Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
did it ever occur to you that there was never "one" first cell.
it's almost as lame a concept as your "what system or body part developed first" nonsense.
nature does no do "one offs" there is not only one kind of one celled lifeforms.
there are billions... Published online 4 September 2009 | Nature | doi:10.1038/news.2009.880

News

Cells go fractal
Mathematical patterns rule the behaviour of molecules in the nucleus.

Claire Ainsworth

A cell displays chromatin (green) and a molecule used for tracking (red).
J. ELLENBERGThe maths behind the rugged beauty of a coastline may help to keep cell biology in order, say researchers in Germany. Fractals — rough shapes that look the same at all scales — could explain how the cell's nucleus holds molecules that manage our DNA in the right location.

In new experiments, Sebastien Huet and Aurélien Bancaud of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, tracked the movement of molecules within cells in a lab dish, then compared the pattern of movement against mathematical models. Large molecules, they found, moved according to the same rules as small molecules — suggesting that their environment was truly fractal. The team reported their findings this week at the EMBO meeting in Amsterdam.

Cells go fractal : Nature News

as to coming together (or assembly) if you studied biology you'd know that cells or any other living thing grows it's mechanisms from the same material,not desparate parts from different material.

http://www.fractal.org/Life-Science-Technology/Fractal-like-structure.pdf

You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer. Can you imagine the probability of multiple cells forming at once,it's hard enough to think of just one cell forming completely on it's own and now you want to make even harder to believe.

You're a funny guy Daws.

"You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer."YWC
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS A LIE
nowhere is my post is a designer alleged, inferred,only a halfwit with a tenuous grip on reality and a hard on for his own myths would attempt to insert a false premise in to a post to cover his own lack of working Grey matter.

BTW, THIS IS THE only THING YOU GOT RIGHT:"it's hard enough to think"YWC

nuffsaid.!!

Never said you implied a creator,you implied that multiple cells came into existence on their own. Thought it would have given it away what was meant when I said the probability of just one cell coming in to existence on it's own through a natural means and can you imagine the probability of it happening multiple times.

Maybe it was you purposely spinning what I said once you realized you really did make it even harder to believe, by suggesting, more then one cell came into existence through a totally natural means.

I've been in these type of debates before and it's possible for the topic to lead to stimulating conversation... except when the evangelicals and Harun Yahya groupies are present.

First, to have a stimulating conversation you have to be able to be taught and have some kind of scientific background to have this discussion.

Both you and Daws have a problem accepting the views of authorities on this issue that are very educated people on your side that admit they have no clue how life could have started spontaneously completely on it's own.
you have a problem understanding the authorities in any scientific discipline are not always correct.
and unlike your myth makers they welcome a challenge to the evidence to keep it up to date and learn something new.

what you truly fail on is the concept that in science it not just acceptable "not to have a clue" (misnomer) but necessary.
unlike yourselves who believe they have all the answers,when in reality you have no proof.

They are not wrong daws,they don't have a clue how it could have happened.

what's worse is he used his own mom...wonder if he forges her signature on s.s.i checks too!

I related a deeply personal story I thought was relevant. Thanks to you and Hollie for showing us the true colors of atheism with your responses. Hate and bitterness are included at no charge with your cynical worldview.

Oh, you poor dear.

I suspect it's more likely you copied and pasted that story as a canned document from Harun Yahya. It's evident that you're a really angry fundie. You can use your bibles to thump all you like but to use your religion to denigrate others is something I'd have thought your religion would frown upon. Obviously not.

Silly Hollie is :confused:

First, to have a stimulating conversation you have to be able to be taught and have some kind of scientific background to have this discussion.

Both you and Daws have a problem accepting the views of authorities on this issue that are very educated people on your side that admit they have no clue how life could have started spontaneously completely on it's own.
you have a problem understanding the authorities in any scientific discipline are not always correct.
and unlike your myth makers they welcome a challenge to the evidence to keep it up to date and learn something new.

what you truly fail on is the concept that in science it not just acceptable "not to have a clue" (misnomer) but necessary.
unlike yourselves who believe they have all the answers,when in reality you have no proof.

There's nothing wrong with science not having every answer.

What's remarkable is the pitiable state of affairs for the fundie crowd. Their last remaining claim to the gods is that science has not yet made a discovery that will answer the question of how life began.

As layer after layer of fear and superstition promoted by the christian hierarchy has been peeled back by science, the gawds have become less and less relevant and their duties have become more and more superfluous.

What we see in post after post by the fundies is a desperate attempt to vilify science as they believe that will allow their gawds some meaning or relevance. The fundies are left with abandoning any attempt at positive claims for their gawds (as there are none), but are forced to desperately seek some alleged lack in scientific knowledge as a window for their gawds to peek through.

I related a deeply personal story I thought was relevant. Thanks to you and Hollie for showing us the true colors of atheism with your responses. Hate and bitterness are included at no charge with your cynical worldview.

Oh, you poor dear.

I suspect it's more likely you copied and pasted that story as a canned document from Harun Yahya. It's evident that you're a really angry fundie. You can use your bibles to thump all you like but to use your religion to denigrate others is something I'd have thought your religion would frown upon. Obviously not.

Dumbfounded the fundie is!

It's never a surprise to see how fundies use their religion for the promotion of hate and derision.

You got one thing right many cells formed instantly by the designer. Can you imagine the probability of multiple cells forming at once,it's hard enough to think of just one cell forming completely on it's own and now you want to make even harder to believe.

