Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never discuss molecular biology. I have taken you to task on several occasions for copying and pasting falsified "quotes" and manufactured data from fundie Christian creationist ministries.

The only thing that can help you out of your position of denialHollie is to study everything about a cell.Then ask yourself how could all these parts of a cell come together at once to form the first cell. The first cell then had to form other cells just like the first.
did it ever occur to you that there was never "one" first cell.
it's almost as lame a concept as your "what system or body part developed first" nonsense.
nature does no do "one offs" there is not only one kind of one celled lifeforms.
there are billions... Published online 4 September 2009 | Nature | doi:10.1038/news.2009.880

News

Cells go fractal
Mathematical patterns rule the behaviour of molecules in the nucleus.

Claire Ainsworth

A cell displays chromatin (green) and a molecule used for tracking (red).
J. ELLENBERGThe maths behind the rugged beauty of a coastline may help to keep cell biology in order, say researchers in Germany. Fractals — rough shapes that look the same at all scales — could explain how the cell's nucleus holds molecules that manage our DNA in the right location.

In new experiments, Sebastien Huet and Aurélien Bancaud of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, tracked the movement of molecules within cells in a lab dish, then compared the pattern of movement against mathematical models. Large molecules, they found, moved according to the same rules as small molecules — suggesting that their environment was truly fractal. The team reported their findings this week at the EMBO meeting in Amsterdam.

Cells go fractal : Nature News

as to coming together (or assembly) if you studied biology you'd know that cells or any other living thing grows it's mechanisms from the same material,not desparate parts from different material.

http://www.fractal.org/Life-Science-Technology/Fractal-like-structure.pdf

You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer. Can you imagine the probability of multiple cells forming at once,it's hard enough to think of just one cell forming completely on it's own and now you want to make even harder to believe.

You're a funny guy Daws.

6600 posts, and this issue has no common agreement?

Why waste your time?

:lmao:

I've been in these type of debates before and it's possible for the topic to lead to stimulating conversation... except when the evangelicals and Harun Yahya groupies are present.

First, to have a stimulating conversation you have to be able to be taught and have some kind of scientific background to have this discussion.

Both you and Daws have a problem accepting the views of authorities on this issue that are very educated people on your side that admit they have no clue how life could have started spontaneously completely on it's own.

Last edited:

Why waste your time?

I've been in these type of debates before and it's possible for the topic to lead to stimulating conversation... except when the evangelicals and Harun Yahya groupies are present.

First, to have a stimulating conversation you have to be able to be taught and have some kind of scientific background to have this discussion.

Both you and Daws have a problem accepting the views of authorities on this issue that are very educated people on your side that admit they have no clue how life could have started spontaneously completely on it's own.

To answer an important aspect for all readers: No one says that science has every answer. There are disagreements as to exact mechanisms and measurements. This is perfectly fine and happens in all the sciences. Some of the more excitable creationists like to portray this as some sort of weakness to the naive, but it's really the strength of science: Eliminate the ideas that are proven or provable and make the mechanisms withstand all criticism. That is how we get to knowledge.

What is truly comical are comments that suggest we must get educated with a science background to even engage in these discussions. This coming from a fundie creationist who reviles science and embraces supernaturalism as the mechanism of education.
So how does anyone get an education in the supernatural to be able to engage in a debate on that topic?

The answer to the above is simple for the fundie – Harun Yahya has the answers.Anyone who has ever weed-whacked through the landscape of creationist invention has probably come across the blathering of "Harun Yahya" (whose real name is Adnan Oktar). Oktar is a failed college student who never studied science and eventually dropped out of college. This would account in large part for the staggering incompetence displayed in the "science" that he hopes to feed to the gullible and the ignorant..

Last edited:
The only thing that can help you out of your position of denialHollie is to study everything about a cell.Then ask yourself how could all these parts of a cell come together at once to form the first cell. The first cell then had to form other cells just like the first.
it's almost as lame a concept as your "what system or body part developed first" nonsense.
nature does no do "one offs" there is not only one kind of one celled lifeforms.
there are billions... Published online 4 September 2009 | Nature | doi:10.1038/news.2009.880

News

Cells go fractal

Claire Ainsworth

J. ELLENBERGThe maths behind the rugged beauty of a coastline may help to keep cell biology in order, say researchers in Germany. Fractals — rough shapes that look the same at all scales — could explain how the cell's nucleus holds molecules that manage our DNA in the right location.

