational system, hostess drivers and the City of Detroit

That's a track record

Look at what unions did for the US Educational system, hostess drivers and the City of Detroit

That's a track record

And before unions? When children were being shredded in factory gears instead of being in school? When a dead coal miners' wife and children were thrown out into the cold because she could no longer pay rent for company-owned housing?

How do American employees' unions "guarantee" that a company "has" to move production outside of the United States? It is only the company's greed that makes them want to pay shit wages to foreign workers to maximize company profits. What is Volkswagen's annual profit margin? $15b in 2013.
VW Profit Forecast for 2013 Falls Short of Estimates - Bloomberg

Volkswagen can't pay full salaries and benefits to the employees who make the cars that made the company $15b in profit? $15b isn't enough to "trickle down"?

Unions are not the enemy.

Thanks.

And....make sure you videotape those SUV's producing. I gotta see that.
You're right. Private unions are not the enemy. Public ones are.

I disagree with the OP because I think that every person should have the full picture before voting on something that will alter their life, such as a possible loss of a job should a union be voted in, or the loss of economic freedom should a pseudo-fascist progressive get elected as President.

This won't go far in the courts, if it even gets accepted.

If the unions get voted down, they need to get over it. If they want to become competitive they should become more palatable instead of strong arming and bullying.

Even boxing plays clean.

Except VW said nothing of the sort. VW wanted a union. they have unions in every other plant they run in the world, including that plant in Mexico.

You see, German Corporations don't see Unions as the enemy. They see them as valued partners in the manufacturing process.

Americans, kind of being the retards of the industrialized world, don't have that attitude. We fight for the right of our employers to abuse us.

If the unions get voted down, they need to get over it. If they want to become competitive they should become more palatable instead of strong arming and bullying.
They don't want to be competitive, that's the problem. They want a monopoly on labor so they can rule business (while not having to invest, invent, risk, etc.).

If unions want to run a business they need to organize and start one instead of being parasites on a host.

They don't want to be competitive, that's the problem. They want a monopoly on labor so they can rule business (while not having to invest, invent, risk, etc.).

If unions want to run a business they need to organize and start one instead of being parasites on a host.

Funny, that's what I would call investors- Parasite.

Investors don't make anything, don't build anything, they just collect the profits.

Almost the definition of a parasite.

Even boxing plays clean.

Except VW said nothing of the sort. VW wanted a union. they have unions in every other plant they run in the world, including that plant in Mexico.

You see, German Corporations don't see Unions as the enemy. They see them as valued partners in the manufacturing process.

Americans, kind of being the retards of the industrialized world, don't have that attitude. We fight for the right of our employers to abuse us.

What Joe wrote is exactly what I had heard about VW attitude toward unions. They have no problem with them.

So where is the stupid fuck that started this bullshit thread to defend the lies he wrote. You know, the 87% rejection rate and the "VW is going to Mexico" if the union wins.

Lying mother fucker.

Forum List

Back