You're a funny guy Daws.

nowhere is my post is a designer alleged, inferred,only a halfwit with a tenuous grip on reality and a hard on for his own myths would attempt to insert a false premise in to a post to cover his own lack of working Grey matter.

nuffsaid.!!

Never said you implied a creator,you implied that multiple cells came into existence on their own. Thought it would have given it away what was meant when I said the probability of just one cell coming in to existence on it's own through a natural means and can you imagine the probability of it happening multiple times.

Maybe it was you purposely spinning what I said once you realized you really did make it even harder to believe, by suggesting, more then one cell came into existence through a totally natural means.

There is every reason to accept that the probability of just one cell coming in to existence on it's own through a natural means is 100%.

There is every reason to accept that the probability of it happening multiple times is 100%.

Evidence: the natural world.

Evidence that the gawds did it: 0%
(Especially your gawds.)

What's remarkable is the pitiable state of affairs for the fundie crowd. Their last remaining claim to the gods is that science has not yet made a discovery that will answer the question of how life began.

As layer after layer of fear and superstition promoted by the christian hierarchy has been peeled back by science, the gawds have become less and less relevant and their duties have become more and more superfluous.

What we see in post after post by the fundies is a desperate attempt to vilify science as they believe that will allow their gawds some meaning or relevance. The fundies are left with abandoning any attempt at positive claims for their gawds (as there are none), but are forced to desperately seek some alleged lack in scientific knowledge as a window for their gawds to peek through.

Answers to key questions of the theory of naturalism is the problem.

Oh, you poor dear.

It's never a surprise to see how fundies use their religion for the promotion of hate and derision.

If you say so.

Daws, here are some links from Nasa saying the same thing as my earlier post on Big Bang Cosmology. Please don't accuse Nasa of being a Creationist website.

WMAP- Big Bang Expansion: the Hubble Constant

WMAP Big Bang CMB Test

WMAP- Shape of the Universe

WMAP- Fate of the Universe

:lol:

All of the links above in both subtle and emphatic ways refute the fundie claims of gawds.

:lol:

No, they just show how your theories evolve and how daws is not up to date or just copies and pastes without checking the validity of what he is posting.

nuffsaid.!!

There is every reason to accept that the probability of just one cell coming in to existence on it's own through a natural means is 100%.

There is every reason to accept that the probability of it happening multiple times is 100%.

(Especially your gawds.)

If this was the case, you would not have many authorative scientist dumbfounded over the origins question.

Those questions are being addressed by which discipline - science or religion?

Your revulsion for science is precisely because of the exploration being undertaken by science. As noted, science has reduced the job requirements for gawds. Where once it was believed that gawds opened every flower petal and oversaw every human endeavor. Now the gawds are relegated to sitting on thrones and paper shuffling.

The likely discovery of life elsewhere in the solar system is going to be utterly devastating to your religion. Life as we know it on this planet per christianity is a very earthly product of gawds and miracles and supernaturalism and supermagicalism. Life elsewhere will prove irresolvable for the gawds model.

(Especially your gawds.)

If this was the case, you would not have many authorative scientist dumbfounded over the origins question.

What Is dumbfounding is retreating into "the gawds did it" answer to address natural processes. The Christian church has a history of suppressing open inquiry as a means of defending dogma.

Science is the process of discovery which is threatening to religionis. Why are you so afraid of the truth?

Does truth threaten your emotional security blanket?

Those questions are being addressed by which discipline - science or religion?

Your revulsion for science is precisely because of the exploration being undertaken by science. As noted, science has reduced the job requirements for gawds. Where once it was believed that gawds opened every flower petal and oversaw every human endeavor. Now the gawds are relegated to sitting on thrones and paper shuffling.

The likely discovery of life elsewhere in the solar system is going to be utterly devastating to your religion. Life as we know it on this planet per christianity is a very earthly product of gawds and miracles and supernaturalism and supermagicalism. Life elsewhere will prove irresolvable for the gawds model.

They are trying to fabricate answers for naturalism but that is all they have. Now what is the alternative to naturalism ?

If you say so.

Reading your posts leads to that conclusion.

No they don't,I actually try to discuss things with you and Daws Hollie and try to get you to reason reality. Both of you possess a blind hatred and it's obvious. Your hatred prevents you to be rational thinking human beings.

(Especially your gawds.)

What Is dumbfounding is retreating into "the gawds did it" answer to address natural processes. The Christian church has a history of suppressing open inquiry as a means of defending dogma.

Science is the process of discovery which is threatening to religionis. Why are you so afraid of the truth?

Think about this for a moment Hollie. Where will there answers lead if God did do it ? Will they have accurate explanations of the data ?

Think about this for a moment Hollie. Where will there answers lead if God did do it ? Will they have accurate explanations of the data ?
If "the gawds really did it", the only explanation you would have is that a supernatural, supermagical entity using methods we can never understand, using processes we can never discover, in ways we can never discern somehow snapped snapped their magical digits and "poofed" life into existence.

That still would not negate evolution as the process whereby life developed on the planet. There are no circumstances wherein the planet can only be 6000 years old. So you're left to explain how the gawds sparked the first life and then did such an incompetent "design" of more complicated life.

Mankind would be forever hopelessly mired in fear and superstition about our origins in the gawds environment.

If you say so.

Reading your posts leads to that conclusion.

No they don't,I actually try to discuss things with you and Daws Hollie and try to get you to reason reality. Both of you possess a blind hatred and it's obvious. Your hatred prevents you to be rational thinking human beings.

Think about what you wrote. How does anyone reason reallity by posting supernaturalism and supermagical gawds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back