Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have announced that you're a stalker. Good for you.

What s shame that your responses are nothing but cutting and pasting from fundie religious websites. That being the case, you should expect to be taken to task for cutting and pasting nonsense.

Well this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you're a total dimwit. Responding to you is like arguing with a drunk. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh and by the way...

What is your science and educational background? What are you so afraid of?

An Index to Creationist Claims

Creationist claims are numerous and varied, so it is often difficult to track down information on any given claim. Plus,creationists constantly come up with new claims which need addressing. This site attempts, as much as possible, to make it easy to find rebuttals and references from the scientific community to any and all of the various creationist claims. It is updated frequently; see the What's New page for the latest changes.

Since most creationism is folklore, the claims are organized in an outline format following that of Stith Thompson's Motif-Index of Folk-Literature. Sections CA through CG deal with claims against conventional science, and sections CH through CJ contain claims about creationism itself.

Great cut and paste info, but what is your science and educational background?

Last edited:
Hollie said:
Remember that I'm only trying to help you out of the darkness and ignorance of idol worship

Court Upholds Denial of ICR Degrees – Dispatches from the Creation Wars

A federal court in Texas has upheld a decision by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to deny the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School a certificate of authority to offer master’s degrees in science. The ICR moved from California to Texas but now cannot offer MS programs at its school because of this decision. You can see the full ruling here.

This is a ruling for summary judgment, which means both sides agreed to a basic set of facts and legal questions and there was no substantive disagreement on those facts and therefore no need to proceed to a full trial. And the facts here are pretty clear; it’s the legal questions that the court had to decide.

A panel of science education experts who visited the ICRGS to evaluate the program concluded that “much of the course content was outside the realm of science and lacked potential to help students understand the nature of science and the history and nature of the natural world.” The board therefore denied the request for authority to grant master’s degrees and the ICRGS filed suit.

Interesting cut and paste, but what is your science and educational background?

Remember that I'm only trying to help you out of the darkness and ignorance of idol worship

MnCSE - Evolution, Creationism and the Courts 20 Questions

Evolution, Creationism, and the Courts: 20 Questions

Randy Moore & Karen L. Miksch University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA [email protected] Abstract The teaching of evolution and creationism is controversial to many people in the United States. Knowledge of the many important court-decisions about the teaching of evolution and creationism in the United States can be used not only to resist anti-evolution activities of creationists, but also to help teachers address questions about the teaching of evolution and creationism.

“We have staked the very existence of our country on the faith that complete separation between the state and religion is best for the state and best for religion. If nowhere else, in the relation between Church and State, good fences make good neighbors.” Justice Felix Frankfurter, in McCollum v. Board of Education

“I want you to have all the academic freedom you want, as long as you wind up saying the Bible account [of creation] is true and all others are not.” Jerry Falwell, television preacher and university administrator.

I don't support evolutionary philosophy. You will have to look elsewhere to substantiate the logical outcome of darwinian thought. You can start here...

Darwinism: Science or Naturalistic Philosophy (5 of 11) - YouTube

I didn't ask you what you supported. I asked you to clarify a statement that I didn't understand. Are you saying that evolutionary belief/philosophy/theory, whatever you deem to call it, establishes that humans don't have free will? I don't know yet if I would have an issue with whatever your logic might be, but I might.

No free will is a pretty strong tenet of evolutionary philosophy. It has to do with genetic determinism. Since your responses to stimuli are pre-programed by evolution, choice and free will are really just illusions. Instinct and your genes drive all your decisions.

Genetic determinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for clarifying. I don't see anything wrong with your logic there.

Incidentally, I believe in God, and that the Universe was set in motion by that power. I just don't entertain Creationism or Intelligent Design as science. Don't get me wrong, I think the evolutionists certainly have their biases, and heavily in some cases, but Creationism is so agenda-driven as to be firmly distinguishable from legitimate scientific inquiry.

Randy Moore & Karen L. Miksch University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA [email protected] Abstract The teaching of evolution and creationism is controversial to many people in the United States. Knowledge of the many important court-decisions about the teaching of evolution and creationism in the United States can be used not only to resist anti-evolution activities of creationists, but also to help teachers address questions about the teaching of evolution and creationism.

