Courts will do the TX abortion law what they did to Wisconsin's

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013
BLOCK IT!

As unconstitutional.

For a party that keeps throwing up the Constitution (pun intended) as their platform foundation, Republicans seem to violate it an awful lot.

This is all settled law under Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Boland.

That is correct..

The right to have an abortion is not absolute. The Government is allowed to put restrictions in place.

It is settled law.

Texas did not outlaw abortions.

They are still legal under 20 weeks, just as they are in 12 other States.

Abortion centers must comply with medical standards to protect the lives of the women.

Why do liberals not want ordinary medical standards applied to abortion? Do they really think the supreme court will overturn the requirement for standards?

I would support a law saying that ALL mothers must watch Silent Scream before they are allowed to kill their child.

That is correct..

The right to have an abortion is not absolute. The Government is allowed to put restrictions in place.

It is settled law.

Abortion centers must comply with medical standards to protect the lives of the women.

Again, this is why I made the point of citing Boland as well as Roe. Roe allowed for restrictions, but Boland was a lot more far reaching and gave a lot more discretions to doctors under "health of the mother" exceptions. Which can even include her mental health.

These laws will be struck down when the courts get them.

I would support a law saying that ALL mothers must watch Silent Scream before they are allowed to kill their child.

Because making them watch anti-abortio agit prop will accomplish, what, exactly?

You seem to work under the delusion that women can be talked out of abortion.

You all have been trying that for 40 years, and it hasn't worked.

agreed. and the mere thought about somebody being talked out of murder of their baby is driving libtards NUTS

which poses the question - why? why are they so afraid women may change their mind?

the answer is simple - most militant proaborts are simply on a payroll. Abortion is a very lucrative industry, cash often. So the multibillion industry does not want to loose the revenue and they hire viginas with vocal cords.

Because making them watch anti-abortio agit prop will accomplish, what, exactly?

It isn't propaganda :)

It's real...wgat are you afraid of Joe?

Worried some mother might decide NOT to kill her kid?

That is correct..

It is settled law.

Those ‘medical standards’ requirements do not seek a legitimate legislative end, nor do they have a rational basis as there's no evidence they're needed or will in any way make abortions 'safer'; consequently they manifest an undue burden to the exercising of a fundamental right. See: Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992).

The ‘medical standards’ provision of the legislation will likely be invalidated accordingly.

If pregnant women were given 1.5 votes, the libs would become pro life overnight.

Guy, when I used to be Right Wing and Catholic, I used to buy into the whole propaganda thing.

I knew gals who got the full 12 years of Catholic Anti-Abortion propaganda.

And they still went to abortion clinics when they had an "Oops". The walked passed the assholes with the bibles and pictures of aborted fetuses screaming "Murderer" at them.

because at the end of the day, this was the rest of their lives they were considering here.

Guy, when I used to be Right Wing and Catholic, I used to buy into the whole propaganda thing.

And they still went to abortion clinics when they had an "Oops". The walked passed the assholes with the bibles and pictures of aborted fetuses screaming "Murderer" at them.

because at the end of the day, this was the rest of their lives they were considering here.

Not at all concerned with the life they had created

How sweet

oh, please, just stop lying. ex-conservative, ex-Catholic, ex-republican. :bsflag:

it's disgusting and shreds out any remains of decency one might suspect you have left

you are a simple cradle libtard - lying without blinking :puke3:

agreed. and the mere thought about somebody being talked out of murder of their baby is driving libtards NUTS

which poses the question - why? why are they so afraid women may change their mind?

the answer is simple - most militant proaborts are simply on a payroll. Abortion is a very lucrative industry, cash often. So the multibillion industry does not want to loose the revenue and they hire viginas with vocal cords.

I'm not the least bit worried about someone "changing their mind". It's their mind to change.

I knew a gal when I was in the service. She was the girlfriend of a fellow NCO I considered a friend until I realized he was a dick.

Anyway, he kept stringing this gal along with promises to marry her. And then one day, she got tired of waiting and "forgot" to take her birth control and got pregnant. And when he still wouldn't come through with a wedding, she had an abortion.

She broke up with this clown, got back together with him, and the same thing happened a year and a half later. I pretty much got both of them out of my life after that and was better off for it.

Now here was the thing, this gal was a devout Catholic, brought up in a very strict Asian household. Her biggest fear was that her parents would find out she wasn't still a virgin at 22.

Abortion exists because people have lives. And when a pregnancy doesn't fit into their lives, they will end it. Regardless of what the law is. Regardless of how much propaganda you make them watch.

I mean, sweet evil Jesus, man, nothing has been propagandized against more than smoking, but people still take up the habit.

oh, please, just stop lying. ex-conservative, ex-Catholic, ex-republican.

it's disgusting and shreds out any remains of decency one might suspect you have left

you are a simple cradle libtard - lying without blinking ::

Just because you aren't intelligent enough to change your mind, doesn't mean the world works that way.

I used to be Catholic, until I prayed for my Mom's cancer to get better and she died anyway.

I used to be Republican, until my Romney loving boss screwed me over professionally and then announced how glad he was he didn't have to deal with a union.

Stuff happens, and if you are smart, you reevaluate.

"the rest of their lives " indeed. We are talking about reasonable limits on abortion. Imagine the psychological damage to a reasonable woman when she feels the full term (20 something week) baby turned around iside her by technicians and she looks down to see tiny legs writhing in agony as the baby that was part of her body is stabbed in the back of the head while a Frankenstein device sucks it's brain out until it's tiny face now looks like a prune as it lays dead.

Forum List

Back