In new experiments, Sebastien Huet and Aurélien Bancaud of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, tracked the movement of molecules within cells in a lab dish, then compared the pattern of movement against mathematical models. Large molecules, they found, moved according to the same rules as small molecules — suggesting that their environment was truly fractal. The team reported their findings this week at the EMBO meeting in Amsterdam.

as to coming together (or assembly) if you studied biology you'd know that cells or any other living thing grows it's mechanisms from the same material,not desparate parts from different material.

You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer. Can you imagine the probability of multiple cells forming at once,it's hard enough to think of just one cell forming completely on it's own and now you want to make even harder to believe.

You're a funny guy Daws.

What supernatural, supermagical "designer" are you referring to?

You make claims to a supernatural, supermagical "designer" which are totally unsupported and only believed by one segment of one religious belief.

Supernaturalism and "magic'alism" are not part of science. You just look foolish and discredit your argument with meaningless claims that a surpernatural, supermagical agent has "designed" something yet you steadfastly refuse to provide any support for your claims to a "designer" except with "because I say so".

Regarding your "because I say so" comment. I didn't say it but thousands of theologians for the last 3000 or 4000 years have said it. It is part of our doctrine on God and the Bible clearly teaches this. You are presenting an argument against someone or something you say does not exist. That is REAL intelligent. But at least if you are going to punch at the air, you should argue against the commonly held beliefs of the Christians you hate some much instead of building up a strawman you can tear down.

Please re-present your argument with the commonly held Christian beliefs that God has always existed and will always exist. And that he is outside the Creation (Theism) and exists outside of time, matter, space, and energy, all of which did not exist before the Big Bangenstein.
SO SINCE 1000S OF ASHOLES SAY SOMTHING IS TRUE FOR ALONG TIME IT MUST TRUE (PLACE IRONY HERE )

"the commonly held Christian beliefs that God has always existed and will always "UR

e·lief noun \bə-ˈlēf\
Definition of BELIEF
1: a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
2: something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
3: conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence.
SINCE YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO BOLSTER YOUR BELIEF.
ALL YOU HAVE IS FAITH :firm belief in something for which there is no proof 3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
if you had any acual proof then there would be no need for faith.

You are smoking crack if you think it doesn't take faith to believe in the TOE, or that the micro machines we see in the cell accidentally self assembled.

It may be a matter of induction to say that a natural process is likely as an explanation for something simply because we see natural explanations for most or all other things in existence, but that is not faith, as it is for you, in asserting a supernatural being for which there is zero evidence, based on a book who's only claim to truth is that it proclaims itself to be true. The truth value of these two propositions is worlds apart. First, I want to make this distinction. We may have little to no evidence of abiogenesis, and probably never will. By its nature, we should expect to find none, and it would be truly amazing if we ever did. But, why would we insert a deity to fill in this gap? There is zero evidence anywhere in the natural world of a god existing in a way that is apparent, let alone reliable. So, using inductive reasoning, a diety should not be considered as an explanation, just because little to no evidence of abiogensis is available. Do we have 'faith' that natural process caused abiogenesis? For me? I might concede yes, to some degree, but as I said, the disparity of the propositions is quite large between this and supernatural causation, and I don't consider that amount of faith to be anywhere near the same. The faith required for something supernatural that lacks any evidence is much larger that than of something natural that lacks any evidence, necessarily. I believe it is basic inductive reasoning that allows this statement, given that everything in this natural universe is, by definition, natural, and assumable as having a natural "cause." Therefore, it is entirely reasonable to apply this to abiogenesis as well. Three thousand years ago, dieties were thought to explain almost %100 of the natural world. Now, that percentage is down to only a few "Gaps." There is no reason to assume that these gaps is where god actually operates, but only where, evidence is currently lacking.

Last edited:

Why waste your time?

Because its fun, and more stimulating than discussing last weeks episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Besides, It' not like on any other thread on this entire website, is there any agreement between the two sides on any issue, ever, so it is no different.

So, using inductive reasoning, a diety should not be considered as an explanation, just because little to no evidence of abiogensis is available.

