Could you study Martial Arts three nights a week and not be able to defend yourself?

Let it go lefties. It's clear that you have a lot resting on the verdict but it doesn't do anybody any good to play prosecutor when you're used to playing defense attorney. Let it go and wait for justice to prevail.

Republicans can't see past his skin color

and YOU Dean.....cant see past their skin color.....sounds like you are the same kind of people...

Elephant-eating-a-peanut.png

thats your response?.....im saying you are no different than a Republican Dean.....if thats all you got i must be right....thanks again for proving me right....

The left seems to have a lot riding on this trial. Thanks to Media Matters they are up to the moment on every detail. Is Van Jones waiting with a little army of OWS looters and arsonists if the verdict doesn't turn out the way they want it? It wouldn't be the first time.

That's why it's all over FOX...:D

The left seems to have a lot riding on this trial. Thanks to Media Matters they are up to the moment on every detail. Is Van Jones waiting with a little army of OWS looters and arsonists if the verdict doesn't turn out the way they want it? It wouldn't be the first time.

on Friday it was all over every channel.....

A couple things I'll point out here.....very rare a true blackbelt will tell you what he is. Very rare a true blackbelt will start a fight or agree to fight you; there's nothing he has left to prove. Very rare a true blackbelt will hurt you more than to stop your aggression; he's trained where NOT to hit you too. Very rare a true blackbelt will find himself in a position to fight; these situations are usually pretty obvious. But if you put a true blackbelt in a position to defend himself or his loved ones, you are going to lose and if you attack him with a weapon, he's apt to kill you. Make no mistake, the martial arts are real, they are effective, and one who's made it to an advanced grade isn't somebody you should toy with.

george-zimmerman-reenactment-video.jpg

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old?

Uhh...Zimmerman doesn't look big or tall, to me. I thought I would check it out though, and came upon this. Also Trevor Martin, stood 6'3" tall.....:eek:

George Zimmerman has gained 110 pounds since the shooting, when he described himself as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds.

Read more: George Zimmerman gains more than 100 pounds since fatally shooting Trayvon Martin* - NY Daily News

That man outweighed that kid by 40 pounds. 40. That is a huge difference, especially since he is a trained fighter.

So can you really study Martial Arts three nights a week and the only thing you learned is "I've fallen and I can't get up"?

Yes. I do karate and I train five nights a week, you are taught how to defend yourself against one attacker, but not multiple attackers, and you are told how to prevent being brought to the ground, but not how to defend yourself while on the ground.

The point is not to let yourself be dragged to the ground in the first place. If someone is over you, beating you, no matter how much training you have, there often isn't a technique you can use to get yourself out of that situation.

It seems to be all over CNN, they are covering the trial live. I guess that explains why they haven't shown this the pictures of Tahrir Square this year. After all, it couldn't be because the protestors are carrying signs like the one in my avatar.

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old?

Uhh...Zimmerman doesn't look big or tall, to me. I thought I would check it out though, and came upon this. Also Trevor Martin, stood 6'3" tall.....:eek:

George Zimmerman has gained 110 pounds since the shooting, when he described himself as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds.

Read more: George Zimmerman gains more than 100 pounds since fatally shooting Trayvon Martin* - NY Daily News

That man outweighed that kid by 40 pounds. 40. That is a huge difference, especially since he is a trained fighter.

Define trained fighter in a way it would include Zimmerman, I dare you.

damn dean, just when I thought you couldn't be dummer.

practice doesn't mean you're any fucking good.

and "gang sign"?

retard, he's either pointing or using a surfers hand sign for laid back.

I am a horrible speller, but when calling someone dumb one should probably spell it right.

and "gang sign"?

I am a horrible speller, but when calling someone dumb one should probably spell it right.

When neither of you have a cogent argument to make, you resort to name calling.

Brilliant.

and "gang sign"?

Maybe he did, this seems like a pretty good description of rdeano.

The nickname the Band director gives the percussion section after one or more members does something stupid, such as dropping a stick or mallet or doing something equally heinous.

Urban Dictionary: Dummer

To answer your question. Yes, depending on the circumstances and style you know.

