CPAC Event On Racial Tolerance Turns To Chaos As ‘Disenfranchised’ Whites Arrive

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Madam President 2024
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

CPAC Event On Racial Tolerance Turns To Chaos As ‘Disenfranchised’ Whites Arrive

A CPAC session sponsored by Tea Party Patriots and billed as a primer on teaching activists how to court black voters devolved into a shouting match as some attendees demanded justice for white voters and others shouted down a black woman who reacted in horror.

The session, entitled “Trump The Race Card: Are You Sick And Tired Of Being Called A Racist When You Know You’re Not One?” was led by K. Carl Smith, a black conservative who mostly urged attendees to deflect racism charges by calling themselves “Frederick Douglass Republicans.”

Disruptions began when he started accusing Democrats of still being the party of the Confederacy — a common talking point on the right.

“I don’t care how much the KKK improved,” he said. “I’m not going to join the KKK. The Democratic Party founded the KKK.”
Lines like that drew shouts of praise from some attendees and murmurs of disapproval from one non-conservative black attendee, Kim Brown, a radio host and producer with Voice of Russia, a broadcasting service of the Russian government.

But then questions and answers began. And things went off the rails.

Scott Terry of North Carolina, accompanied by a Confederate-flag-clad attendee, Matthew Heimbach, rose to say he took offense to the event’s take on slavery. (Heimbach founded the White Students Union at Towson University and is described as a “white nationalist” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)

“It seems to be that you’re reaching out to voters at the expense of young white Southern males,” Terry said, adding he “came to love my people and culture” who were “being systematically disenfranchised.”

Smith responded that Douglass forgave his slavemaster.

“For giving him shelter? And food?” Terry said.

At this point the event devolved into a mess of shouting. Organizers calmed things down by asking everyone to “take the debate outside after the presentation.”

Brown, who took offense at the suggestion modern Democrats were descendants of the KKK, tried to ask a question later once things finally calmed down. She was booed and screamed at by audience members.

“Let someone else speak!” one attendee in Revolutionary War garb shouted.

“You’re not welcome!” a white-haired older woman yelled.

Eventually she asked a question. It was about whether Republicans should call out racist ads.

Attendees interviewed by TPM afterwards expressed outrage at the way the event turned out. Not at Terry and Heimbach — they were mad at Brown.

Chad Chapman, 21, one of the few black attendees, said overall he enjoyed the event — except “there were lots of interruptions, mainly because of the woman.”

I asked whether he was concerned about the question from Terry and Heimbach.

“No they were just telling the truth,” he said. You mean you agree blacks are systematically disenfranchising whites, I asked?

“I listen to anybody’s point of view, it doesn’t really matter,” he said.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't ever change, wingnuts!

A CPAC session sponsored by Tea Party Patriots and billed as a primer on teaching activists how to court black voters devolved into a shouting match as some attendees demanded justice for white voters and others shouted down a black woman who reacted in horror.

The session, entitled “Trump The Race Card: Are You Sick And Tired Of Being Called A Racist When You Know You’re Not One?” was led by K. Carl Smith, a black conservative who mostly urged attendees to deflect racism charges by calling themselves “Frederick Douglass Republicans.”

Disruptions began when he started accusing Democrats of still being the party of the Confederacy — a common talking point on the right.

“I don’t care how much the KKK improved,” he said. “I’m not going to join the KKK. The Democratic Party founded the KKK.”
Lines like that drew shouts of praise from some attendees and murmurs of disapproval from one non-conservative black attendee, Kim Brown, a radio host and producer with Voice of Russia, a broadcasting service of the Russian government.

Scott Terry of North Carolina, accompanied by a Confederate-flag-clad attendee, Matthew Heimbach, rose to say he took offense to the event’s take on slavery. (Heimbach founded the White Students Union at Towson University and is described as a “white nationalist” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)

“It seems to be that you’re reaching out to voters at the expense of young white Southern males,” Terry said, adding he “came to love my people and culture” who were “being systematically disenfranchised.”

At this point the event devolved into a mess of shouting. Organizers calmed things down by asking everyone to “take the debate outside after the presentation.”

Brown, who took offense at the suggestion modern Democrats were descendants of the KKK, tried to ask a question later once things finally calmed down. She was booed and screamed at by audience members.

Eventually she asked a question. It was about whether Republicans should call out racist ads.

Attendees interviewed by TPM afterwards expressed outrage at the way the event turned out. Not at Terry and Heimbach — they were mad at Brown.

Chad Chapman, 21, one of the few black attendees, said overall he enjoyed the event — except “there were lots of interruptions, mainly because of the woman.”

“No they were just telling the truth,” he said. You mean you agree blacks are systematically disenfranchising whites, I asked?

This lie was debunked already please try and stay current.

Yesterday I saw some guy on Fox bring up all the crap about Democrats being the party segregation, as if that's the whole story. I rarely turn to Fox and have no idea who this man was, but he appears to work for Fox.

Funny article! :lol:

Men clad in Confederate flag gear.
Men clad in Revolutionary War gear.
Founders of the White Student's Union.
Arguing about who and when the KKK was founded.