“We have staked the very existence of our country on the faith that complete separation between the state and religion is best for the state and best for religion. If nowhere else, in the relation between Church and State, good fences make good neighbors.” Justice Felix Frankfurter, in McCollum v. Board of Education

“I want you to have all the academic freedom you want, as long as you wind up saying the Bible account [of creation] is true and all others are not.” Jerry Falwell, television preacher and university administrator.

Great info Hollie! What is your educational background?

It is interesting, don't you think? All the lies and deceit furthered by fundies in connection with some alleged "design" they want introduced into the school system is nothing more than frantic attempts to force christianity.in the school syllabus.

Jerry Falwell and the Christian Taliban.

BTW, my little personal stalker, I'll require you to continue with the gargantuan fonts.

Last edited:

It is interesting, don't you think? All the lies and deceit furthered by fundies in connection with some alleged "design" they want introduced into the school system is nothing more than frantic attempts to force christianity.in the school syllabus.

BTW, my little personal stalker, I'll require you to continue with the gargantuan fonts.

I totally agree, but where did you go to college? What type of science background do you have?

You know what Hollie? Your hatred only eats away at YOUR insides, and doesn't affect those you hate. You live under the cloud of hurt and unforgiveness. Forgive your parents and those who have wronged you and you will be free. It is your forgiveness of others that will release your hatred, and unload that huge burden of bitterness you have been carrying since your childhood. Your hate only hurts you. Christ said, "This is my commandment. That ye love one another."

Last edited:

I totally agree, but where did you go to college? What type of science background do you have?

You know what Hollie? Your hatred only eats away at YOUR insides, and doesn't affect those you hate. You live under the cloud of hurt and unforgiveness. Forgive your parents and those who have wronged you and you will be free. It is your forgiveness of others that will release your hatred, and unload that huge burden of bitterness you have been carrying since your childhood. Your hate only hurts you. Christ said, "This is my commandment. That ye love one another."

You're projecting. Were you abused by a Priest as a youngster? Are you still being abused? Could it be that you have have conflicting feelings about the abuse which is why you allow the abuse to continue?

Your primary objection to this thread and my comments in particular is that you believe criticism of your religious beliefs should not be allowed. In a totalitarian theocracy such as Iran, or other fear societies in the islamist Middle East, the matters discussed within this thread would never see the light of day.

Having a literal belief, such as yours, in a 6000 year old earth, jinn, demons and mankind sharing the planet with dinosaurs actually is a viable reason to criticize another person or peoples belief system when that other person insists on forcing those beliefs on others or insists that supernaturalism must be part of a public school syllabus. What you are refusing to address is that your insistence that Harun Yahya type creationism be taught in public schools will similarly be met with demands for many other religions to have equal time. I see no valid reason why we in the West should condemn our students in public, state funded schools to the irrelevancies of ancient superstitions. I happen to think it is outrageous to even consider such absurdities as a geocentric model, a flat earth, seven heavens, mountains stopping the earth from shaking, meteors as missiles against jinn and similar absurdities found in creationist dogma. I really see no mechanism to address these concepts as in any way short of being ludicrous.

American companies and firms look for truly analytical minds with the capacity for deductive thought and rationality, and an increasingly technical world demands them. I happen to live within a four hour drive of several of the most respected universities in the world. Guess what; none of them include jinn 101 in their course curriculum. I have no desire to see our education system devolve to the point where we churn out the legions of vacant, Koran addled minds exiting Middle Eastern schools.

I've scolded you once already about the gargantuan fonts. I do require you to use gargantuan fonts.

Hollie said:

A federal court in Texas has upheld a decision by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to deny the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School a certificate of authority to offer master’s degrees in science. The ICR moved from California to Texas but now cannot offer MS programs at its school because of this decision. You can see the full ruling here.

This is a ruling for summary judgment, which means both sides agreed to a basic set of facts and legal questions and there was no substantive disagreement on those facts and therefore no need to proceed to a full trial. And the facts here are pretty clear; it’s the legal questions that the court had to decide.

