Could all Religions Come Together?

Jesus said more than one verse. For example, He and the Father are One; he is one with God.

When we cannot believe in Jesus without believing in God, because they are One, the reverse is also true. One cannot believe in God without believing in Jesus--whether they accept the New Testament or not. It would be like believing in a table, but not believing in the wood that makes the table.

Second, Jesus reaches out to the lost, it is who he is. Third, Jesus once noted he had sheep in other folds.

The ever present drive to separate, reminds me of a quote from Edwin Markham:

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in.”

Jesus was like that. he drew a circle that took people in.

Yes of course.

But you are not drawn in if you do not even KNOW you are drawn in.

Luke 9:26--if you are ashamed of Christ in this life He will be ashamed of you in that day.

You just can't escape the Jesus you seem to desperately want to escape. He is love. He is also judge. They are not mutually exclusive.

Are you asserting that the Spirit of God does not work in all who believe Him? The second verse in Genesis tells God's mighty Spirit was at work over creation. Are we not His creation?

Perhaps you are thinking of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, where the work of the Holy Spirit is more personal to each person, depending on that person being open to letting the Spirit work within?

You realize you contradicted yourself in the passage above right? Making my point.

Insisting that what could only at most be seen as metaphor must be taken as literal truth is the failure of most religions.

You just can't escape the Jesus you seem to desperately want to escape.
I don't even know what you are talking about. Jesus has been with me always. I am wondering if you understand either of us?

Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship different gods.
Yes, I do remember you have share this belief of yours with me many times before. Do you remember my belief of one God, many perceptions of the One? I have several brothers and sisters and we all have the same parents. Our perceptions of these same parents differ.

Yes, I do remember you have share this belief of yours with me many times before. Do you remember my belief of one God, many perceptions of the One? I have several brothers and sisters and we all have the same parents. Our perceptions of these same parents differ.
There are perceptions and interpretations and then there are downright irreconcilable differences.

it is those irreconcilable differences that prove my point

How about we just let everyone do their own thing and respect their beliefs.
Hopefully, that is what most of us are doing now. Think of all the times the immediate family gathers for dinner. Then think of the few occasions the entire extended family gathers for a picnic or holiday dinner. And let's not forget the times one person may prefer to eat alone.

Nope. They all worship the God of Abraham. What church do you attend?
No they don't.

Christians worship a god that walked the earth as a man and is triune in nature
Jews and Muslims do not worship a god that walked the earth as a man and is triune in nature
Muslims worship a god that appointed Mohammed as his last and most important prophet and who's words are the last and final words of god and Mohammed's words supersede the words of both the OT and the NT and neither Jews nor Christians worship that god.

There are perceptions and interpretations and then there are downright irreconcilable differences.

it is those irreconcilable differences that prove my point
It is your perspective that they are irreconcilable. It is my perspective that there are differences on which we are still working. Also note, in my family there are some irreconcilable differences over my parents. They are still the same parents. Simply because two people cannot agree about another, doesn't make that one other into two.

Everybody use to have visions.

It is your perspective that they are irreconcilable. It is my perspective that there are differences on which we are still working. Also note, in my family there are some irreconcilable differences over my parents. They are still the same parents. Simply because two people cannot agree about another, doesn't make that one other into two.
Gods aren't people.

So tell me which parts of Christianity are you going to give up to see this reconciliation occur?

Will you stop believing Jesus was god and was merely a man and prophet as Muslims believe?
Will you not even believe Jesus was a prophet as Jews believe?

No they don't.

Christians worship a god that walked the earth as a man and is triune in nature
Jews and Muslims do not worship a god that walked the earth as a man and is triune in nature
Muslims worship a god that appointed Mohammed as his last and most important prophet and who's words are the last and final words of god and Mohammed's words supersede the words of both the OT and the NT and neither Jews nor Christians worship that god.
Islam was just another revelation for the people of the Arabian peninsula. They revere Jesus as the purest of the prophets, born of a virgin from the mind of God. They don't believe in original sin or blood sacrifice. It's all pretty logical. Muhammad preached Save yourselves. I cannot save you. Return to the God of Abraham.

Forum List

Back