Could Trump lose Texas in the General Election?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I know it sounds bizarre, but I think Trump could lose Texas

1. He will not have the Bush/Cruz political machines behind him
2. The Hispanic vote is adamantly against him (Texas is 40% Hispanic)
3. He has alienated women (50% of the voters)
4. Texas has seen an influx of liberals from other states
5. He is an obnoxious Yankee

Keep in mind that Texas is 40% Hispanic

Poll: Trump’s negatives among Hispanics rise; worst in GOP field

Today, 8 in 10 Hispanic voters have an unfavorable view of Trump. That includes more than 7 in 10 who have a “very unfavorable” impression of him, which is more than double the percentage of any other major candidate.

The Post-Univision survey tested those four GOP candidates against Clinton and against Sanders. While all trail badly among Hispanics at this point, Trump does the worst — losing the Hispanic vote to Clinton by 73 to 16 percent. That 57-point gap is little changed from a 54-point deficit recorded last June, but is significantly wider than the 44-point margin by which former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney lost Hispanics four years ago and bigger than in any presidential exit poll since the 1970s.

It's politics, I bet Cruz rally's behind Trump in the general. Everything we are seeing now is a bunch of hot air

From the 2012 election

Texas

Romney: 4,569,843
Obama: 3,308,124

Romney won by 1,261,124 votes

Seems insurmountable for Hillary.......where will the votes come from?

1. Timid support from Texas Republicans with the Bosh and Cruz camps hating Trump leading to low turnout of Texans to support the obnoxious Yankee
2. 900,000 new Hispanic voters
3. Women's vote turning out for Hillary and being repulsed by Trump

I don't know if Hillary will win Texas, but I and a lot more of us are going to try like hell to make that happen.Texas will be royal blue before too long anyway. Why not now?

I don't know if Hillary will win Texas, but I and a lot more of us are going to try like hell to make that happen.Texas will be royal blue before too long anyway. Why not now?

Trump's biggest base is rednecks. Of course he'd win Texas. The South is too stupid to recognize a New York carpetbagger when they see one any more.

Trump's biggest base is rednecks. Of course he'd win Texas. The South is too stupid to recognize a New York carpetbagger when they see one any more.

Normally, I would agree

I just don't see the Texas political machines getting behind Trump. Yes his build a big wall and make Mexico pay for it will draw support. But Trumps racist policies will also turn off Hispanics in big numbers

The biggest threat to Trump is if Romney's 4.5 million voters don't show up for the polls

Even if Hillary can put Texas in play it will ruin Trumps campaign if he has to defend Texas

No way in Hell Texans choose Hillary over Trump. At most, alot of people stay home. Still leaves alot of people who would throw themselves over a cliff before they flip blue. Non-Hispanic whites still constitute 45% of all Texans. And Texan women like men who treat them like shit. Remember Davis' loss to Abbott a couple years ago?

You are correct......Texas WILL turn blue fairly soon, and without the Texas/Florida electoral votes, the GOPers will only see the oval office as tourists. What the DNC could not do for decades, the changing demographics (and Trump) have done in a relatively short period of time.

You are correct......Texas WILL turn blue fairly soon, and without the Texas/Florida electoral votes, the GOPers will only see the oval office as tourists. What the DNC could not do for decades, the changing demographics (and Trump) have done in a relatively short period of time.

Normal demographic change would lead to Texas going Purple/Blue in the next 20 years

But Trump could accelerate the inevitable. The biggest problem with Hispanics in Texas has been low voter turnout. Hispanics turning out to defeat Trump could lead to a major swing

But Trump could accelerate the inevitable. The biggest problem with Hispanics in Texas has been low voter turnout. Hispanics turning out to defeat Trump could lead to a major swing

Indeed....Keep your eye out for Hillary's running mate ( A popular Hispanic Texan.)

(I wish I liked Hillary more...I don't.....but she's a very smart and savvy politician)

Indeed....Keep your eye out for Hillary's running mate ( A popular Hispanic Texan.)

(I wish I liked Hillary more...I don't.....but she's a very smart and savvy politician)

Hillary has to make up 1.2 million Romney votes in Texas

Tough to do. But a Julian Castro on the ticket could stir up the Hispanic vote...as would a "Fear Trump" campaign
I don't expect Texas Republicans to hit the pavement in support of Trump. They won't vote for Hillary, but they will find other things to do on election day or skip the top of the ticket when they vote

Possible but not probable it's highly likely Trump will have the support of the Current Governor and LT Governor who both did very well with Hispanic voters in the 2014 election. That said I will not underestimate Trumps ability to piss people off more than he already has.

From the 2012 election

Texas

Romney: 4,569,843
Obama: 3,308,124

Romney won by 1,261,124 votes

Seems insurmountable for Hillary.......where will the votes come from?

1. Timid support from Texas Republicans with the Bosh and Cruz camps hating Trump leading to low turnout of Texans to support the obnoxious Yankee
2. 900,000 new Hispanic voters
3. Women's vote turning out for Hillary and being repulsed by Trump

And this is why leftists will never secure the border or deport anyone.

Normally, I would agree

I just don't see the Texas political machines getting behind Trump. Yes his build a big wall and make Mexico pay for it will draw support. But Trumps racist policies will also turn off Hispanics in big numbers

The biggest threat to Trump is if Romney's 4.5 million voters don't show up for the polls

Except that it is not racist to want to enforce immigration laws.

But lying about that is soooooo effective for you leftists that you will NEVER admit that Truth.

Forum List

Back