Could Trump lose Texas in the General Election?

Last Presidential election, Texas went Republican by 16 points.

Not a chance it goes Democrat...especially with Hillary as the nominee.

Wishful thinking, or intentional misdirection. If liberals like Rightwinger actually believe they can easily beat Trump...why a thread like this???
Seems almost impossible doesn't it?

Until you consider the candidate is Trump and what the Texas demographics are

Possible but not probable it's highly likely Trump will have the support of the Current Governor and LT Governor who both did very well with Hispanic voters in the 2014 election. That said I will not underestimate Trumps ability to piss people off more than he already has.

I basically agree with you. Any normal GOP candidate would take Texas without a second thought

I just get the feeling that Trump could screw it up....especially if they get out the Hispanic vote
We also have to consider who the VP pick is if it's Rubio or Cruz that changes the landscape. I know both have said they wouldn't take the VP slot but politicians often change their mind on that one.

If it's Little Marco or Lying Ted, the Republican Party has lost what little is left of their credibility
That might be the view of the far left just as the far right thinks the same about Hillary both though are small portion of the voting population.

Possible but not probable it's highly likely Trump will have the support of the Current Governor and LT Governor who both did very well with Hispanic voters in the 2014 election. That said I will not underestimate Trumps ability to piss people off more than he already has.

I basically agree with you. Any normal GOP candidate would take Texas without a second thought

I just get the feeling that Trump could screw it up....especially if they get out the Hispanic vote
We also have to consider who the VP pick is if it's Rubio or Cruz that changes the landscape. I know both have said they wouldn't take the VP slot but politicians often change their mind on that one.

If it's Little Marco or Lying Ted, the Republican Party has lost what little is left of their credibility
That might be the view of the far left just as the far right thinks the same about Hillary both though are small portion of the voting population.
Are you serious?

After Trump demeaning them as Little Marco and Lying Ted with both candidates tearing into Trump as completely unworthy as a candidate and as a person.......you think it is only the far left that would be laughing at the ticket?

Are you serious?

After Trump demeaning them as Little Marco and Lying Ted with both candidates tearing into Trump as completely unworthy as a candidate and as a person.......you think it is only the far left that would be laughing at the ticket?
Yes that is nothing new in politics it's been happening long before this election and will continue to happen long after it. Everyone out side of the hyper partisans knows this.

Are you serious?

Yes that is nothing new in politics it's been happening long before this election and will continue to happen long after it. Everyone out side of the hyper partisans knows this.
George Bush accused Reagan's economic policy of being Voodoo economics......he didn't call Reagan's wife a whore

Are you serious?

George Bush accused Reagan's economic policy of being Voodoo economics......he didn't call Reagan's wife a whore
Thank you for proving my point yes the rhetoric is far worse today than it was then people today also pay far less attention to it than they did then. Look at some of the threads on this board on topics like that it's not a large number of people posting about just a handful on each side going on and on about it.

Wishful thinking, or intentional misdirection. If liberals like Rightwinger actually believe they can easily beat Trump...why a thread like this???

Well, so far, Trump has won Nevada, Florida, and Arizona...Cruz only won Texas because he is the sitting Senator. So, of the remaining candidates...Trump has won or leads nearly all the diversely populated states among Republicans. Alabama, Mississippi, Illinois, Virginia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Georgia, Nevada, Florida and Arizona...all those states have something in common...they are some of the most racially diverse states in the Union...and ALL won by Trump.

So no other candidate is even close to Trump in the racially diverse states.

Outside of Texas, what is Cruz winning? South Dakota, Kansas, Maine, Wyoming, Utah...what do they have in common? High percentage of whites, low percentage of non-whites.

You are an idiot then.

Deportation is simply reversing the migration and subsequent invasion.

Here's Mexico's version of Trump's wall.....(LOL)

Mexico_Trump_WallCOLORdailykos.jpg

In case you didn't get the memo, we live in the land of the free... Meaning you are free to skip right over any posts or threads that do not interest you.

Right wingers are like "moths to a flame".......

