COVID bill: 2 billion for space force?

Only a juvenile moron like Trump would even come up with something as useless and stupid as a space force.

The GOP has to coddle his ego I guess. As with other irrelevant expenditures, there’s 2 billion for “space force”. What will that even look like? No one including republicans know.

the space force has been talked about since reagan,, youre just mad trump did it and not biden or obama,,
Why do we need two billion for it in a Covid Bill?
ask the democrats cause they are the ones that put it in there not trump or me,,

It most likely came from the Republicans, why would Democrats want to fund Space Force? Or a tax break for race horses.
lets just say both of them,,, and again not trump so I dont understand the outrage,,,

theres a lot more in it to be outraged about than this,, at least that money stays in the country,,

No, pretty sure Space Force was a compromise the Dems gave the Republicans in order to pass the bill. Also, considering the White House works with the Republicans the funding probably originated with Trump since it's about him.

Kentucky, race horses, hmm.
at least the race horses are americans,,,

Actually, horses aren't citizens and they are probably Arabians, uh-oh.

Anyway, I think Pelosi is more than happy to pass a simple COVID bill with the $2k checks. You should call McConnell, the guy Trump just stabbed in the back and see what's up with that on his end.
fuck mcconnell,,,

ask the democrats cause they are the ones that put it in there not trump or me,,

You can put things in bills? I’m impressed.

This one contains a shitload of bipartisan pork.

Among the more obscure provisions, some of which appear totally unrelated to the pandemic, are:

• A provision for $2.4 billion to be given to the Space Force.
  • A measure stating that China must have no role in choosing the next Dalai Lama and that decisions on the "reincarnation of the Dalai Lama should be made solely by faith leaders." (Tenzin Gyatso, the current Dalai Lama, is 85.)
  • $35 million in funding for sexual-abstinence programs that "exclusively implement education in sexual risk avoidance (defined as voluntarily refraining from non marital sexual activity.)"
  • Provisions for a tax break for owners of racehorses.
  • Permission granted for the creation of a Smithsonian American Women's History Museum and a National Museum of the American Latino.
  • A provision of $4 billion to the US Navy for weapons procurement.
  • A provision of $500 million to Israel and Jordan.
  • A provision declaring that illegal streaming is now a felony.
and more....
But the tax provisions — including extending a $2.5 billion break for race car tracks and allowing a $6.3 billion write-off for business meals, derided as the “three-martini lunch” expense — have prompted the most hand-wringing.

But, I think you are wrong, Bernie Sanders accused the Republicans of inserting the Space Force stuff.
still dont know why youre asking me,,

Only a juvenile moron like Trump would even come up with something as useless and stupid as a space force.

The GOP has to coddle his ego I guess. As with other irrelevant expenditures, there’s 2 billion for “space force”. What will that even look like? No one including republicans know.

And all the Trumptards talk about is all the 'democrat pork', they never mention this $2 billion for Trump's useless and unneeded pet project...interesting
Again, though....at least its a US project.
So you have no problem with 'liberal democrat pork' as long as it's spent in the U.S...good to know.
All pork should be secondary in a Covid relief bill, no? But if any must be included then US programs would be first, is that a hard concept to understand?
Not at all so stop whining about 'democrat pork' in the bill..

the space force has been talked about since reagan,, youre just mad trump did it and not biden or obama,,
Why do we need two billion for it in a Covid Bill?
I could be wrong, but I believe the funds for space force are in the omnibus and not the covid bill.
one vote one bill,,,
I misread, I thought they were separate.
Still, space force is much more important than many other distributions.
The Space Force is already getting funding in tbe Defense bill though.
Gotcha

Space force = cart before the horse force.

They need a spaceship or two to need a space force.
Satellites will be sufficient.

Space force = cart before the horse force.

They need a spaceship or two to need a space force.
Satellites will be sufficient.
They can't even get them up there without elon musk's help

Among the more obscure provisions, some of which appear totally unrelated to the pandemic, are:

• A measure stating that China must have no role in choosing the next Dalai Lama and that decisions on the "reincarnation of the Dalai Lama should be made solely by faith leaders." (Tenzin Gyatso, the current Dalai Lama, is 85.)
  • $35 million in funding for sexual-abstinence programs that "exclusively implement education in sexual risk avoidance (defined as voluntarily refraining from non marital sexual activity.)"
  • Permission granted for the creation of a Smithsonian American Women's History Museum and a National Museum of the American Latino.
and more....
But the tax provisions — including extending a $2.5 billion break for race car tracks and allowing a $6.3 billion write-off for business meals, derided as the “three-martini lunch” expense — have prompted the most hand-wringing.

But, I think you are wrong, Bernie Sanders accused the Republicans of inserting the Space Force stuff.
Because you made the claim.

and more....

youre mental,, I never made a claim about the money,,

,.l

and more....

You said the Democrats put the Space Force stuff in.

,.l

and more....

all spending starts in the house and the dems control the house,,,
am I wrong on that??

,.l

and more....

am I wrong on that??
You are wrong in assuming that is all there is to it.

,.l

and more....

am I wrong on that??
You are wrong in assuming that is all there is to it.
could be,,,

I know what it will look like. A lot like reagan's star wars waste of money.

Neither are actually about space wars or a shield over America.

What they are about is pumping tax dollars in the pockets of certain companies in the military industrial complex.

It's nothing but a waste of money that could be better used for education or infrastructure but republicans need to give that money to their campaign donors.

I don't know if you were around in the reagan years but reagan went on one of the largest military spending spree to get us out of the worst economy since the last republican Great Depression he caused with his tax cuts and deregulation. In those years billions went to private companies in the military industrial complex. Those who had the money to bribe the right politicians, got the contracts.

Just like with the military waste and star wars in the reagan years, trump's space force will be abandoned quietly without any benefit to America but friends of trump and republicans will be 2 billion dollars richer.

That is what trump's "space force" is for and what will look like.

Let’s pretend China beat us to space. With what technology are you worried about?

It's already there, has been longer than any of you MSM watchers would ever realize. Pay attention don't just call bullshit without all facts. And NO I won't, look them up yourself. As I have for years. It's time, many many weapons in space most have never heard about. We need to be on top or at least a level playing ground.

Try a search with three words, space-force-china, and it might change your point of view.
Let’s pretend China beat us to space. With what technology are you worried about?
Actually that would be the technology that the Clinton's first gave them for campaign contributions in the 90's. Then the Obama Biden's administration gave them the golden egg!

I know what it will look like. A lot like reagan's star wars waste of money.

Neither are actually about space wars or a shield over America.

What they are about is pumping tax dollars in the pockets of certain companies in the military industrial complex.

It's nothing but a waste of money that could be better used for education or infrastructure but republicans need to give that money to their campaign donors.

I don't know if you were around in the reagan years but reagan went on one of the largest military spending spree to get us out of the worst economy since the last republican Great Depression he caused with his tax cuts and deregulation. In those years billions went to private companies in the military industrial complex. Those who had the money to bribe the right politicians, got the contracts.

Just like with the military waste and star wars in the reagan years, trump's space force will be abandoned quietly without any benefit to America but friends of trump and republicans will be 2 billion dollars richer.

That is what trump's "space force" is for and what will look like.
You crats can twist and spin just about anything can't you ? Reagan came into a weakened down America, and just like Trump he aimed to rebuild us before we got challenged in the volital world in which we all live. He became so powerful of a figure, that he was able to say to the Russian leader Gorbachev "tear down this wall".

Forum List

Back