COVID bill: 2 billion for space force?

Only a juvenile moron like Trump would even come up with something as useless and stupid as a space force.

The GOP has to coddle his ego I guess. As with other irrelevant expenditures, there’s 2 billion for “space force”. What will that even look like? No one including republicans know.

If you don't think its important to keep ahead of China in space in our orbit then you are not a thinking person....
We don’t need a branch of the military for that. You get that right?
Oh sure we can send a Naval fleet to stop a Chinese weaponized satellite LMFAO....wow...anything and everything to bash Trump....too bad for you that he will still get a second term....after China Joe the people will be begging for Trump....

Only a juvenile moron like Trump would even come up with something as useless and stupid as a space force.

The GOP has to coddle his ego I guess. As with other irrelevant expenditures, there’s 2 billion for “space force”. What will that even look like? No one including republicans know.

If you don't think its important to keep ahead of China in space in our orbit then you are not a thinking person....
Oh sure we can send a Naval fleet to stop a Chinese weaponized satellite LMFAO....wow...anything and everything to bash Trump....too bad for you that he will still get a second term....after China Joe the people will be begging for Trump....

What do we send?

Nothing should be in the bill other than direct funds to us citizens.....period.

It was Trump's negotiation team who wanted to roll more spending into it..

Democrats would be very happy taking out the Space Force stuff. Trump's team led by Munchin wanted and agreed to it....

On another thign he said about $2,000 payout, Pelosi has already said she wants this... The Democrats that were pushing that and McConnell got that taken down to $600...
1608765334380.png

So if Democrats got the $2000 dollars passed in the house, can Trump deliver the Senate?

the space force has been talked about since reagan,, youre just mad trump did it and not biden or obama,,
Why do we need two billion for it in a Covid Bill?

the space force has been talked about since reagan,, youre just mad trump did it and not biden or obama,,
ask the democrats cause they are the ones that put it in there not trump or me,,

ask the democrats cause they are the ones that put it in there not trump or me,,

It most likely came from the Republicans, why would Democrats want to fund Space Force? Or a tax break for race horses.

I could be wrong, but I believe the funds are separate for space force are in the omnibus and not the covid bill.

I could be wrong, but I believe the funds for space force are in the omnibus and not the covid bill.
one vote one bill,,,

Nothing should be in the bill other than direct funds to us citizens.....period.

It was Trump's negotiation team who wanted to roll more spending into it..

Democrats would be very happy taking out the Space Force stuff. Trump's team led by Munchin wanted and agreed to it....

On another thign he said about $2,000 payout, Pelosi has already said she wants this... The Democrats that were pushing that and McConnell got that taken down to $600...
View attachment 432747

So if Democrats got the $2000 dollars passed in the house, can Trump deliver the Senate?
Grandma must have a Short-term memory issue. Trump wanted 1.2K on Sept or so.
Anyway. Mitch is in a whole lot of plain now. Grandma is one step ahead and she is in control now. :cool:

It most likely came from the Republicans, why would Democrats want to fund Space Force? Or a tax break for race horses.
lets just say both of them,,, and again not trump so I dont understand the outrage,,,

theres a lot more in it to be outraged about than this,, at least that money stays in the country,,

I could be wrong, but I believe the funds for space force are in the omnibus and not the covid bill.
one vote one bill,,,
I misread, I thought they were separate.
Still, space force is much more important than many other distributions.

one vote one bill,,,
thats their political dbl speak,,, it was all one vote for one bill,,,

lets just say both of them,,, and again not trump so I dont understand the outrage,,,

theres a lot more in it to be outraged about than this,, at least that money stays in the country,,

No, pretty sure Space Force was a compromise the Dems gave the Republicans in order to pass the bill. Also, considering the White House works with the Republicans the funding probably originated with Trump since it's about him.

Kentucky, race horses, hmm.

one vote one bill,,,
I was thinking this was two separate bills, but thanks for clarifying.
This is a peachy bill.

The omnibus spending bill passed by Congress on Monday night includes an unexpected array of provisions including $2 billion for the US Space Force, $35 million for sexual-abstinence programs, and a tax break for owners of racehorses.

No, pretty sure Space Force was a compromise the Dems gave the Republicans in order to pass the bill. Also, considering the White House works with the Republicans the funding probably originated with Trump since it's about him.

at least the race horses are americans,,,

at least the race horses are americans,,,

Actually, horses aren't citizens and they are probably Arabians, uh-oh.

Anyway, I think Pelosi is more than happy to pass a simple COVID bill with the $2k checks. You should call McConnell, the guy Trump just stabbed in the back and see what's up with that on his end.

We don’t need an entire branch of the military for that you idiot lol

You can put things in bills? I’m impressed.

This one contains a shitload of bipartisan pork.

Among the more obscure provisions, some of which appear totally unrelated to the pandemic, are:

• A provision for $2.4 billion to be given to the Space Force.
  • A measure stating that China must have no role in choosing the next Dalai Lama and that decisions on the "reincarnation of the Dalai Lama should be made solely by faith leaders." (Tenzin Gyatso, the current Dalai Lama, is 85.)
  • $35 million in funding for sexual-abstinence programs that "exclusively implement education in sexual risk avoidance (defined as voluntarily refraining from non marital sexual activity.)"
  • Provisions for a tax break for owners of racehorses.
  • Permission granted for the creation of a Smithsonian American Women's History Museum and a National Museum of the American Latino.
  • A provision of $4 billion to the US Navy for weapons procurement.
  • A provision of $500 million to Israel and Jordan.
  • A provision declaring that illegal streaming is now a felony.
and more....
But the tax provisions — including extending a $2.5 billion break for race car tracks and allowing a $6.3 billion write-off for business meals, derided as the “three-martini lunch” expense — have prompted the most hand-wringing.

But, I think you are wrong, Bernie Sanders accused the Republicans of inserting the Space Force stuff.

one vote one bill,,,
I was thinking this was two separate bills, but thanks for clarifying.
This is a peachy bill.

The omnibus spending bill passed by Congress on Monday night includes an unexpected array of provisions including $2 billion for the US Space Force, $35 million for sexual-abstinence programs, and a tax break for owners of racehorses.
I think I was confused also...the Covid bill is just on part of tbe omnibus bill.

one vote one bill,,,
The Space Force is already getting funding in tbe Defense bill though.

Forum List

Back