Well, so far, Trump has won Nevada, Florida, and Arizona...Cruz only won Texas because he is the sitting Senator. So, of the remaining candidates...Trump has won or leads nearly all the diversely populated states among Republicans. Alabama, Mississippi, Illinois, Virginia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Georgia, Nevada, Florida and Arizona...all those states have something in common...they are some of the most racially diverse states in the Union...and ALL won by Trump.

So no other candidate is even close to Trump in the racially diverse states.

Outside of Texas, what is Cruz winning? South Dakota, Kansas, Maine, Wyoming, Utah...what do they have in common? High percentage of whites, low percentage of non-whites.
Trump is winning the white base in those states not the diverse population

How much of the Hispanic population of Texas will Trump take? How will he do with the women's vote?
For most Republicans, Texas is a cakewalk
Not so sure with Yankee Trump

How much of the Hispanic population of Texas will Trump take? How will he do with the women's vote?

Right...Trump is winning the white base of the diverse states but losing the white states...that makes no sense.

Trump will win Texas and Arizona, and be competitive Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.

Can't wait to see how Trump does in New York (another racially diverse state)...Hillary may have to expend resources to shore it up as well...which is what you are truly worried about with this 'I'm just helping you Republicans out' thread.

In all honesty, based on this latest primary in Texas, 2.7 million voted republican, while 1.4 million voted democrat; basically there are 2 to 1 GOPers more than Dems.

HOWEVER, NO one is stating that Texas will turn blue for a good decade....but ignoring the fact that republican voters are considerably LESS than what they were in 1990, is the refuge of the fools.

Right...Trump is winning the white base of the diverse states but losing the white states...that makes no sense.

Trump will win Texas and Arizona, and be competitive Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.

Can't wait to see how Trump does in New York...Hillary may have to expend resources to shore it up as well.

and he still won't be president.

Can't wait to see how Trump does in New York (another racially diverse state)...Hillary may have to expend resources to shore it up as well...which is what you are truly worried about with this 'I'm just helping you Republicans out' thread.

Trump will do well in upstate New York but the metropolitan area grew tired of his act decades ago

Here's an objective assessment......

Data from Gallup Daily tracking interviews in 2014 – which interviewed more than 177,000 U.S. adults – showed that Wyoming and Utah are the top two most Republican states again. Wyoming (Republican advantage: 35.5 percent) and Utah (33.1 percent) have topped the list every year since 2008.

The 10 most Republican states all hold advantages over the Democratic Party by more than 10 percent. But Texas is not among these “solid Republican” states nor the “leaning Republican” states (states where the party gap is between 5 and 10 percent). Instead Texas is among the 18 competitive states, with Republicans holding a 3.9 percent advantage over Democrats.

That small percent still means a more than 1 million voter-advantage for Texas’ Republicans. Still, with the state’s changing demographics, analysts expect that gap to dwindle even further. However it could be at least a decade before Texas realistically has a shot of becoming a purple state.

Here's an objective assessment......

Data from Gallup Daily tracking interviews in 2014 – which interviewed more than 177,000 U.S. adults – showed that Wyoming and Utah are the top two most Republican states again. Wyoming (Republican advantage: 35.5 percent) and Utah (33.1 percent) have topped the list every year since 2008.

The 10 most Republican states all hold advantages over the Democratic Party by more than 10 percent. But Texas is not among these “solid Republican” states nor the “leaning Republican” states (states where the party gap is between 5 and 10 percent). Instead Texas is among the 18 competitive states, with Republicans holding a 3.9 percent advantage over Democrats.

That small percent still means a more than 1 million voter-advantage for Texas’ Republicans. Still, with the state’s changing demographics, analysts expect that gap to dwindle even further. However it could be at least a decade before Texas realistically has a shot of becoming a purple state.

Texas is second on electoral votes (38) to California's 55......Without Texas (as I've often stated) republicans will NOT see the inside of the White House until another Eisenhower comes along.

I don't know if Hillary will win Texas, but I and a lot more of us are going to try like hell to make that happen.Texas will be royal blue before too long anyway. Why not now?
And the Northeast and Midwest will be blood red.

Losing white voters will kill your party.

Not my problem if they are on the rag. They are normally bitchy anyway.

Forum List

Back