It depends on what your definition of diety is. As I have presented the argument before, using Lyell and Darwin's method, we can more logical deduce that an intelligent agent is the BEST EXPLANATION for the digital code in DNA, not some random force no one has ever seen in action in the modern world, nor has any evidence for. Until Materialist come up with evidence that functioning machine code randomly generates [without intelligent input!!!], our current, best, and most logical explanation is that it had an intelligent source. If you want to turn the scientific argument into a philosophical one, then by all means label that agent a "diety".

And the intelligent source acted post Big Bang. Some Materialists have suggested Panspermia. But that gets back to the "Turtles all the way down" argument of who made the Aliens? The only way that paradox is solved is by an Intelligent Agent who exists outside of Creation.

So, using inductive reasoning, a diety should not be considered as an explanation, just because little to no evidence of abiogensis is available.

It depends on what your definition of diety is. As I have presented the argument before, using Lyell and Darwin's method, we can more logical deduce that an intelligent agent is the BEST EXPLANATION for the digital code in DNA, not some random force no one has ever seen in action in the modern world, nor has any evidence for. Until Materialist come up with evidence that functioning machine code randomly generates [without intelligent input!!!], our current, best, and most logical explanation is that it had an intelligent source. If you want to turn the scientific argument into a philosophical one, then by all means label that agent a "diety".

And the intelligent source acted post Big Bang. Some Materialists have suggested Panspermia. But that gets back to the "Turtles all the way down" argument of who made the Aliens? The only way that paradox is solved is by an Intelligent Agent who exists outside of Creation.

It makes no sense to propose that supernaturalism is the cause of anything. That doesn't resolve s paradox but creates an entire wealth of paradoxes.

A supernatural, supermagical "designer" is not an answer but a hopeless acceptance that the universe is unknowable.

I think you may be misrepresenting the Big Bang theory. The physics of the Big Bang does not say the universe originated at a specific point. Otherwise, we could calculate the space geographic location of the original bang point. Space is expanding in all directions. The background radiation is located at every point in the sky. In fact, scientists scoffed at Christians for their belief the earth is at the center of the solar system. Turns out, the earth is at the center of the universe after all!!! Because everything is expanding away from our planet and the further an object is away from us, the faster it is accelerating away. Pick a point in the sky. This is happening equally in all directions from us. So let's really see how up on your BB Physics you are. Answer this question: Is our earth at the original singularity point of the initial bang? Or is something else going on?
so Copernicus was wrong? :lol::lol:

Is your name Hollie? Emoticons won't hide your ignorance of modern physics. You were lucky you even spelled singularity right.
answer the question! were Copernicus and Galileo wrong?
what you've quoted is not physics modern or ancient it's a willful misrepresentation of fact

let's take your lie apart:
1. the universe has no center or no edge, there is no way the the earth would be that center when none exists
2. our solar system including the earth is on the edge of a outer spiral arm of our Galaxy (the milky way) not even close to the center of it!
3.all planets in our solar system orbit the sun. making the sun the center of our solar system ,not the earth
4.expansion is happening everywhere all the time.
the way we know this is not from background radiation which remains constant, (not varying or moving ) that in itself makes it a useless tool to gage expansion.
the thing you are failing to describe is called red shift /blue shift.
red shift is visible light signature that stars give off when moving away from a giving point blue shift is the visible light signature given off when stars are moving toward a given point.
since the universe has no center and no edge the effect would be the same everywhere not just from an earth bound pov.
as always you've got it laughable wrong!

When I was in church today I was thinking about the people I interact with here in this forum and started realizing how hopeless atheism really is. The pastor talked about how they had buried his baby sister, who only lived 40 days, when he was just 10. He then talked about an old hymn called "It is well."

This hymn was written after several traumatic events in Spafford’s life. The first was the death of his only son in 1871 at the age of four, shortly followed by the great Chicago Fire which ruined him financially (he had been a successful lawyer). Then in 1873, he had planned to travel to Europe with his family on the SS Ville du Havre, but sent the family ahead while he was delayed on business concerning zoning problems following the Great Chicago Fire. While crossing the Atlantic, the ship sank rapidly after a collision with a sea vessel, the Loch Earn, and all four of Spafford's daughters died. His wife Anna survived and sent him the now famous telegram, "Saved alone . . .". Shortly afterwards, as Spafford traveled to meet his grieving wife, he was inspired to write these words as his ship passed near where his daughters had died.