A panel of science education experts who visited the ICRGS to evaluate the program concluded that “much of the course content was outside the realm of science and lacked potential to help students understand the nature of science and the history and nature of the natural world.” The board therefore denied the request for authority to grant master’s degrees and the ICRGS filed suit.

Hmm how is this relevant ? both myself and UR's edcational background is from the University of Arizona,if i'm not mistaken they have a very good standing in the science community.

Your religion is humans came from an accumulation of mistakes :D

Such is the fundie syndrome from worship at the altar of Harun Yahya.

Such is the fundie syndrome from worship at the altar of Harun Yahya.

No, right from the evolutionist propaganda book.

Hollie you probably didn't understand my comment I just directed at you.

You predictably have trouble writing coherent sentences.

You are in denial or like i said earlier you are not understanding what is being said to you.

The issue is yours to address. The problem is that when you're not cutting and pasting from Harun Yahya, you're left to defend positions that you have no training or knowledge of.

Hollie said:

Hmm how is this relevant ? both myself and UR's edcational background is from the University of Arizona,if i'm not mistaken they have a very good standing in the science community.
It's painfully obvious you are inventing these things as you go. Be honest, you took Tele-courses offered by the ICR, right?

You're projecting. Were you abused by a Priest as a youngster? Are you still being abused? Could it be that you have have conflicting feelings about the abuse which is why you allow the abuse to continue?

Your primary objection to this thread and my comments in particular is that you believe criticism of your religious beliefs should not be allowed. In a totalitarian theocracy such as Iran, or other fear societies in the islamist Middle East, the matters discussed within this thread would never see the light of day.

Having a literal belief, such as yours, in a 6000 year old earth, jinn, demons and mankind sharing the planet with dinosaurs actually is a viable reason to criticize another person or peoples belief system when that other person insists on forcing those beliefs on others or insists that supernaturalism must be part of a public school syllabus. What you are refusing to address is that your insistence that Harun Yahya type creationism be taught in public schools will similarly be met with demands for many other religions to have equal time. I see no valid reason why we in the West should condemn our students in public, state funded schools to the irrelevancies of ancient superstitions. I happen to think it is outrageous to even consider such absurdities as a geocentric model, a flat earth, seven heavens, mountains stopping the earth from shaking, meteors as missiles against jinn and similar absurdities found in creationist dogma. I really see no mechanism to address these concepts as in any way short of being ludicrous.

American companies and firms look for truly analytical minds with the capacity for deductive thought and rationality, and an increasingly technical world demands them. I happen to live within a four hour drive of several of the most respected universities in the world. Guess what; none of them include jinn 101 in their course curriculum. I have no desire to see our education system devolve to the point where we churn out the legions of vacant, Koran addled minds exiting Middle Eastern schools.

I've scolded you once already about the gargantuan fonts. I do require you to use gargantuan fonts.

So what university did you attend?

Oh and by the way, I'm not Catholic. I was raised Southern Baptist. All our ministers were married. And I don't believe in a 6000 year old earth and nor do I follow this muslim guy you keep incessantly referring to. Hollie, all your flowering thesaurus surfing and cut and paste distrations can't disguise your total and utter lack of formal education and the fact that you are so thick you keep confusing YWC and myself.

And YWC is right. I attended Pima Community College in 84/85 and then the University of Arizona from 1985 to 1988. I studied Mechanical Engineering, and took courses like Fluid Mechanics, Differential Equations, Thermodynamics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Dynamics, Matrices Analysis, First Year Electrical Engineering Courses, and Senior design Mechanical Engineering Classes.

Now see Hollie. Was that so hard?

Last edited:

Such is the fundie syndrome from worship at the altar of Harun Yahya*.

Just curious why you think two Christian guys would follow this muslim guy. Is it because you lump all religions together that you believe hate gays? Please let me clarify for you, Christ calls Christians to love all sinners, including those engaging in the infamous crime against nature. Harun Yahya on the other hand, *ascribes to a religion that calls for the death of all Christians, and for the beheading of all homosexuals. I know this has been explained to you numerous times, and it is pretty obvious you really can't present a logical thought, so you just resort to accusations that make absolutely no logical sense.

Almost forgot, where did you go to college?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back