Crazy Vegan Mother

Some vegans are fat like some cows are fat. Carbs pack the blubber on if they come in faster than you burn them off. Babies, or anyone growing need lots of protein, since that's what's mostly in demand. Getting a complete protein is possible with veggies but requires some knowledge and discipline.

Well then she must NEVER get off her fat arse because she is quite large for someone who claims to be a vegan. Never have I personally seen a fat vegan or vegetarian for that matter. Most of them are quite thin.

if she eats a ton of flour products that can make her fat. it all turns to sugar. same with white rice

I get that, but really how much do you have to be eating to be so heavy? I suppose (like you mentioned) a lot of bread and also junk food might do it, but so many foods contain eggs and other dairy products, you would think that the junk food option would be very limited.

She is a Seventh Day Adventist. That explains everything. Well, she has Zimmerman's attorney.
It explains nothing. Not all Adventists are vegans.

Actually, it explains everything because her actions were motivated by her religious beliefs.
Adventists promote vegetarianism, that's not quite the same as vegans. They allow eggs and dairy products. She's taken her personal beliefs to another level, like most or all vegans.

I've written in the past about having adventist friends who were vegetarian and yes, I am familiar with their beliefs.

Like I said, her religion is germane everything because her actions were motivated by her religious beliefs.

Some of you wanted to make this a rant on veganism and you got your legs cut off at the knees when you learned that she was motivated by her being a religious nutter. Just deal with it.

This incident happened some months ago. I would be interested in seeing how it played out in a courtroom.

Oh stifle it. I posted it because it was an interesting story about someone who is making her baby suffer over her stupid beliefs. Get over yourself.

Some vegans are fat like some cows are fat. Carbs pack the blubber on if they come in faster than you burn them off. Babies, or anyone growing need lots of protein, since that's what's mostly in demand. Getting a complete protein is possible with veggies but requires some knowledge and discipline.

Well then she must NEVER get off her fat arse because she is quite large for someone who claims to be a vegan. Never have I personally seen a fat vegan or vegetarian for that matter. Most of them are quite thin.

if she eats a ton of flour products that can make her fat. it all turns to sugar. same with white rice

I get that, but really how much do you have to be eating to be so heavy? I suppose (like you mentioned) a lot of bread and also junk food might do it, but so many foods contain eggs and other dairy products, you would think that the junk food option would be very limited.

Pasta? who knows, but I agree tha Veganism is not a healthy choice for a lot of people. US wheat products are not as healthful as they once were due to growing practices, milling practices and additives.

The Truth About Potassium Bromate Bromated Flour

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/BREAD.htm

She is a Seventh Day Adventist. That explains everything. Well, she has Zimmerman's attorney.

Actually, it explains everything because her actions were motivated by her religious beliefs.
Adventists promote vegetarianism, that's not quite the same as vegans. They allow eggs and dairy products. She's taken her personal beliefs to another level, like most or all vegans.

I've written in the past about having adventist friends who were vegetarian and yes, I am familiar with their beliefs.

Like I said, her religion is germane everything because her actions were motivated by her religious beliefs.

Some of you wanted to make this a rant on veganism and you got your legs cut off at the knees when you learned that she was motivated by her being a religious nutter. Just deal with it.

This incident happened some months ago. I would be interested in seeing how it played out in a courtroom.

Oh stifle it. I posted it because it was an interesting story about someone who is making her baby suffer over her stupid beliefs. Get over yourself.

Yes and veganism makes them crazy too :) they miss some of those amino acids from meat. I think another factor lies in blood type diet and race to some extent. as some groups of people have adapted to particulatr diets over time. some people need to eat meat and others might be able to do the Vegan diet,
but all people are not the same.

I agree its an interesting story and for the same reasons - she is making her baby suffer for her beliefs.

Fact is, there are religions who believe in praying instead of medicine or nutrition and, from the news stories, it appears agrees with that.

Yes and veganism makes them crazy too :) they miss some of those amino acids from meat. I think another factor lies in blood type diet and race to some extent. as some groups of people have adapted to particulatr diets over time. some people need to eat meat and others might be able to do the Vegan diet,

Do a little research. Vegans and vegetarians get both essential and non-essential amino acids from the same place meat eaters do.

Also, someone above mentioned food combining for complete proteins. That myth has been disproved.

Thanks! Finally someone gets the point. Not to mention, her insistence upon breastfeeding is not being adherent to veganism, since breast milk would be considered an animal product! Maybe she is just too stupid to be mother?

I'm not an animal. :rolleyes-41:

Thanks! Finally someone gets the point. Not to mention, her insistence upon breastfeeding is not being adherent to veganism, since breast milk would be considered an animal product! Maybe she is just too stupid to be mother?

