‘Covid Is A Miserable Way To Die’: Alabama Doctor Refuses To Treat Anyone Who Is Unvaccinated

It may and will be now, since we are in a pandemic. A functional adult should be able to puzzle that out. And yes genius, you can lie to your doctor. But that's just following up stupid with something even dumber.

If it's so right, WHY IS ONLY ONE FUCKING DOCTOR DOING IT?

God damn you're a stupid mother fucker.

Well, it is certainly within a doctors right to do so. The doctor said in a letter to his patients, saying they should seek care elsewhere if they refused to take the vaccine. A pulmonologist I see refuses to treat patients that refuse to stop smoking. When there are proven simple methods to prevent serious disease and patients refuse to utilize them, more doctors should take this position. Serious disease effects more people than just the patient. Serious diseases such Covid-19 takes a toll on family, friends, and also the doctors and nurses who treatment the patient, not to mention the people they infect with the disease.

"We do not yet have any great treatments for severe disease, but we do have great prevention with vaccines. Unfortunately, many have declined to take the vaccine, and some end up severely ill or dead," Valentine said in the letter. "I cannot and will not force anyone to take the vaccine, but I also cannot continue to watch my patients suffer and die from an eminently preventable disease."

Bullshit. The vaccine has not been properly tested and is one of the reasons I refuse to get it. It’s not right to refuse treatment because one refuses to take a vaccine whose long term effects are not known. Or short term effects either, for that matter; people are experiencing adverse effects after getting it.

Also, the vaccine does not prevent Covid, everyone knows this. Vaxers have been telling anti-vaxers this whole time that it does not prevent one from getting Covid, that it only eases symptoms. So this doctor’s justification doesn’t hold water.

As I said in a previous post, this is nothing more than a political/moral statement.

Just responding to the simplistic bullshit from the WEAR ALL THE MASKS TAKE ALL THE SHOTS fascists like you in kind.
You have a bad habit of using words that you don't understand.

And yes moron, get vaccinated and wear a mask indoors for a while. Maybe find a 9 year old to explain to you why you should.

That doesn't matter. It's not something that's asked dumb ass.

I guess you didn't know about fox so called news. They are requiring all of their employees to report their vaccination status. They aren't just asking but requiring employees to actually report their vaccination status with the company.

They're also mandating masks for people indoors with many people around.

But I don't see any posts from you objecting to it.

We’re not? As I understand it, the emergency rooms and ICUs are having a hard time keeping up.
Correct. We are not. We are talking about a GP and his practice.

If this were an ER doc, there wouldnt be any debate. He would already be fired and likely be up for losing his license.

Wrong. That is a fantasy, and i am about 100% sure you have no idea what the standard is or should be, nor the depth of testing that occured.

It's a bullshit talking point you hide behind, because you know your actual reasons are childish and silly.

First of all, you don’t know my reasons so do not assume you do. Secondly, no vaccine is rolled out as fast as this one was. Given how quickly they rushed to get it out there, you’ll never convince me it has been fully tested.

The adverse effects some are experiencing would suggest unforseen side effects and therefore it was not fully tested.

As for my other reason for not getting it, it is because of your responses to me in this discussion. Or rather, your responses are indicative of the mentality of the people in this country making a moral and political issue out of a pandemic. In short, groupthink.

I don’t respond well when the government or a bunch of self righteous windbags try to shame me into something. I am immediately mistrustful when they think these kinds of tactics are necessary.

It's his right to do this but I think he should keep treating his patients whether they are vaccinated or not.

With the increased severity of the Delta variant's symptoms, coupled with its higher mortality rate, unvaccinated patients will either survive, or die, regardless of the efforts by medical professionals.

So, this Doctor's motivation is understandable. He is reserving his time for patients who took the responsibility to minimize the effects of COVID by receiving vaccinations.

Their willingness to protect themselves enables the Doctor to treat many more patients in the allotted time.

Given how quickly they rushed to get it out there, you’ll never convince me it has been fully tested.
Exactly. But still I know this isn't why. How many doses administered? What is the benchmark you are waiting for? It does not exist. You don't have one. This is how I know this is a bullshit reason.

The adverse effects some are experiencing would suggest unforseen side effects and therefore it was not fully tested.
No they don't. In fact, the extremely low numbers show the vaccines are very, very safe. And no, that doesn't show it wasn't fully tested, anyway..

It's his right to do this but I think he should keep treating his patients whether they are vaccinated or not.

It is also a right to refuse to participate in abortions. Is that on your hit parade? It is the doctors right to take away the choice of his patients? That is not medicine, it is politics. The doctor should lose his right to practice.

Correct. We are not. We are talking about a GP and his practice.

If this were an ER doc, there wouldnt be any debate. He would already be fired and likely be up for losing his license.

Doesn’t matter. Why? Because with or without a vaccine, there is no guarantee that a person will contract Covid. And, no one can predict how Covid will affect any one person anyway.
If the doctor knew for a fact that a particular patient will contract Covid without the vaccine, I might see his point.
However, in the case of a medical condition such as diabetes, the condition already exists and the doctor and the patient are aware of it. The doctor can somewhat predict, given the case history, what will happen if the patient does not follow the doctor’s advice.

On top of all that, as mentioned above, there’s no way to predict what effect Covid will have on a person and, given that people with the vaccine are getting Covid anyway, this seems like an empty gesture to me.

Forum List

Back