A few of the lyrics:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

I was thinking about my mom today too. Her birthday would have been two days ago. She struggled with Alzheimers for 10 years to the point she was bed ridden and couldn't even feed herself. She passed away 3 years ago and I was able to spend the last few days with her by her bed until Friday morning at 5 am when she took her last breath and finally rested.

Her death sent me into a year long mid life crisis. I will define a mid life crisis as the full HEART realization that life isn't forever. You see, we all have the HEAD knowledge that life is finite, but most of us can spend our entire life without the FULL HEART realization that there will be an end. As a cop for 10-years I had seen many people die, young and old. I'd seen the aftermath of a young man who ended the desparation with a 30/30 rifle inserted into his mouth. What a mess. I had seen the drug addict, who out of consideration of the people who would find her, had slit her wrist in the bath tub of a flea bag hotel on Apache Blvd. These were tragedies, but they weren't real to me. They were just strangers, unfortunate casualties of the desperate times we live in. With my mother's death, death became really real, and I began to question some aspects of my faith. Then I wound up going through a 12-week series called the Truth Project. I wound up becoming very interested in the ID movement, and on that path, had my faith restored. I look at world around me in a whole new light.

I relate this little story because after my mother's death, I really questioned what was really the point of this whole mess. My mother had a very hard child hood, belonging to a very poor family of farmers in Boaz, Alabama. Her mom and dad were alcoholics. Somehow she and my straight laced "Bible-thumping" dad fell in love and got married. I know she enjoyed her adult life, raised three kids, and had many very close friends in our church, only to be SLOWLY robbed of all her life and memories which started at age 63 by a very cruel disease.

I remember one night close to the end when I was getting ready to come back to Phoenix after visiting her in the hospital. It was late and I had taken my dad home to get some rest and stopped back into the hospital before making the 100 mile drive home. There was a male nurse trying to clean her up after she had a messed herself. The disease had progressed to where she no longer had control of her bowels. She was so scared and really didn't know what was happening to her. She was trembling and didn't understand what this strange man was doing to her. I could just see the terror in her eyes and all I could do was just hold her hand and tell her it was going to be okay. I hope she found comfort in my voice, even though consciously she no longer even knew who I was.

For some of you, during times of suffering, the question becomes "How could God let this happen?" For me it was just the opposite. I questioned, "How can I make sense of all this in the absence of God?" If God isn't real, what a cruel joke life is. What cruel chance is our presence here.

What a joy it is to have my faith in Christ restored. I know that I am just a pilgrim on a journey through this life but this isn't all there is. My hope remains in Christ, even in death. I know deep in my heart I will see my mother again, with her memories fully restored. You may think I believe in a fairy tell. But for me that confidence is unwavering.

I just can't even imagine how hopeless life would be without that hope. Natural Selection is cruel. Why do some get to live to 100 but others die before the age of two months. Why are some lives even ended before their tiny lungs ever even fill with air?

And what of your loved ones who have died? They were just here a little while and now done forever. Only their memory remains in you and with your demise, those too will be gone and it will be like their life never even happened.

But for me, no matter what comes my way, it is well with my soul.
yawn! another fucking stupid conversion story .

Another poor soul in denial of the certainty of his own demise. Life is fatal.
your answer is dumbfuckery at it's finest.
so if I know i'm going to take the big dirt nap (everyone know they will die some day, even kids) how does that put me in denial ?

"Life is fatal" UR.. WOW CAPT. OBVIOUS !:clap2::clap2:

News

Cells go fractal

Claire Ainsworth

You're a funny guy Daws.

"You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer."YWC
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS A LIE
nowhere is my post is a designer alleged, inferred,only a halfwit with a tenuous grip on reality and a hard on for his own myths would attempt to insert a false premise in to a post to cover his own lack of working Grey matter.

BTW, THIS IS THE only THING YOU GOT RIGHT:"it's hard enough to think"YWC

nuffsaid.!!

Why waste your time?

you have a problem understanding the authorities in any scientific discipline are not always correct.
and unlike your myth makers they welcome a challenge to the evidence to keep it up to date and learn something new.

what you truly fail on is the concept that in science it not just acceptable "not to have a clue" (misnomer) but necessary.
unlike yourselves who believe they have all the answers,when in reality you have no proof.

yawn! another fucking stupid conversion story .

your answer is dumbfuckery at it's finest.
so if I know i'm going to take the big dirt nap (everyone know they will die some day, even kids) how does that put me in denial ?

