Corona virus likely to be gone soon in US

Btw, USA has passed Germany in the confirmed infected count. Lol.
With less than a third of the population of the US.
That's right. But it is far from over. I monitored the numbers, and your president's rhetoric. When he blamed the virus on europe, and banned Europeans, but not the UK and Ireland, he sure liked the US numbers.

Then some testing started, lol.
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Germany
US

See where your post says 72 cases per 1M population?

A week ago that number was SIX.

See where that post refers to 72 per 1M population?

It's now 78. Forty minutes later.
And let's not get into deaths/confirmed case. Or absolute deaths.

With less than a third of the population of the US.
That's right. But it is far from over. I monitored the numbers, and your president's rhetoric. When he blamed the virus on europe, and banned Europeans, but not the UK and Ireland, he sure liked the US numbers.

Tot Cases/
1M pop
Germany
US

Agree, those are meaningless too (statistically speaking of course).

Tot Cases/
1M pop
Germany
US

Agree, those are meaningless too (statistically speaking of course).
But were used for "policy"-making. Kotz

How is it irrelevant? Our population is much larger than theirs is. We had the first case, before them, yet we sit much lower on infection rate at this point in time.
Let's see where this ends up. So far it is a numbers game depending on number of tests performed. I merely brought this up to highlight the idiocy of your so called president who seems to be unable to process data and communicate clearly.

A higher number of tests is only going to make the mortality rate appear smaller.

Are you sure you secular progressive liberals want that? :21:

OMFG... :banghead: :banghead:

TESTS do not make the mortality rate smaller. RECOVERIES make the mortality rate smaller.

And that --- AGAIN --- takes TIME.

A TEST does not tell you what a resolution will be. Only a death or a recovery does that.

OK then: Let's look at the percentage of recovered cases compared to the overall cases in China, where the virus has existed the longest:

71,740 recovered cases out of 81,008 confirmed cases.. That's a, 88.6% recovery rate.

Actually it's 96% when you insert the correct numbers. AS I ALREADY POSTED.

The actual mortality rate for the Chinese Wuhan Virus in the US is between 1.4% to 2%, which is far lower than the Flu.

Looks like the Democrats are gonna have to come up with a new disease or something.

The actual mortality rate has yet to be established --- it can't be without sufficient time --- but at the moment it's running at 64%. It went up a bit. As I and my link just laid out. What's 301 divided by 472 on your planet?

No idea where you're coming up with your numbers. 308 deaths out of 25,471 cases in the US. That comes out to 1.2% no matter how you do the math.

Microsoft Bing COVID-19 Tracker

Unless you're using common core math, which explains alot.

That's because you can't read.

You DON'T COUNT 25,471 cases whose outcome you DON"T KNOW. DUH! :banghead:

If ten people go out to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, and three of them are found dead, and the other seven are unaccounted for, you do NOT have a mortality rate of 30%. If the other seven show up, THEN you do.

Understand?

Ok, dumbass: Let's look at where the virus has hit the worst, and has started to run its course:

3,255 deaths out of 81,008 confirmed cases in China. Do the math:

That's only a 4% mortality rate, Einstein. How about Italy?

4,825 fatalities out of 55,578 confirmed cases. That's a 9% mortality rate.

You are COMPLETELY ILLITERATE, aren'tchya little feller?

Yours are total bullshit numbers.

Coronavirus Mortality Rate (COVID-19) - Worldometer

You are completely panicking, aren'tchya little girl?

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

Not so fast- Futures are already limited down for tomorrow’s opening. The bottom of this market is still months away if history is any judge. New highs are years away also based on history. My money is still short this market.

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy
Stocks are a buy once the Dow drops to 12-15k which will happen after the unemployment spike

Right! Why is this so hard to see for some people. Look back at 2000 and 2007. Once the market went bearish it took more than 5 years to reach new highs, and the bottoms didn’t come in the first year of the bear market. We are several weeks if not months from the bottom of this bear.

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy
Stocks are a buy once the Dow drops to 12-15k which will happen after the unemployment spike

Right! Why is this so hard to see for some people. Look back at 2000 and 2007. Once the market went bearish it took more than 5 years to reach new highs, and the bottoms didn’t come in the first year of the bear market. We are several weeks if not months from the bottom of this bear.
I have to agree with Toro.

sell in May and walk away argues for an April peak.

Also economic history and epidemiology tend to support a disease caused labor shortage causing increases in income and automation. You are improperly using a market boom model

US death rate calculated at less than 0.1% now and likely going down faster soon. Finding safe investments will get more difficult when that happens. How big do you expect the boom to get?
I saw a battered stock go up 146%, so the money fleeing coming back can be just as fast and furious and over extended, especially when p'o'd holders make the weak hands pay top dollar to get back in and shorts get squeezed. On bounces those asks can be just as ridiculously high as those low ball bids.

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

Also economic history and epidemiology tend to support a disease caused labor shortage causing increases in income and automation. You are improperly using a market boom model

Why are you applying economic and epidemiology history to the stock market? Stock market history tells us we are weeks if not months away from a bottom, and years away from new highs.
Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

I respect you man, but I can’t understand why you are applying economic and epidemiology history to the stock market. Stock market history tell Us the bottom is months away, and new highs are years away.

WOW!

There are a lot of people violating the most important rule of investing. Don't put partisan politics ahead of common sense.

This virus is clearly more serious than Trump and his sheep have thought. We are going down a lot more. Next up millions of lost jobs and shitty economic data/earnings. I don't know when the bottom will be in, but this is not the bottom. Patience is key...

The only buys people should be making are highly selective buys.

BIP at 30, great company great buy (of it's total revenue only 5% is affected by recession)

recent IPOs and growth stocks present good buys as they might not drop like other companies.

CRWD bought at 36-37 I love this company, could be the leadert in cybersecurity

DOCU, please let this thing drop

LK starbucks of China, I'm waiting for more downside still, but we're close

SWKS best 5g play, but I'm still waiting for more down. This one is really holding up, but I am confident I will get a good entry.

PINS, this thing is cheap and has an easy path to growth.

AMRN, high risk HIGH reward, buy the dip
CRSP, another high risk high reward buy the dip

Don't start buying large cap or large tech yet, they will go down more.

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

Why are you applying economic and epidemiology history to the stock market? Stock market history tells us we are weeks if not months away from a bottom, and years away from new highs.
Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

I respect you man, but I can’t understand why you are applying economic and epidemiology history to the stock market. Stock market history tell Us the bottom is months away, and new highs are years away.
These people are putting partisan politics ahead of common sense. It's going to cost them $. I agree with you, the bottom is not in. It seems like this is the first recession they have been in. There will be incredible opportunities to make $ for the patient and smart investor.

Probably 0.5-1.0%

Peaks mid-April.

Stocks are a buy

Putting partisan politics ahead of common sense will cost you lots of money... We are going down more, and it's so obvious.

Anyone heard from william the wie? Hasn’t been on in almost a month.

THEN we can conclude it "will be gone soon". But putting out this malarkey about "less than 0.1%" is just irresponsible.
It will be gone when we have a vaccine or drug treatment. Without that economy stays shut down, in place of vaccine or drug treatment, to control this highly contagious virus.

New Topics

Forum List

Back