Couple rejected after video company says it doesn’t film gay weddings

Homosexuality was once illegal now it is mandatory.

One day, it will be a crime to refuse to have homosexual sex.

If you think I say this in jest, I do not.

Correct. They already have 'Learning materials' produced for public school teachers that encourage 'experimentation' with faggot fetishism, putting pressure on even grade school kids to' try it at least once!!!' School systems actually pay teachers to attend seminars on desensitizing children to being groomed by pedophile faggots.

One should be able to determine who one does business with. I just wish they would post it in the window or on their website so as to not waste people's time and I can avoid doing business with them also.
Why so mother fucking queers can sue them? Fuck that.

I gave my opinion. I would simply like to be able to avoid hateful people. Saves me problems in the future.

For your business? It should be your choice.

The market will decide which one of us will succeed or not. As it should be.
No, it shouldn't always be. The market decided that was just fine, 60 years ago. And that is not okay. What do you think changed? Hint: It wasn't the free market. It wasn't happy thoughts, or boycotts.

Good Morning, FFI. Hope the day is finding you well.

Jim Crow laws mandating the segregation of businesses isn't what I would call the free market. Despite the courts disagree with me I believe all public accommodation laws are unconstitutional. Even *if* I believe they were constitutional I still feel these laws have outlived their uselessness and no longer serve the purpose they were originally intended for. The idea of forcing one to associate flies in the face of business rights, property rights, and individual liberty and I cannot abide that.

For your business? It should be your choice.

The market will decide which one of us will succeed or not. As it should be.
No, it shouldn't always be. The market decided that was just fine, 60 years ago. And that is not okay. What do you think changed? Hint: It wasn't the free market. It wasn't happy thoughts, or boycotts.

Good Morning, FFI. Hope the day is finding you well.

Jim Crow laws mandating the segregation of businesses isn't what I would call the free market. Despite the courts disagree with me I believe all public accommodation laws are unconstitutional. Even *if* I believe they were constitutional I still feel these laws have outlived their uselessness and no longer serve the purpose they were originally intended for. The idea of forcing one to associate flies in the face of business rights, property rights, and individual liberty and I cannot abide that.

I see PA laws as just fine when applied to actual Public Accommodations, not just "any time money changes hands"

To me, the best example would be a hotel with large catering rooms. The hotel when renting rooms is a PA, and should not be able to discriminate with regards to booking rooms. However, they should be able to deny (politely I hope) hosting a Same Sex Wedding Ceremony in one of their catering halls.

One to me is a point of sale item, the other a contracted item, with the Contracted item not being a PA.

No matter what today's law is, yhey are not getting married.

They can never be what a man and woman are.

They are very different, hence there should be a different name.

Dykiage? Lesbiage, Gayriage.

Words have meaning. Marriage is defined by many centuries of society and culture. The last 2 minutes of politics does not change the meaning of words. Certainly they are dictating this but like Jim Crow laws of the past democrats will be found wrong again.

I see PA laws as just fine when applied to actual Public Accommodations, not just "any time money changes hands"

To me, the best example would be a hotel with large catering rooms. The hotel when renting rooms is a PA, and should not be able to discriminate with regards to booking rooms. However, they should be able to deny (politely I hope) hosting a Same Sex Wedding Ceremony in one of their catering halls.

One to me is a point of sale item, the other a contracted item, with the Contracted item not being a PA.

I think they have to right to refuse either if they so wish. Would I give my money to a place that has these discriminatory practices? Hell no. If you don't want to serve me, or Mormons, or Jews, or red heads, or Caps fan that's fine to me, but they'll never get dime one from me.

I think they have to right to refuse either if they so wish. Would I give my money to a place that has these discriminatory practices? Hell no. If you don't want to serve me, or Mormons, or Jews, or red heads, or Caps fan that's fine to me, but they'll never get dime one from me.

I guess I draw the line differently.

To me Actual PA laws applied to actual PA's are within the individual States mandates to regulate commerce, as per their State constitutions.

Not being a PA would be simple, just work by invitation/appointment only.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
One should be able to determine who one does business with. I just wish they would post it in the window or on their website so as to not waste people's time and I can avoid doing business with them also.

One of my biggest complaints about these business owners is that they hide their views and then spring them on would-be clients instead of being honest in their advertising. Two cases that I actually checked on were that crazy baker in Colorado and a wedding venue. They never said a word on their websites that they would refuse business. Instead, the message to the public was "come to my business." I do, however, support public-accommodation laws that are generally applicable to all business owners.

I also have a question as to whether these business owners would be in favor of all business owners having the right to refuse service on other grounds, such as religion. Would an LGBT business owner have the right to refuse service to someone who is a member of an anti-gay religion? Everyone should have the same rights.

Would an LGBT business owner have the right to refuse service to someone who is a member of an anti-gay religion? Everyone should have the same rights.
There are a couple of businesses in my town that fly the homo pride rainbow flag in front of their store.
I view it as a public service for people who want to avoid entering a store that caters to mentally deranged fudge packers. ... :gay:

One of my biggest complaints about these business owners is that they hide their views and then spring them on would-be clients instead of being honest in their advertising. Two cases that I actually checked on were that crazy baker in Colorado and a wedding venue. They never said a word on their websites that they would refuse business. Instead, the message to the public was "come to my business." I do, however, support public-accommodation laws that are generally applicable to all business owners.

I also have a question as to whether these business owners would be in favor of all business owners having the right to refuse service on other grounds, such as religion. Would an LGBT business owner have the right to refuse service to someone who is a member of an anti-gay religion? Everyone should have the same rights.

The thing is these people don't want to deny point of sale transactions, or non-customized items, they just don't want to perform one contracted transaction, and even if "sprung" on people, it's not like finding another baker/photographer/florist is that hard.

Would you want to force an hard core Atheist photographer to work at a Christian Fundamentalist wedding?

The thing is these people don't want to deny point of sale transactions, or non-customized items, they just don't want to perform one contracted transaction, and even if "sprung" on people, it's not like finding another baker/photographer/florist is that hard.

Would you want to force an hard core Atheist photographer to work at a Christian Fundamentalist wedding?

I wouldn't understand why they would turn it down.

Because in both cases they ceremony goes against their moral beliefs.

You aren't advocating for the beliefs. You are doing a job you advertise that you do. If you want to be an advocate for something, be an advocate. Don't be a photographer or baker.

I seriously doubt that all war photographers supported the wars.

You aren't advocating for the beliefs. You are doing a job you advertise that you do. If you want to be an advocate for something, be an advocate. Don't be a photographer or baker.

Why deny a person what they want to do for a living over one transaction that is easily done by someone else?

Why deny a person what they want to do for a living over one transaction that is easily done by someone else?

I wouldn't. I'm stating my opinion. Nowhere did I say I wanted to make it law.

I wouldn't. I'm stating my opinion. Nowhere did I say I wanted to make it law.

Well that is the issue with PA laws being enforced against them, with fines in the hundreds of thousands of dollars being applied.

Forum List

Back