Could all Religions Come Together?

All of those who Jesus said would "Believe in Me". Not just all of us be one. John 17:20-21
Jesus said more than one verse. For example, He and the Father are One; he is one with God.

When we cannot believe in Jesus without believing in God, because they are One, the reverse is also true. One cannot believe in God without believing in Jesus--whether they accept the New Testament or not. It would be like believing in a table, but not believing in the wood that makes the table.

Second, Jesus reaches out to the lost, it is who he is. Third, Jesus once noted he had sheep in other folds.

The ever present drive to separate, reminds me of a quote from Edwin Markham:

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in.”

Jesus was like that. he drew a circle that took people in.

The answer is a resounding, "NO."
The Muslims make a point of saying that Allah has no son. The God of Christianity has a Son that defeated death and holds the key to our eternal life. The two are not compatible.

And yet, the New World Religion is going to convince the masses, that there is one God, we just call him different names.
That is a lie and will deceive billions and billions. They are printing the Bibles now. There is no mention of Jesus in them. Those that believe in Christ will be dealt with...
Jews don't believe God had a son either. Muhammad preached: Save yourselves. I can save you. Return to the God of Abraham.

The Holy Spirit--the third of the Trinity--is "working" in EVERYONE???
Are you asserting that the Spirit of God does not work in all who believe Him? The second verse in Genesis tells God's mighty Spirit was at work over creation. Are we not His creation?

Perhaps you are thinking of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, where the work of the Holy Spirit is more personal to each person, depending on that person being open to letting the Spirit work within?

God has no offspring of any kind.

"And say, “All praise is for Allah, Who has never had ˹any˺ offspring; nor does He have a partner in ˹governing˺ the kingdom; nor is He pathetic, needing a protector. And revere Him immensely.” Quran 17:111
Some believe that we are all God's children.

Jews don't believe God had a son either. Muhammad preached: Save yourselves. I can save you. Return to the God of Abraham.
That is correct:
Luke 19:40-44, Jesus wept over Jerusalem and rebuked the Jews for not knowing the day of their visitation. Because the Jews were undiscerning, they had eyes but could not see; ears, but did not hear; hearts, but did not understand; they failed to recognize and embrace the Messiah when he visited.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
The religions could never become one. Some transcendent revelation could unite all individuals.

It's interesting that "God" would have to be beyond the capability of words or thoughts to be defined, yet so many people think they can define and limit "God".

Who told you that?
Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H) - rahimahullah - said:

"Worship (Al-'Ibadah) is obedience to Allah by following that which He ordered upon the tongues of His Messengers."
He also said:
"Worship (Al-'Ibadah) is a comprehensive term covering everything that Allah loves and is pleased with - whether saying, or actions, outward and inward."[Majmu' al-Fatawa (10/149)]

(....)

Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) - rahimahullah - said:

"And 'ibadah is obedience to Allah by acting upon what He commands, and abandoning what He forbids; and this is the reality and essence of Islam. And the meaning of Islam is: istislam (submission and surrender) to Allah - the Most High - along with the utmost compliance, humility, and submissiveness to Him."

Perhaps I should have asked, Despite differing beliefs, how can we make worshiping together happen?

Let's start with the three Abrahamic faiths. How might we come together?

What would be the point in coming together for worship?

All faiths have different beliefs and customs which are best celebrated amongst their own followers.

How about we just let everyone do their own thing and respect their beliefs.

He also said:

(....)

Happy

He also said:

(....)

Happy Ramadan and Id al-fitr. Pretend I have sent you a small package of dates tied with a ribbon.

Forum List

Back