There is nothing wrong with being an animal at all. In fact, sometimes it's preferable. :D

Do a little research. Vegans and vegetarians get both essential and non-essential amino acids from the same place meat eaters do.

Also, someone above mentioned food combining for complete proteins. That myth has been disproved.

I think they are kind of crazy, to be honest, and a lot of times quite extreme in their beliefs, no less so than some religious people.

Last edited:
Umm, has anyone realized that since she is feeding her child milk from a human being (herself, being an animal), that it is quite contradictory? If she wanted to remain true to her vegan beliefs, she would be feeding that child SOY formula. They make that for babies who are lactose intolerant.

She was feeding it soy, I suppose.

Casselberry mom refused to take child to hospital over vegan beliefs News - Home

Markham said she purchased organic soy formula, and when asked if she confirmed with a doctor if it was safe for a newborn, she said that if Whole Foods Market sells it then the formula doesn't contain any animal parts and, therefore, must be safe, according to police.

Last edited:
Umm, has anyone realized that since she is feeding her child milk from a human being (herself, being an animal), that it is quite contradictory? If she wanted to remain true to her vegan beliefs, she would be feeding that child SOY formula. They make that for babies who are lactose intolerant.

Vegan Florida mom charged with neglect with refusing formula for sick newborn - NY Daily News

Markham claimed a holistic doctor had prescribed the soy formula, but she had no note or description of the doctor, the station reported.

But it also says this . . .

" . . . But Markham instead went home and bought organic soy formula, a concoction she preferred over what the pediatrician prescribed because it may have contained animal by-products. . . "

She's just a nut, who thinks she knows better than her doctor, and it's good that the child was taken from her because she probably would have killed it eventually.

QuickHitCurepon

Sure you are.

If you live on planet earth, you have three choices: You're either animal, vegetable or mineral.

Unless you're broccoli or driveway gravel, you are animal.

Humans are animals.

Vegan Florida mom charged with neglect with refusing formula for sick newborn - NY Daily News

Markham claimed a holistic doctor had prescribed the soy formula, but she had no note or description of the doctor, the station reported.

" . . . But Markham instead went home and bought organic soy formula, a concoction she preferred over what the pediatrician prescribed because it may have contained animal by-products. . . "

She's just a nut, who thinks she knows better than her doctor, and it's good that the child was taken from her because she probably would have killed it eventually.

I have never had children, so I do not know, but what is wrong with organic soy formula?

From what I gather this kid is still breast feeding.

So if she only wants to feed her kid with breast milk isn't that her choice?

Besides I thought that breast feeding is the better way isn't that the meme these days?
It is better if the mother is well nourished.

My vegan niece is a fatass, and nursed her kid.

The kid has never had a bite of any food from "the poor animals".

Not cow's milk, cheese or eggs.

The kid is autistic.
Correlation is not causation

I have never had children, so I do not know, but what is wrong with organic soy formula?

Mostly the fact that its a manmade concoction, just because they put organic on lables doesnt makek them good. It helps them to sell it .
Babies should have milk, actually its pretty well known that goats milk is the closest thing to human mothers milk for babies. Much more easily assimilated
than Cows milk. I grew up drinking raw milk, the kind you have to shake up to get the cream all mixed in. thats what people drank for thousands of years.

Why Soy Formula even Organic is So Dangerous

Human beings are omnivores, our teeth are the proof and the fact that we digest meat and plant matter just fine. One's belief system doesn't change it.

Where you going to get your B12 from? Hey, a balance is required. Not everyone is meant to be a Vegan. While there are benefits, over time problems may develop. A lot of problems with meat eaters, is that they eat to much, Over cook and fry their food, making it hard for the body to break down the protiens, also using un-healthful cooking oils, coconut or olive would be the only things I would use. Also meat can be steamed or stewed.
If eaten in moderation, and by lightly cooking your meat it can be very good for you. eat some in moderation ... especialy kids they are growing.

Plant fiber can be very hard for some people to break down, especialy if they are on a raw vegetable diet. Even though the nutrients are fantastic, you haver to deal with pesticides, and again, some peoples digestive systems cant handle that over time.

5 Brain Nutrients Found Only in Meat Fish and Eggs NOT Plants

Human beings are omnivores, our teeth are the proof and the fact that we digest meat and plant matter just fine. One's belief system doesn't change it.

Its Ok Ice Weasle,..... them vegans will just end up with smaller brains from their deficiencies! Im also looking into the possible link between small Vegan
Brain size and the urge to drive Smart Cars. :)

Forum List

Back