CPAC: Speaker pledges end of American democracy to wild applause.

Conservative activist Jack Posobiec joyfully hailed the “end of democracy” at the Conservative Political Action Conference, further emphasizing Republicans’ apparent desire to completely overthrow America as we know it.

Now MAGA are not even hiding their contempt for our democratic institutions.

As Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

Note: I know one of the first posts from a MAGA will be we are not a democracy. Yes, that is the exact sentiment I would expect from someone who doesn't care if our democratic institutions are eliminated.

This is a very sad commentary on the complete ruination of conservative thought.

There are only two democratic institutions in the federal government, the courts which includes the Supreme Court and Appellate Courts, where a majority prevails. Then you have congress, which consist of elected representatives from the respective States, where bills are passed by a majority vote. There's nothing democratic about the Executive Branch or it's numerous bureaucracies, aka the permanent government. All of the bureaucracies need to be downsized and many need to be destroyed.

It means we have democratic institutions that operate through democratic processes.
I've noticed that we're seeing that argument more and more. Your definition is what people mean by "democracy", and these people know it. Instead, they are literally trying to downplay the importance of the will of the people.

I guess it's all coming out now. These people -- the same folks who scream that the Dems want a one-party state and that such a thing can't happen -- are going for exactly that. Control by a strict authoritarian ideological minority.

As I always say, the world has seen this before. And now we've reached a point at which they feel it's time to go public with it.

Last edited:
Interesting. Colorado, by kicking Trump off the ballot attacked Democracy according to the right. But Democracy needs to do and we will bury it. According to the right. Is there a single solitary issue where the RW is not hypocritical as fuck?

Conservative activist Jack Posobiec joyfully hailed the “end of democracy” at the Conservative Political Action Conference, further emphasizing Republicans’ apparent desire to completely overthrow America as we know it.

Now MAGA are not even hiding their contempt for our democratic institutions.

As Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

Note: I know one of the first posts from a MAGA will be we are not a democracy. Yes, that is the exact sentiment I would expect from someone who doesn't care if our democratic institutions are eliminated.

This is a very sad commentary on the complete ruination of conservative thought.
Why do you want to live in a country that is dominated by mob rule??? Our America has a Constitution & BoR that guarantees your Liberties. In a democracy your Liberties can be eradicated through majority vote. Unless you don't care for your guaranteed rights & Liberties but would rather have someone else manage your life or death for you is the only logical answer to wanting a democracy.

Some of us on the Right (not MAGA/Trumpist) don’t want a Democrscy or a Republic.

I’ve long stated my desire for a Conservative Fascist Authoritarian form of Government.

Why do you want to live in a country that is dominated by mob rule??? Our America has a Constitution & BoR that guarantees your Liberties. In a democracy your Liberties can be eradicated through majority vote. Unless you don't care for your guaranteed rights & Liberties but would rather have someone else manage your life or death for you is the only logical answer to wanting a democracy.
So fucking dumb.
In the real world a vote is required to “eradicate liberties”. That’s exactly why it would never happen. There will never be consensus to do so.
In your desired world, your appointed representatives need not consult you before taking them. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back