"Life is fatal" UR.. WOW CAPT. OBVIOUS !:clap2::clap2:

Because its just head knowledge for you. Wow Capt. "it went right over my head", my "life is fatal" comment was meant to be a play on words.

Last edited:
so Copernicus was wrong? :lol::lol:

Is your name Hollie? Emoticons won't hide your ignorance of modern physics. You were lucky you even spelled singularity right.
answer the question! were Copernicus and Galileo wrong?
what you've quoted is not physics modern or ancient it's a willful misrepresentation of fact

let's take your lie apart:
1. the universe has no center or no edge, there is no way the the earth would be that center when none exists
2. our solar system including the earth is on the edge of a outer spiral arm of our Galaxy (the milky way) not even close to the center of it!
3.all planets in our solar system orbit the sun. making the sun the center of our solar system ,not the earth
4.expansion is happening everywhere all the time.
the way we know this is not from background radiation which remains constant, (not varying or moving ) that in itself makes it a useless tool to gage expansion.
the thing you are failing to describe is called red shift /blue shift.
red shift is visible light signature that stars give off when moving away from a giving point blue shift is the visible light signature given off when stars are moving toward a given point.
since the universe has no center and no edge the effect would be the same everywhere not just from an earth bound pov.
as always you've got it laughable wrong!

Daws, I said I was going to try and avoid putdowns so I will just ask you the question. You do realize the cosmology website I put up isn't a "creationist" website and represents the absolute latest thinking on physics? I'm guessing you didn't, because your answer seems to infer I was saying something I wasn't. It's not my lie and some of the points you made support the current thinking, although you show you can regurgitate facts without a real understanding of what you are cut and pasting.

For the record, I NEVER said the earth was the center of the solar system. So nice waste of time building up a strawman of things I did not claim. Your prejudice lense is flaring up again. What I said was, from our vantage point on the earth, every large body of matter appears to be moving away from us in every direction, so absent of the physics link I provided for you, it would appear that the earth was the physical location of the big bang, or the proverbial "center of the universe". Had you actually not automatically ASSumed the link was creationist, you would have noted I am not claiming a specific center, like you did. Your original post showed an incorrect line of thinking that the Big Bang occurred at a specific point in the universe. You totally misrepresented what Singularity really is saying. You must have missed these questions for you: "Is our earth at the original singularity point of the initial bang? Or is something else going on?" The answer is that the earth only appears to be at the center of the universe when viewing large collections of matter like galaxies, because everything is moving away from us equally in every direction. The objects farther away are moving faster.

Let's look at some info contained in the link I provided, shall we?

"There is no centre of the universe because there is no edge of the universe. In a finite universe, space is curved so that if you could travel billions of light years in a straight line you would eventually finish back where you started. It is also possible that our universe is infinite. In both examples, groups of galaxies completely fill the universe and are moving apart at all points making the universe expand (see question 2)"

There is a common assumption that the Big Bang was an explosion that occured in empty space and that the explosion expanded into the empty space. This is wrong.

And finally, what you failed to grasp...

"The only answer to the question "Where did the Big Bang happen?" is that it occured everywhere in the Universe."

Last edited:

Another weepy-eyed fundie who was taken to task for his slathering attempt at proselytizing.
what's worse is he used his own mom...wonder if he forges her signature on s.s.i checks too!

I related a deeply personal story I thought was relevant. Thanks to you and Hollie for showing us the true colors of atheism with your responses. Hate and bitterness are included at no charge with your cynical worldview.

Last edited:
Another weepy-eyed fundie who was taken to task for his slathering attempt at proselytizing.
what's worse is he used his own mom...wonder if he forges her signature on s.s.i checks too!

I related a deeply personal story I thought was relevant. Thanks to you and Hollie for showing us the true colors of atheism with your responses. Hate and bitterness are included at no charge with your cynical worldview.

Oh, you poor dear.

I suspect it's more likely you copied and pasted that story as a canned document from Harun Yahya. It's evident that you're a really angry fundie. You can use your bibles to thump all you like but to use your religion to denigrate others is something I'd have thought your religion would frown upon. Obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back