And people wonder why young people dont want anything to do with these Tea Party clowns?

Yesterday, a CPAC breakout session on reaching out to black voters broke down in shouting and acrimony as a handful of ‘disenfranchised whites’ attacked the premise of the session (along with black complaints about slaveholders), got into a verbal fight with a black female attendee and with all that managed to unite the crowd against the black woman as the one who somehow spoiled all the fun.

More: When The GOP Told Whitey I Aint Gonna Take It No More | TPM Editors Blog

They cannot help themselves

Come again? Help yourself why don't you and read this one, Polkow! - Jeremiah

Breitbart's "Uninvited" event was standing room only. And I was overwhelmed by the rush of applause and folks who stood up when I walked into the room for the event. It was mindblowing. Pamela Hall was there so we should have video later.

I knew when I said that Suhail Khan was worse than Anwar Awlaki that the enemedia would jump all over it as a "gotcha" quote, and Salon (the hopeless Alex Seitz-Wald again) and BuzzFeed jumped right on it. Of course Khan's stealth jihad is more dangerous. Awlaki is dead. Suhail is working his treachery every day, under the guise of a "conservative" mask. Anwar al-Awlaki was a moderate Muslim before he wasn't. He was praised in the New York Times. Abdurrahman Alamoudi, a friend of Norquist and Khan, was also a moderate before he wasn't. Alamoudi was Suhail's mentor before he went to prison for terror-related crimes. Alamoudi was al-Qaeda's largest secret financial courier.

Suhail Khan is tightly linked to jihadists who want to take down this country.

Here is the background: Suhail Khan Exposed

The damage that covert jihadists do is incalculable. They have enabled Muslim Brotherhood access to the highest levels of government. They have deeply compromised our resistance to jihad. And they lull people into complacency about the jihad threat.

Alex Seitz-Wald continues to pursue his obsession with demonizing our work:

Pam Geller: CPAC board member is “worse” than Anwar al-Awlaki by Alex Seitz-Wald, Salon, March 16, 2013

Anti-Muslim activist and blogger Pam Geller said Saturday at a CPAC panel of rouge conservative activists that a board member of the group that puts on the annual conservative conference is worse than a terrorist killed by an American drone strike in Yemen.

Geller said the reason she and the other panelists — including fellow anti-Muslim activists Frank Gaffney and Robert Spencer — were barred from CPAC because of the nefarious influence of board members Grover Norquist and Suhail Khan.

Once again, Alex equates opposing jihad with being anti-Muslim. It's "anti-Muslim" to work for the freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and equality of rights for all.

The three anti-Muslim activists have for years accused Norquist and Khan of being members of the Muslim Brotherhood and secret Islamist agents, but Geller took her rhetoric against Khan, a Republican consultant and former Bush White House official, to new heights today.
“Am I saying that Suhail Khan is as bad as Awlaki? He’s worse!” she said, referring to Anwar al-Awlaki, the American citizen jihadi who was killed by a U.S. drone strike in 2011.

She added that it was a “crime” that she and the others panelists were not invited to CPAC, warning that the snub is a threat to the freedom of speech. “Free men will have to resort to violence in the absence of the freedom of speech,” she added darkly.

Spencer had his own anti-Khan tirade, encouraging activist in the room to “go find him and take your picture with him.”

Gaffney called Khan a “prince of the Muslim Brotherhood.”

Gaffney was disinvited from CPAC several years ago and the entire board of the American Conservative Union, which organizes CPAC, passed a unanimous resolution condemning Gaffney’s baseless attacks on Khan and Norquist. Geller said she was disinvited this year.

And get this from Grover Norquist at the end of this BuzzFeed story about my being banned from CPAC:

Pamela Gellar [sic]: CPAC's Muslim Board Member Is 'Worse Than Al-Awlaki' by Evan McMorris-Santoro, BuzzFeed, March 16, 2013

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — A prominent conservative activist Saturday accused of Muslim conservative of waging a "stealth Jihad" against the movement, warning his position as a board member of the influential American Conservative Union is more dangerous than the American-born al Qaeda leader killed in a US drone strike.

"Am I saying that Suhail Kahn is as bad as [Anwar] Al-Alwaki? He's worse," conservative blogger Pam Geller said at a CPAC panel. ACU puts on the annual gathering of conservatives.

"Listen to me. He's worse because look what he's done to this conference. Look at the influence that they have had on this conference...It's Stealth Jihad."

The panel, sponsored by Breitbart.com, was called "The Uninvited" because Geller and other speakers who warned against Kahn were not invited to speak at official CPAC events. At previous CPACs, Gellar [sic] and others have offered similar attacks on Khan, warning that he and fellow ACU board member Grover Norquist are aiding the Muslim Brotherhood.

Norquist brushed aside those attacks Saturday.

"You can't get worked up about it, because they're not important enough to dislike," Norquist said. "But it's sad ... none of those people are part of the modern conservative movement. They never have been."

Norquist declined to refer to Geller by name.

"There are always people who try and poach on CPAC and I guess the woman from New York has several times that she was being banned or something," he said. "And everyone's going, 'what? we don't know who she is. We didn't know that she's banned.'"

