Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollie, you really just revealed your total and utter ignorance, or the fact that you never read any of the posts before re-posting your same tired, repetitive nonsense. Doesn't your online degree from Haran Yahya address this?

What you failed to grasp in your limited understanding, is that my Wiki cut and pastes were not to support MY argument, but to prove that Loki's constant strawman accusations have no basis in reality. Everything I have claimed the TOE claims is right there in black and white for anyone to see.

Where else did you go to school besides online?

WHO CARES? This is none of your business, and has no bearing on this discussion. I normally wouldn't intervene, but this is getting annoying.

Is it as annoying as Hollie detracting from and denying others educational background while simultaneously refusing to provide any basis for her own?

Why I am no longer a Creationist - Part 1: Genus Homo - YouTube

I realize that posting this an argument ad populum, and doesn't verify evolution just because someone, somewhere switched to being a non-creationist, so you can spare telling me that.

However, the same can not be said of this next video by the same person, who demonstrates an understanding of evolution. I know that posting videos is not the best argumentation form, and may not be particularly convincing, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Why I am no longer a creationist -- Part 2.1: Missing Links - Proboscidea - YouTube

Cute video's. However, at the risk of you falling into the "Creationist trap" the narrator in the video alludes to, i.e., not looking for evidence, perhaps you should check out the opposing viewpoint if you are serious about wanting to be fully informed. You can start here:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Science-Human-Origins-Ann-Gauger/dp/193659904X/ref=pd_sim_b_18]Science and Human Origins: Ann Gauger,Douglas Axe,Casey Luskin: 9781936599042: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Ummm... you want me to spend money to learn about creationism? Yeah, no thanks. Point me to a website if you like, but there no way I am buying a book on creationism. I am fully aware of the creationist viewpoint. It would be a waste of my time and brain cells to store such information.

Its not a Creationist book and you responded very predictably. A majority of the folks in the opposition here, like yourself, isn't interested in the truth. You have been brainwashed hook, line, and sinker and you are quite content to remain in such a state because the alternative would force a change. Either that, or you fall into the Christian persecution and discrimination group.

Cute video's. However, at the risk of you falling into the "Creationist trap" the narrator in the video alludes to, i.e., not looking for evidence, perhaps you should check out the opposing viewpoint if you are serious about wanting to be fully informed. You can start here:

Science and Human Origins: Ann Gauger,Douglas Axe,Casey Luskin: 9781936599042: Amazon.com: Books

Ummm... you want me to spend money to learn about creationism? Yeah, no thanks. Point me to a website if you like, but there no way I am buying a book on creationism. I am fully aware of the creationist viewpoint. It would be a waste of my time and brain cells to store such information.

Douglas Axe is yet another Loon flailing his pom poms on behalf of the Discovery Institute.

How embarrassing for the creationist industry that the spokesmen are so often people who shouldn't be allowed in grown-up company.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #8: Douglas Axe

Axe is a zealous creationist associated with the Discovery Institute (he is the director at their “Biologic Institute"). Axe is a molecular biologist, and thus actually knows some science. He uses this knowledge to write mundane papers, at least two of which have been published in low-tier, although genuine, journals - despite being uninteresting and mundane. Axe’s work is hailed by the Discovery Institute as evidence for their views. Of course, there is no actual support of intelligent design in these published papers, and Axe himself admits as much: Axe (2004) and the evolution of enzyme function - The Panda's Thumb

Insofar as Axe is a creationist with real scientific publications to his name, Axe’s work is one of the main contributions to a sheen of legitimacy for the ID movement. But given that his publications do not at all support or even touch on their views (but are willfully interpreted as such by other ID-proponents without Axe complaining) he is an important contributor to erecting the framework of dishonesty that is the ID movement.

Diagnosis: Dishonest wingnut who might pose a genuine if minor threat to science and rationality as a creationist with actually published (though unrelated) material.

Typical of fundie evo's. You can't respond logically to the arguments presented so you resort to silly Ad Hollimen attacks. Oh you poor dear. You wouldn't know how to reason your way out of a paper bag as evidenced by your continued nonsensical posts here. Your comments also show a deep lack of formal education.

"For centuries now theologians, philosophers and scientists have insisted upon the truth of this naturalistic origin of the world for religious reasons. Today we simply say that evolution is a fact. The problem, however, is that the origin of species by strictly natural means runs afoul of the science. Over and over evolution’s explanations and expectations turn up false or unlikely. One problem, such as with the evening primrose, is that the biological change we do observe tends to be in the form of rapid and effective directed adaptations to environmental changes brought about by built-in sophisticated mechanisms."