For example, if you are jumped from behind and knocked to the ground you may not know how to defend yourself from that position.

The style I studied as a teen rarely focused on grappling techniques from the ground, focusing on defense in a standing position.

all is really moot in the Zimmerman case though. He did defend himself. He just used a gun. (BTW using weapons is a typical lesson in martial arts)

I learned two thing in martial arts, to hurt the other guy before he hurts you, and there is no such thing as a fair fight.

I have been taught to defend first, fight last. If you attack the person before they hurt you, you might get in trouble with the law.

Three nights a week and he's too fucking stupid to know he isn't learning anything? A man that old?

FAIL!

Try again.

You have no idea what this so called training involved do you?

As Someone who has studied in various martial arts (boxing, taekwondo, Bando, Krav Maga) I can say that merely taking some lessons and doing drills does not guarantee one can fight.

Unless you spar and compete (formally or informally) on a regular basis you might as well be taking Zumba.

I know if you go to class for two years and don't know that you didn't learn anything, then you're a moron.

It depends on the class.

If the so called MMA "workouts" do not include actual fighting which many don't by the way then one will not be guaranteed to learn how to fight.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

You can't bring back Trayvon. Give it up for Chrissakes.
Why you go hatin' on Zimmie?

Because good ol' Zimmerman has been showing a pattern of violence and getting off scott free for some time.

He got into a fight with a cop, was charged, got off.
He beat up his fiancée, charges, restraining order, got off.

Now?

Murder.

What's next?

So can you really study Martial Arts three nights a week and the only thing you learned is "I've fallen and I can't get up"?

Yes. I do karate and I train five nights a week, you are taught how to defend yourself against one attacker, but not multiple attackers, and you are told how to prevent being brought to the ground, but not how to defend yourself while on the ground.

The point is not to let yourself be dragged to the ground in the first place. If someone is over you, beating you, no matter how much training you have, there often isn't a technique you can use to get yourself out of that situation.

What system are you training in???????? Our GoJu kata simulate fighting SIX opponents and I've never seen a system that didn't teach ground defense. While it's true you can't get a hip-snap lower to the ground than on your knees, there are multiple techniques you can employ on the ground. A competent instructor will have enough background in general self-defense tactics to teach escapes from holds, simple throws and foot-sweeps. If you aren't learning these things you need to take a look at another school. :eusa_eh:

Witness describes Zimmerman's injuries, phone call to wife | Fox News

The final witness for the day was Lindzee Folgate, a physician's assistant who examined Zimmeman on the day after the shooting. She said that Zimmerman was taking MMA (mixed martial arts) lessons three days a week and that when she suggested that he see a psychologist, he mentioned that he was already seeing one.

I was reading Fox News and came across this interesting bit of news.

This is where Zimmerman said Martin had "jumped out from behind bushes".

video-zimmerman-reenact-articleLarge.jpg

George Zimmerman making a "gang sign".

And look, this is a BIG guy studying martial arts and he was getting torn up by a super skinny 17 year old? Good thing he was able to remove the "safety" off the gun. Unless it was already off? Why else chase someone with a gun if you don't intend to use it?

r-GEORGE-ZIMMERMAN-large570.jpg

Looks like murder is a REALLY good way to lose weight.

120420095405_george-zimmerman3.jpeg

ghostwridah-skittlesicedtea.jpg

De la Rionda asks about Zimmerman seeing a psychologist. She says he was already established with a psychologist.
De la Rionda asks about the MMA exercise.
O’Mara objects to being outside the scope.
The attorneys approach for a side bar.

She says she also suggested him seeing a psychological consult and that he was already seeing a psychologist.

She says she doesn’t remember an injury on Zimmerman’s chin.

George Zimmerman Trial Day 15: Live Updates | News 13
I wondered about his MMA experiences because when his cell phone number got released to the media I googled it and it came back as a one time phone number for a martial arts studio.

Curious that he was taken down by a barely 17 year old, isn't it? I think it is very pertinent to the trial and I'm surprised if they are not allowing it.

Forum List

Back