Could all Religions Come Together?

Why? Because I credit Him with Words and Spirit beyond what our own words and spirits can do and be?
I prefer to use logic, both in deciding who I worship and in a discussion. You seem to be averse to a logical approach. Probably because you know there is none in your worship of a mere man who never told you to worship him.

I prefer to use logic, both in deciding who I worship and in a discussion. You seem to be averse to a logical approach. Probably because you know there is none in your worship of a mere man who never told you to worship him.
Jesus never asked anyone to worship him, the man. He said he was one with God, and it is God whom we worship. That is logic where, admittedly, there is also the element of mystery and the unknown. I accept that in this life, we cannot fully know/understand God. People of faith do their best.

Yes. When we can trust that God meets each one of us where we are and draws us from that point, perhaps we will become comfortable in accepting each other at the point they are with the belief the Holy Spirit is working in everyone. Coming together does not mean we reject our own beliefs, or expect others to reject theirs.

The Holy Spirit--the third of the Trinity--is "working" in EVERYONE???

Cite your Scripture for that.

John 1:1​

New International Version​

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(shrugs) Works for me.
What's the word though? Have you ever read the other first verses of the other gospels? There's a similarity.

Jesus never asked anyone to worship him, the man. He said he was one with God, and it is God whom we worship. That is logic where, admittedly, there is also the element of mystery and the unknown. I accept that in this life, we cannot fully know/understand God. People of faith do their best.
Did he say that he was one with God in divinity? In omnipotence? In godhead? I recommend you reread the context before you reply.

That is not logic at all. It is called ignorance when someone believes strongly in something for which he has no evidence.

Did he say that he was one with God in divinity? In omnipotence? In godhead? I recommend you reread the context before you reply.

That is not logic at all. It is called ignorance when someone believes strongly in something for which he has no evidence.
You believe he meant he was one with just a portion of God?

A teacher once taught me that a man can spend his whole life reading, studying, and discussing God's perfect Word, and that at the end of his days he would not understand perfectly the tenth part of God's perfect Word.
Perhaps a little humility would help bring us together.
The Bible is 100% understandable. It's ancient Israel's autobiography. Read it that way.

You've divided your god already. The actual one God is not made out of separate pieces, like a car or a computer, not is He a man, nor is He an angel, nor does He reproduce. He doesn't need offspring. We have offspring because we die. God never dies, therefore has no need for offspring to remain behind after Him. He doesn't worship anyone and He has no needs whatsoever.
God's offspring are His by adoption.

The Bible is 100% understandable. It's ancient Israel's autobiography. Read it that way.
That is one of the ways that I read it but not the only way. I also see the KJV as some of the most beautiful literature that I have ever read. Milton was one of the scholars that King James assembled to translate into English. Having read Paradice Lost, I believe it. I also see it as a history of the Melchizedekian priesthood from Adam through Jesus. If you see it only as an early history of Israel, your understanding of it less than 100% as is my own.

That is one of the ways that I read it but not the only way. I also see the KJV as some of the most beautiful literature that I have ever read. Milton was one of the scholars that King James assembled to translate into English. Having read Paradice Lost, I believe it. I also see it as a history of the Melchizedekian priesthood from Adam through Jesus. If you see it only as an early history of Israel, your understanding of it less than 100% as is my own.
The Bible is not at all about the Melchizedekian Priesthood until after the temple is destroyed (except that Melchizedek was the archetype of that priesthood, and his cameo appearance in the OT with Abraham was long after Adam).

Like Melchizedek, Christ was not of Levi. He had no genealogy, no priestly lineage. He did not inherit his post; God specially appointed him to the estate. That is the priesthood after his judgment on Judea; it is not the priesthood in the Old or New Testaments until that time (Revelation).

Up until the heavenly Israel descends on the earth (foreign converts), the Bible is by, for, and about ethnic Israel, from Adam all the way to the Revelator.

In the Bible, only Israel prophesies. Only Israel performs miracles. Only Israel had the Mosaic Law. Only Israel had the Levitical priesthood. The Bible is all about Israel, a tribal people now without a tribe, a temple people now without a temple. It's about an extinct culture. It's about the past.

When you understand that, then future implications begin to crystallize. The existence of the Church begins to make sense.

That's the Bible, 100%.

You've divided your god already. The actual one God is not made out of separate pieces, like a car or a computer, not is He a man, nor is He an angel, nor does He reproduce. He doesn't need offspring. We have offspring because we die. God never dies, therefore has no need for offspring to remain behind after Him. He doesn't worship anyone and He has no needs whatsoever.
What do you think it means to worship? What does that look like? What does that mean? Why should one even do it?

As to your theological concerns of the divinity of Christ... the trinity is not a mystery to be solved, it is a relationship to be entered into.

You believe he meant he was one with just a portion of God?
There are no portions of God.

Jesus is merely saying that as he is the Messenger of God and he is supported by God, "neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."...."no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." His purpose is the same with the purpose of God here.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

And a few verses forward he makes it even clearer, if possible, (he just said "my father is greater than all") that he is not god:

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Asking if all religions can come together when one of them is Islam is like asking if all the fish in your fish tank will co-exist when one of them is a piranha.

God's offspring are His by adoption.
God has no offspring of any kind.

"And say, “All praise is for Allah, Who has never had ˹any˺ offspring; nor does He have a partner in ˹governing˺ the kingdom; nor is He pathetic, needing a protector. And revere Him immensely.” Quran 17:111

Asking if all religions can come together when one of them is Islam is like asking if all the fish in your fish tank will co-exist when one of them is a piranha.
Except that all the religions do co-exist. It's good you acknowledge the power of Islam though.

God has no offspring of any kind.

"And say, “All praise is for Allah, Who has never had ˹any˺ offspring; nor does He have a partner in ˹governing˺ the kingdom; nor is He pathetic, needing a protector. And revere Him immensely.” Quran 17:111
I said, God, not Allah.

Forum List

Back