Corporate welfare in action ....

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Only if you believe that the reason people start businesses is to pay a living wage and benefits, but that's not why people start businesses.

If you really believe what you say, you should start your own business and pay your low level workers anything you want. Of course your competition will put you out of business, but so what, you paid a living wage.

Since you believe gov should give sweet tax deals to huge companies, should the gov also force up wages? Higher wages will equal fewer in welfare, certainly a good goal for the government. Where do you draw the line at gov powers in the economy?

Since you believe gov should give sweet tax deals to huge companies, should the gov also force up wages?

Definitely!!!

Boot 20 million illegals.
Supply and demand will then force up wages.
Unlikely. You are booting those making the very least. More likely they will be replaced by automation.

You are booting those making the very least.

Yes.
That would be the best way to force up wages of low skilled Americans.

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Only if you believe that the reason people start businesses is to pay a living wage and benefits, but that's not why people start businesses.

If you really believe what you say, you should start your own business and pay your low level workers anything you want. Of course your competition will put you out of business, but so what, you paid a living wage.

Since you believe gov should give sweet tax deals to huge companies, should the gov also force up wages? Higher wages will equal fewer in welfare, certainly a good goal for the government. Where do you draw the line at gov powers in the economy?

Since you believe gov should give sweet tax deals to huge companies, should the gov also force up wages?

Definitely!!!

California crops are rotting in the fields because no one wants to pick them.
Seems like your solution is more detrimental to America than it is helpful.

Sounds like the illegal aliens are sitting down on the job.

As if we needed an additional reason to start deporting them.

Definitely!!!

Unlikely. You are booting those making the very least. More likely they will be replaced by automation.

You are booting those making the very least.

Yes.
That would be the best way to force up wages of low skilled Americans.

Good luck with that.

In our booming economy

When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.
Why is that not happening in Seattle?

I understand that it is.

Seattle $15 Minimum Wage Forcing Some Restaurants Out Of Business

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.
Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of. But if you work for a living you should earn a living.

Definitely!!!

pay more per hour, someone will pick them. Better yet don't pay per hour pay per bushel but enough so the ones who are willing to break their backs can afford their back doctors.

When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.
Why is that not happening in Seattle?

I understand that it is.

Seattle $15 Minimum Wage Forcing Some Restaurants Out Of Business

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.
Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of. But if you work for a living you should earn a living.

Roommates, take the bus, forget the expensive cell phone.

Don't forget macaroni and cheese and ramen noodles.

If the worker can't provide the skills necessary to EARN a living wage, that is on them, not on ANY employer. The employer did not raise them and teach them their work ethics.
If the employer needs an employee then that job should pay enough to live on or that job shouldn't exist.

Definitely!!!

pay more per hour, someone will pick them. Better yet don't pay per hour pay per bushel but enough so the ones who are willing to break their backs can afford their back doctors.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them.

Boot enough illegals, they'll have to start paying more.

I have ran a business before and that explanation was trash. Paying a living wage isn't "overpaying" .... "underpaying" people brings us to people working 40 hours a week and still needing government assistance. Totally unacceptable to me.

I believe all civilized societies need some sort of safety net for our disabled, sick, mentally ill etc. But when people are working 40 hours a week, in the richest country in the world, and can't make rent THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!

Paying a living wage isn't "overpaying" ....

What's a "living wage"?
How do you know?
Show your math.

I believe all civilized societies need some sort of safety net for our disabled, sick, mentally ill etc.

Federal Government transfer payments in the US are currently over $2 trillion a year.
How do I know? It's my job to know... here's the math.

Minimum wage worker brings in around 1200 per month. Standard rental price for 2 bedroom is 800 a month (in my area) that leaves them 400 dollars. Plus utilities, 150 (at least) now they have 200. They pay 150 for a car payment/insurance (cheap) now theyre left with 50 for 4 weeks.. what about food what about phone bills what about the KIDS what about paying for an education what about health insurance???

If republicans weren't funneling all our money to the top 1% for the last 5 decades we would not need nearly the amount of social welfare that we use today. If the republicans didn't fight tooth and nail every time a bill came up to raise minimum wage we wouldn't need nearly the amount of social welfare we use today.
Gop is so "against" handouts. But they just can't help wanting the rich richer and the poor poorer.

That's when he decides to move back in with mom. Problem solved.
I don't believe any American working 40 hours a week should be without a home. Why do you?
who is working 40 hours a week and doesn't have a home?
Mexicans living 15 people in a 3 bedroom home is not living. It's living like a slave.

Definitely!!!

Automation...

I have ran a business before and that explanation was trash. Paying a living wage isn't "overpaying" .... "underpaying" people brings us to people working 40 hours a week and still needing government assistance. Totally unacceptable to me.

I believe all civilized societies need some sort of safety net for our disabled, sick, mentally ill etc. But when people are working 40 hours a week, in the richest country in the world, and can't make rent THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!

What's a "living wage"?
How do you know?
Show your math.

I believe all civilized societies need some sort of safety net for our disabled, sick, mentally ill etc.

Federal Government transfer payments in the US are currently over $2 trillion a year.

Minimum wage worker brings in around 1200 per month. Standard rental price for 2 bedroom is 800 a month (in my area) that leaves them 400 dollars. Plus utilities, 150 (at least) now they have 200. They pay 150 for a car payment/insurance (cheap) now theyre left with 50 for 4 weeks.. what about food what about phone bills what about the KIDS what about paying for an education what about health insurance???

If republicans weren't funneling all our money to the top 1% for the last 5 decades we would not need nearly the amount of social welfare that we use today. If the republicans didn't fight tooth and nail every time a bill came up to raise minimum wage we wouldn't need nearly the amount of social welfare we use today.
Gop is so "against" handouts. But they just can't help wanting the rich richer and the poor poorer.

I don't believe any American working 40 hours a week should be without a home. Why do you?

I don't believe any American working 40 hours a week should be without a home.

How large a home?
1 bedroom per person, shared kitchen and bathroom, transportation (not necessarily a car).

What's a "living wage"?
How do you know?
Show your math.

Mexicans living 15 people in a 3 bedroom home is not living. It's living like a slave.
and?

Definitely!!!

Automation...
see we don't need more immigration then.

and?
We are Americans, we deserve better than that for being Americans. At least the ones with jobs do.

What's a "living wage"?
How do you know?
Show your math.

Then send them back to Mexico.

Automation...
It is not about "neeeding" immigration.
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.

Automation...
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.
In other words, you have no logical basis for supporting more immigration. All you have is slogans.

Automation...
In other words, you have no logical basis for supporting more immigration. All you have is slogans.
In other words, I'm not a moron descendant of an immigrant saying, "fuck immigrants."

Automation...
In other words, I'm not a moron descendant of an immigrant saying, "fuck immigrants."
You are a moron who can't come up with a logical reason for supporting more immigration.

Yes, I am saying "fuck immigrants." I don't have a good reason to say otherwise, and neither do you. Your position is "fuck Americans."

Our immigration laws should benefit Americans. The welfare of immigrants is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back