‘Covid Is A Miserable Way To Die’: Alabama Doctor Refuses To Treat Anyone Who Is Unvaccinated

Doesn’t matter. Why? Because with or without a vaccine, there is no guarantee that a person will contract Covid.
It's about best practices, not guarantees. Nothing is ever guaranteed in medical science. They will have to find a new doctor, now. Or get vaccinated. There is the gesture.

Exactly. But still I know this isn't why. How many doses administered? What is the benchmark you are waiting for? It does not exist. You don't have one. This is how I know this is a bullshit reason.

Bullshit. We have no idea what the long term effects might be.
No they don't. In fact, the extremely low numbers show the vaccines are very, very safe. And no, that doesn't show it wasn't fully tested, anyway..

Sorry, I disagree. If there is even one case of adverse effects, that’s enough for me.

But as I said, it’s not the only reason. When we have people like John Oliver screaming at vaccine resisters “YOU’RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM!” and celebrities are actually filming themselves getting vaccines and people like you are calling me a liar with no evidence and no knowledge of my real reasons, that just makes me dig my heels in even more.

Sorry, but I am just not inclined to go along with the mob when the mob uses mob tactics. And if I do get Covid, I won’t blame anyone else.

Which would be true then of every medication and vaccine that comes to market. So like i said, this is a bullshit reason you are hiding behind.

Sorry, I disagree. If there is even one case of adverse effects, that’s enough for me.
Well that is painfully stupid and is essentially you stating that you are irrational and no amount of evidence or reason will sway you. I already knew this was the case. Enjoy.

It's about best practices, not guarantees. Nothing is ever guaranteed in medical science. They will have to find a new doctor, now. Or get vaccinated. There is the gesture.

Since vaccinated people are getting Covid anyway and since so many cases end up being mild, I really don’t see the point.

You have a bad habit of using words that you don't understand.

And yes moron, get vaccinated and wear a mask indoors for a while. Maybe find a 9 year old to explain to you why you should.

I got vaccinated in March. However I refuse to wear a mask in situations where it is of dubious use at best, or worthless at worst.

THIS IS FAKE NEWS I TELL YOU

IT MUST BE

I'M TOLD HOSPITALS ARE EMPTY

My hospital, one of the largest in central Florida, was full of covid patients, more than 90 percent of whom were unvaccinated. We had no beds available. We had paused elective surgeries the previous week and have been trying to control the influx of patients. Our emergency department had a 12-hour wait that day.

This was an emergency, but I had no resources to help. When I started my oncology practice, and even before I became a physician, I intended to honor the principle my grandfather had set when he began practicing in the 1950s — one that our family had upheld over six decades of caring for people with cancer: Never turn away a patient, regardless of their ability to pay or other circumstances.

But I had no choice. For the first time in my career, I had to say no.

Does this mean he can refuse a patient who was seriously wounded in a car accident while drinking and driving?

1.) This argument applies to existing medical conditions such as heart disease or diabetes.

2.) The vaccine is not a preventative nor a guarantee that one will not contract Covid. Therefore, he will still have Covid patients to treat.

This is nothing more and nothing less than a political and/or moral statement and he should be ashamed of himself.
As I have said the doctor can refuse to take on patients for reason or no reason at all as long as ne does not violated state licensing laws. Some doctors refuse to take on patients with serious respiratory diseases that refuse to stop smoking. There are pediatricians that require that their patients be vaccinated. So what's the big deal about this doctor requiring vaccinations. Many doctors all over the country require vaccinations?

Vaccines are widely recognized as one of the best preventive measures against diseases. It is true that vaccines do hot guarantee that you will not catch covid or any other disease In fact, no vaccine is 100% effective They just reduce the probability of a serious infection if you become infected.

Last edited:
Bullshit. The vaccine has not been properly tested and is one of the reasons I refuse to get it. It’s not right to refuse treatment because one refuses to take a vaccine whose long term effects are not known. Or short term effects either, for that matter; people are experiencing adverse effects after getting it.

Also, the vaccine does not prevent Covid, everyone knows this. Vaxers have been telling anti-vaxers this whole time that it does not prevent one from getting Covid, that it only eases symptoms. So this doctor’s justification doesn’t hold water.

As I said in a previous post, this is nothing more than a political/moral statement.
As in previous post, there are many pediatricians that require vaccinations. Some doctors require patients to stop smoking if they wish to remain a patient.

The vaccinations have gone through months of clinical trials with tens of thousands of patients proving efficiency and safety. Add to that over 320 million doses given proving their efficiency and safety. Also the FDA has announced they expect to give full approval next week. However, I seriously doubt FDA full approval will have any effect on your beliefs. You seem to be one of those people that will only alter their opinion when told it's time to go on a ventilator as you gasp for breath and cough up your lung tissue and blood but I hope it doesn't come to that for your sake and that of your family.

Last edited:

But as I said, it’s not the only reason. When we have people like John Oliver screaming at vaccine resisters “YOU’RE THE FUCKING PROBLEM!” and celebrities are actually filming themselves getting vaccines and people like you are calling me a liar with no evidence and no knowledge of my real reasons, that just makes me dig my heels in even more.

Sorry, but I am just not inclined to go along with the mob when the mob uses mob tactics. And if I do get Covid, I won’t blame anyone else.
You will never hear of a medically confirmed long term side effect of a vaccine. Why because in over a hundred years of licensing and researching the effects of vaccines, there has not been one single confirmed case of a long term side effects of a vaccine. Discussing the long term side effects of vaccines make about as much sense as discussing the long term side effects of death.

As I have said the doctor can refuse to take on patients for reason or no reason at all as long as ne does not violated state licensing laws. Some doctors refuse to take on patients with serious respiratory diseases that refuse to stop smoking. There are pediatricians that require that their patients be vaccinated. So what's the big deal about this doctor requiring vaccinations. Many doctors all over the country require vaccinations?

Vaccines are widely recognized as one of the best preventive measures against diseases. It is true that vaccines do hot guarantee that you will not catch covid or any other disease In fact, no vaccine is 100% effective They just reduce the probability of a serious infection if you become infected.

So then, why is he refusing to treat unvaccinated if there are no guarantees?

According to the stats I’ve been able to find, the fatality rate is only about 1.7%. That means that a vast majority of the infected recover. And, having recovered, these patients now have natural antibodies.

A question that occurred to me is, if refusing patients is a doctor’s right and if it is a common practice, why did this make the news?

My view on this is that this is more a statement to the unvaccinated. The reason I say this is because we’re seeing everywhere urgings for people to get vaccinated, articles and social media memes and tweets criticizing the unvaccinated and celebrity rants in attempts to shame people into getting vaccinated.

If it wasn’t for all the hype about vaccines, I would have no doubts about the doctor’s motives.

You will never hear of a medically confirmed long term side effect of a vaccine. Why because in over a hundred years of licensing and researching the effects of vaccines, there has not been one single confirmed case of a long term side effects of a vaccine. Discussing the long term side effects of vaccines make about as much sense as discussing the long term side effects of death.

Maybe, maybe not. But this vaccine was rolled out in record time and this made my antennas twitch. It further caught my attention when people started turning it into a political and moral issue. When they started cajoling and badgering us relentlessly to GET VACCINATED!!, I instinctively drew back.

I refuse to live in fear of this disease and in fact, I’m not worried at all because I’m confident I will weather it just fine. And even if I was 100% convinced the vaccine is not dangerous, I probably still would not get it.

Forum List

Back