"The woman from New York." That's a fancy way of saying "the Jew."
"We didn't know that she's banned." "We didn't know"? Al Cardenas said this last week in the Washington Post:
Also, this year we decided not to invite Pamela Geller for comments she made at CPAC critical of our officers. In each of these cases, their ad hominem attacks denigrate the debate and distract from the real point of CPAC.....

Norquist's statement "we didn't know that she's banned" is a bold-faced lie. Not only is Grover lying, but proof is that Al Cardenas was so concerned about the consequences of banning me that he asked me for a meeting. And we met earlier today.
Jim Hoft has video at Gateway Pundit.
UPDATE: Donald Douglas observed here: "The depraved progs, including Evan McMorris-Santoro, were tracking down Pamela like a pack of hyenas."

This lie was debunked already please try and stay current.
What lie?

oh boy...stop the friggen presses a bunch of left wing sites is making up crap again

oh boy...stop the friggen presses a bunch of left wing sites is making up crap again

Is there proof that it was made up? Even if it was made up, the fact that nobody is surprised says alot about how people view the GOP and racism.

Is there proof that it was made up? Even if it was made up, the fact that nobody is surprised says alot about how people view the GOP and racism.

And no one is surprised about the fact the liberals, the Democrat party ARE RACIST...We've seen it here on this board black Republicans being called, uncle toms....
But you people have no problems with that...shows you for the hypocrites you all are
This story has already been debunked, do a search

Last edited:

Oh, now now, Stephanie. You KNOW we went through this in that other thread. So, if you insist on coming into this one and making the same allegation that "left wing sites" are "making up crap again," I guess I'll have to repost here what I found out about the guy at the center of this controversy:

Ok. Let's forget Little Green Footballs and go directly to Scott Terry's website, "Shotgun Barrel Straight." Here's the link:

Shotgun Barrel Straight | Truth, Justice and Southern Fire

On his site, he has these things to say:

"…The GOP wants to continue its war against unique culture / ethnic / racial distinctions. *The GOP wants us all to blend together into a mocha-colored, capitalist utopia!…"

"….All peoples, all races, can benefit from having their unique distinctions respected, preserved, and honored!…" (He's basically promoting "separate but equal" here.)

He also suggests we familiarize ourselves with the three step "Sailer Strategy to Save America." Those three steps are:

First: the voters most likely to vote Republican are whites who are married with children. So you want your base to thrive.

Second: since the GOP is inevitably the white party, you want marginally white people from places like Latin America and South Asia to identify as white.

Third: you want to import fewer people who are likely to vote against your party.

Farther down, he's got this to say to his readers:

"….If you consider yourself a racially self-conscious Christian, especially if you consider yourself a Kinist – you’re welcome to take a second (if you’re willing) and look at the following poll…."

Know what a Kinist is? It's a follower of the philosophy of Kinism. What's Kinism, you may well ask? Well...let me help you with that:

"...We believe that our White people have a God-given right and duty to seek their own prosperity and existence as a distinct nation. This is primarily to be achieved by converting our people to the religion of our only Savior, Jesus Christ. Therefore, we denounce the sin of miscegenation as a violation of God’s created order which has permanent consequences for every heritable trait. We appeal to God’s creation mandate of kind after kind. It is the obligation of both church and state to forbid mixed unions according to biblical laws prohibiting unequal yoking..."

Principles of Kinism - Spirit/Water/Blood

That's enough from this screwballs website. You can explore the rest on your own.

NOW....would somebody like to once again try to convince us the "liberal media" misidentified this guy as a racist?

...while he certainly associated with the Republican Party a hundred and fifty years ago, we cannot for the life of us find the part of his biography where the great orator endorsed some of the fetish objects of modern conservative thought like states’ rights (a trope the South still uses to obfuscate the real cause of the Civil War) and unregulated capitalism. We’re also pretty sure that, seeing as how one of the great causes of his life was suffrage for African-Americans and women, he would not have liked all those anti-voter-fraud laws Republicans were pushing through before last fall’s election that mostly disenfranchised the minority voters who tend to vote for Democrats. Would Frederick Douglass have been okay with 102-year-old African-American woman Desiline Victor having to make multiple trips to her polling place and standing in line in Florida for over three hours to cast a vote?

Douglass also fought hard for integration of schools because educational facilities for African-American children were so vastly inferior. Would he have been happy to see modern-day Republicans pushing to defund our education system when so many inner-city schools are still vastly inferior to the schools in more affluent (white) suburbs, thanks in large part to already unequal funding? We’re betting no. We’re also betting he would not have loved school vouchers, as his point was that all schools should be equally able to educate children, not that all poor, inner-city kids should equally have the opportunity to ride public transportation for four hours a day to go to schools far from their own families and communities. <headdesk>

Realistically, FD Republicans, there is no way to know what Frederick Douglass would think of today’s world because he is fucking dead. That is the nice thing about appropriating a dead guy’s image as a symbol for your own movement: he is not around to tell you that you are a giant jag-off.

Frederick Douglass Republicans Wrong About Frederick Douglass, Everything Else

Forum List

Back