Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
circular-logic-of-the-bible.gif

So what's your problem now? Why do you refuse to explain this "God" thing of yours?

I admitted that I have no idea what you're talking about. You've brought up this "God" thing of yours, but have yet to explain what it is. WHY IS THAT?

Now, I have been exposed--presumably by intellects of such small stature that they are dwarfed by mental midgets--to literally hundreds of self-contradictory, question-begging, special-pleading appeal-to-ignorance accounts of some "God."

Even a mental midget can see that those clearly don't count, right? Even a mental midget can see that those logically fallacious accounts "God" things are obviously fraudulent. So help me out here, and explain this "God" thing you reference in terms that even a mental midget can understand.

You can quit with your strawman argument anytime now.
What strawman? My request for your explanation of this "God" thing of yours cannot by any means be considered an argument for or against anything ... let alone a strawman argument.

What is really going on here, is that you are as aware as I am that your "God" thing has as much validity in reality as the Easter Bunny.

The demonstrable reality of that fact is the most inconvenient fact of your superstitious Intelligent-Design theorizing. Which is why ID "science" is far more concerned with rhetorical attempts to "punch holes" in evolution, than actually doing some real science.

This is nothing more than a strawman argument. How many times can you go on about such a fallacious claim? If you can try to address what was really said, I might respond to you but I will not entertain your false claims for what I was arguing.

Last edited:
Honestly, dear, forgive your gay hating fundie parents for the damage they have caused you.

Let go of fear and superstition and you will no longer be a slave to living in trembling fear of ancient tales designed to coerce behavior from the ignorant and gullible.

Hollie, I think actions tell the real story. Let's compare the actions of my life to yours offline and see who the slave is. What do you do on a daily basis for anyone other than yourself? Your hatred for yourself and others seethes into your written words. Your lonely and loathsome life screams out every time you type a sentence.
Oh my, but we've employed the self serving claims to "fundie-dom" that you are deserving of special dispensations because of your religious beliefs.

It seems to me that if fundie religious belief makes people like you more hateful, more reactionary and more anti-human, then what good is it?

Put up or shut up.

I post this because it is a view I had never heard before. As a Christian the hate thing is disturbing. I do believe Willy is wrong and I want your views on this to straighten me out. Is Willy right or not?

WillyWonka787 posts the following:
Why Do People Hate The Jews?

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:
Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
Outsiders -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."
Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.
Scapegoat -- Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness -

In the above post Willy used the term “hate” 12 times and he seems to be speaking for the Jewish people. Cleary he is wrong, Christians do not hate Jews. This is a demented look at life that does not exist in the real world. What is even more distorted is why he thinks Christians hate Jews.

WillyWonka787 goes on to say:
Anti-Semitism: 2000 Years of Christian Love
This is about the active hatred and oppression of Jews in history and at present.
The history of organized anti-Semitism is a history of Christian influence...

WillyWonka787 then explains the reason for anti-, its Christian based

Nearly every culture that came into contact with Western Christianity tolerated and accepted Jews until Christianity spread its violent anti-Jewish message across the West. Only with Christian principles was anti-semitism made possible.
No other religion has hated the Jews as much as Christian communities. Anti-Semitism spread from Christianity,

The above are not my words, they are Willy's words. As a Christian I must ask, what gives him this demented view, Christians do not hate Jews and never have, period.
What is your view on this?
I had to remove the link to Willy's words but they are his and if you email me I can provide the links that say it

:confused:

There are several radical white supremest groups that claim hate for jews for several of the reasons above. However, it is America's Christian heritage that contributes to our support of the nation of Israel.

Hollie, I think actions tell the real story. Let's compare the actions of my life to yours offline and see who the slave is. What do you do on a daily basis for anyone other than yourself? Your hatred for yourself and others seethes into your written words. Your lonely and loathsome life screams out every time you type a sentence.
Oh my, but we've employed the self serving claims to "fundie-dom" that you are deserving of special dispensations because of your religious beliefs.

