Country artists

How do you listen to country music without killing yourself? I was forced to hear it as a kid, I think my dad's favorite was "Does my ring hurt yer fanger when you go out at night.."

^^^ Not to brag of course but I've been blessed to see them three times and to me they only got better with each time. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
I have seen a lot of people in concert but those days ended 14 years ago when I had a child. In the last couple years I have taken my daughter to see a few people but for the most part that aspect of my life was given up along with most everything that made me me when I had a child.

Ok men...never say I didn't throw you one

:laugh: haha...if Im going to stay on this board today I need to set my water down.

Wasnt there a song... its your fault our kids are ugly?
some deep lyrics.

Oh probably. Country is a funny genre. There is one by Vince Gill called "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night That Chew My Ass Out All Day Long" There is also one called "I Ain't Too Old to Cut the Mustard, Just Too Tired to Spread It Around"

^^^ Not to brag of course but I've been blessed to see them three times and to me they only got better with each time. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
I have seen a lot of people in concert but those days ended 14 years ago when I had a child. In the last couple years I have taken my daughter to see a few people but for the most part that aspect of my life was given up along with most everything that made me me when I had a child.
I haven't seen anyone since my most favorite singer James Otto on January 31, 2011.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

How do you listen to country music without killing yourself? I was forced to hear it as a kid, I think my dad's favorite was "Does my ring hurt yer fanger when you go out at night.."

LOL...the lyrics
...we moved around a lot and my dad always loved new places and new experiences. I thought it was pure torture as a kid.

I like Tracy Lawrence's music. He got himself in a heap of trouble some years ago and it pretty well destroyed his music career. He came to my town last year but my daughter would not have liked his style so I wasn't able to go see him although I drug her to see the Oaks and she enjoyed it

And who could forget those country classics:
She broke my heart so I broke her jaw
I spilled my lunch again
You cain't get there from here
They all look purtier at closing time
Never done that with my boots on before

ok last one...I think these guys were from one of those dorky competitions shows. I've always thought it was a cheap way to find any talent. Its still a good song with a down home feel.

ok last one...I think these guys were from one of those dorky competitions shows. I've always thought it was a cheap way to find any talent. Its still a good song with a down home feel.

Still too depressing for me. I like Shania Twain type stuff. Or is that considered too upbeat to be country?

Nashville rarely puts out good music anymore in my opinion. They seem to be using the hip hop/ r&b model that floods the airwaves with auto-tuned attractive people in tight fitting clothes.

If you ever get the chance to see Dale Watson perform take it. You won't be disappointed. Plus he has a really cool Tomkins telecaster!

I like this one mainly because it's a duet with Hank Williams III....and the guitar work is nice.

0e2f7e825ec7e454ea9685adecc5d7df.jpg

No they are not from a competition show. I like them too. They have a hilarious song I love called sic em on a chicken I will post when I can. I am on a device right now that isn't cooperative to post songs

Forum List

Back