Darwin's God: Evolutionists Now Claim Directed Adaptation is Evolution in “Real Time”

Science and Human Origins: Ann Gauger,Douglas Axe,Casey Luskin: 9781936599042: Amazon.com: Books

Its not a Creationist book and you responded very predictably. A majority of the folks in the opposition here, like yourself, isn't interested in the truth. You have been brainwashed hook, line, and sinker and you are quite content to remain in such a state because the alternative would force a change. Either that, or you fall into the Christian persecution and discrimination group.

Really? Then what is it, a book on evolution?

How can you talk about brainwashing? I can't tell you how ridiculous you sound. I am an anti-creationist, just as much as you are anti-evolutionist.

You are so arrogant to use the word truth, as if you know the what truth is, without having to establish or demonstrate it. You simply claim to, without providing any evidence, logic, or reason to even establish god.

Last edited:

Douglas Axe is yet another Loon flailing his pom poms on behalf of the Discovery Institute.

How embarrassing for the creationist industry that the spokesmen are so often people who shouldn't be allowed in grown-up company.

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #8: Douglas Axe

Axe is a zealous creationist associated with the Discovery Institute (he is the director at their “Biologic Institute"). Axe is a molecular biologist, and thus actually knows some science. He uses this knowledge to write mundane papers, at least two of which have been published in low-tier, although genuine, journals - despite being uninteresting and mundane. Axe’s work is hailed by the Discovery Institute as evidence for their views. Of course, there is no actual support of intelligent design in these published papers, and Axe himself admits as much: Axe (2004) and the evolution of enzyme function - The Panda's Thumb

Insofar as Axe is a creationist with real scientific publications to his name, Axe’s work is one of the main contributions to a sheen of legitimacy for the ID movement. But given that his publications do not at all support or even touch on their views (but are willfully interpreted as such by other ID-proponents without Axe complaining) he is an important contributor to erecting the framework of dishonesty that is the ID movement.

Diagnosis: Dishonest wingnut who might pose a genuine if minor threat to science and rationality as a creationist with actually published (though unrelated) material.

Typical of fundie evo's. You can't respond logically to the arguments presented so you resort to silly Ad Hollimen attacks. Oh you poor dear. You wouldn't know how to reason your way out of a paper bag as evidenced by your continued nonsensical posts here. Your comments also show a deep lack of formal education.

Your worshipping at the altar of fear, superstition and ignorance shows a deep lack of self confidence and formal education.

Consider getting some formal education in the fields of science and biology. You will appear as something less than a mindless zealot.

"For centuries now theologians, philosophers and scientists have insisted upon the truth of this naturalistic origin of the world for religious reasons. Today we simply say that evolution is a fact. The problem, however, is that the origin of species by strictly natural means runs afoul of the science. Over and over evolution’s explanations and expectations turn up false or unlikely. One problem, such as with the evening primrose, is that the biological change we do observe tends to be in the form of rapid and effective directed adaptations to environmental changes brought about by built-in sophisticated mechanisms."

Darwin's God: Evolutionists Now Claim Directed Adaptation is Evolution in “Real Time”

Predictable!

The usual cut and paste from creationist propaganda sites.

It's comically tragic that a Christian creationist would seek to lecture anyone regarding truth when the Christian creationist propaganda industry is drenched in lies, deceit and falsified claims.

It's comically tragic that a Christian creationist would seek to lecture anyone regarding truth when the Christian creationist propaganda industry is drenched in lies, deceit and falsified claims.

...says the foolish Rugged Touch Man/Woman who posts under fake names and continuously commits lies of omission and milks the taxpayers for disability payments and foodstamps just because he/she is grossly obese... Hollie "I am of the male persuasion" Man Touch.

At least when Loki plagiarizes, at least he switches the words around enough so a simple google search can't find him out.

Last edited:

...says the foolish Rugged Touch Man/Woman who posts under fake names and continuously commits lies of omission and milks the taxpayers for disability payments and foodstamps just because he/she is grossly obese... Hollie "I am of the male persuasion" Man Touch.

At least when Loki plagiarizes, at least he switches the words around enough so a simple google search can't find him out.
Here we see the result of what is churned out by the Christian creationist / flat earth ministries: legions of angry, disaffected, semi-literate types with limited emotional / intellectual maturity.

As their attacks on science are shown to be groundless claims intended only to prop up religious dogma, they get more reactive and less coherent as they are confronted with a vibrant science.

Hate, hate, hate. They hate themselves, they hate each other and their hate is used to sustain their hateful ideology.

How strange that the science hating, evolution denying fundie has spent a considerable amount of time cutting and pasting material from wiki which does not refute evolution.

I couldn't help but also notice that the rabid cut and paster is generous when he self-describes "my earlier comment" which was a cut and paste from wiki.

It's stereotypical for religious zealots to blind themselves to science. You are free to believe that science is one, enormous conspiracy theory. Those who deny evolution, that certain "grandeur in this view of life" as Darwin characterized it, should be granted a special exemption from the process predicated upon their self-evident inability to adapt and thrive. If you are incapable of recognizing the overwhelming evidence for evolution, it is obviously a function of religious zealotry and the ignorance that malady breeds, so you're excused.

Why would you be so foolish to believe all transitional species are extinct?

How did their traits get passed on if they were going extinct ? Where did the genetic information go for even earlier transitional species ?
I'm afraid your lack of understanding of even the most basic principles of biology and science makes you appear to be quite the pathetic buffoon.

I don't say it's a consptracy theory but I do say it is built on vivid imaginations. Not built on the scientific method it can't be put to the test and it has never been observed.

Dear CBirch2 and YouWereCreated:

How the hell does someone seriously believe the earth is 6000 years old?
Meh. It baffles me.

YWC mentioned not knowing what animals were on the ark 5000 years ago.

Are you both or neither open to the idea of interpreting the 6000 year timeline
in the Bible as stages, where each period (referred to as 1000 years, but that just means a very long time spanning multiple generations) represents a Day to God,
so that the world is created in Stages?

This could be possible I am not sure if each day of creation was a thousand years. I think that would produce death before it was handed down to adam and eve and go against the scriptures.

Hollie, you really just revealed your total and utter ignorance, or the fact that you never read any of the posts before re-posting your same tired, repetitive nonsense. Doesn't your online degree from Haran Yahya address this?

What you failed to grasp in your limited understanding, is that my Wiki cut and pastes were not to support MY argument, but to prove that Loki's constant strawman accusations have no basis in reality. Everything I have claimed the TOE claims is right there in black and white for anyone to see.

Where else did you go to school besides online?

WHO CARES? This is none of your business, and has no bearing on this discussion. I normally wouldn't intervene, but this is getting annoying.

Wait a second it was ok for Hollie to call us out about our education and when we responded to her accusation,she get's a pass on the same question ?

false comparison

Explain your ignorant comment ?

We know that humans built things that humans built... we were here. We've been here to build it. To suggest otherwise is so fucking assinine, I don't even know how to sit in my chair. Therefore, we don't see these things coming from nature.

Humans are not circuit boards, are not spaceships, are not engines. Why do creationists think these are valid comparisons and think inductive reasoning is valid here in order to assume ID? It is so dishonest and just... stupid as fuck.

So how can you conclude that because we know man can design and build things but biological organisms that are much more complex just came into existence by chance and luck ? Your opinion defies logic.

Why I am no longer a Creationist - Part 1: Genus Homo - YouTube

I realize that posting this an argument ad populum, and doesn't verify evolution just because someone, somewhere switched to being a non-creationist, so you can spare telling me that.

However, the same can not be said of this next video by the same person, who demonstrates an understanding of evolution. I know that posting videos is not the best argumentation form, and may not be particularly convincing, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Why I am no longer a creationist -- Part 2.1: Missing Links - Proboscidea - YouTube

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Science-Human-Origins-Ann-Gauger/dp/193659904X/ref=pd_sim_b_18]Science and Human Origins: Ann Gauger,Douglas Axe,Casey Luskin: 9781936599042: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

No you kids should be learning real science not theories that are built on vivid imaginations and can never be demostrated through testing and the scientific method.

uh oh.

Predictable!

Typical evo fundie response.

Explain your ignorant comment ?

We know that humans built things that humans built... we were here. We've been here to build it. To suggest otherwise is so fucking assinine, I don't even know how to sit in my chair. Therefore, we don't see these things coming from nature.

Humans are not circuit boards, are not spaceships, are not engines. Why do creationists think these are valid comparisons and think inductive reasoning is valid here in order to assume ID? It is so dishonest and just... stupid as fuck.

So how can you conclude that because we know man can design and build things but biological organisms that are much more complex just came into existence by chance and luck ? Your opinion defies logic.
The act of considered thought seems to defy you. "Organisms that are much more complex" didn't just come into existence. Biological complexity (and the evolution of greater complexity over immense time scales), is readily observed in the fosill and biological record.

What defies logic (and all of earth history) is the fantastically absurd notion of a 6000 year old earth, zapped into existence by an angry, immoral god.

Predictable!

Typical evo fundie response.
An appropriate response to an angry, self-hating Christian zealot who offers nothing but cutting and pasting from fundie Christian ministries.

Is it as annoying as Hollie detracting from and denying others educational background while simultaneously refusing to provide any basis for her own?

Use some of you're christian superpowers of forgiveness and let it go. It's annoying as shit for the rest of us, you keep on using huge fonts in PINK COLOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back