It seems to me that if fundie religious belief makes people like you more hateful, more reactionary and more anti-human, then what good is it?

Put up or shut up.

You're still angry. I can understand that. It must be difficult to have made such a fool of yourself by claiming creation science relies on the same standards as peer reviewed science only to abandon that premise and identify the true (religious) agenda of creationism - ID.

I post this because it is a view I had never heard before. As a Christian the hate thing is disturbing. I do believe Willy is wrong and I want your views on this to straighten me out. Is Willy right or not?

Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
Outsiders -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness -

In the above post Willy used the term “hate” 12 times and he seems to be speaking for the Jewish people. Cleary he is wrong, Christians do not hate Jews. This is a demented look at life that does not exist in the real world. What is even more distorted is why he thinks Christians hate Jews.

This is about the active hatred and oppression of Jews in history and at present.

Nearly every culture that came into contact with Western Christianity tolerated and accepted Jews until Christianity spread its violent anti-Jewish message across the West. Only with Christian principles was anti-semitism made possible.
No other religion has hated the Jews as much as Christian communities. Anti-Semitism spread from Christianity,

The above are not my words, they are Willy's words. As a Christian I must ask, what gives him this demented view, Christians do not hate Jews and never have, period.
I had to remove the link to Willy's words but they are his and if you email me I can provide the links that say it

There are several radical white supremest groups that claim hate for jews for several of the reasons above. However, it is America's Christian heritage that contributes to our support of the nation of Israel.

I'm afraid the fundie is being predictably dishonest.

Christians historically have persecuted, killed, and oppressed non-Christians (particularly Jews) and have justified these acts based on their Christian teaching, faith and the Teachings of the Church Fathers. For example, the NT contains language that negatively depicts Jews, ie; "the synagogue of Satan", and all those who "deny Christ". The NT is clear that for those who "deny Christ", their fate is extinction and eternal damnation (excepting for the few who convert to Christianity in the end-times). Lovely!

In the days when the Church ascended to power under Roman Emperor Constantine, the Church debated whether to conduct a Holy Genocide against the Jews for the crime of deicide. (Saint) Augustine argued that the Jews should not be slain, but denied that they should they be able to live "in equality and harmony" with Christians.

Augustine identified Cain as a symbol of the Jews and his slain brother Abel as a preconfiguration of Jesus. For their guilt in the murder of Jesus, the Jews (like Cain) had been exiled from their land, and in exile they would continue to live—in sorrow, anxiety, and servitude—until the end of time.

This, according to Augustine, was God’s will, mandated by Psalm 59:12, “Slay them not, lest at any time they forget Your law; scatter them in Your might

You can quit with your strawman argument anytime now.
What strawman? My request for your explanation of this "God" thing of yours cannot by any means be considered an argument for or against anything ... let alone a strawman argument.

What is really going on here, is that you are as aware as I am that your "God" thing has as much validity in reality as the Easter Bunny.

The demonstrable reality of that fact is the most inconvenient fact of your superstitious Intelligent-Design theorizing. Which is why ID "science" is far more concerned with rhetorical attempts to "punch holes" in evolution, than actually doing some real science.

This is nothing more than a strawman argument.
It is no misrepresentation of your argument what-so-ever. Hence, it cannot be a strawman.

How many times can you go on about such a fallacious claim?
There is nothing false about it. Not in the least bit. If you disagree, demonstrate.

If you can try to address what was really said, I might respond to you but I will not entertain your false claims for what I was arguing.
You have said nothing. Your "argument" is that I'm a mental midget. I addressed it. Your response was a question-begging appeal to scripture.

OBVIOUSLY fallacious.

The fact of the matter is that you are as aware as I am that your "God" thing has as much validity in reality as the Easter Bunny.

The demonstrable reality of that fact, is the most inconvenient fact of your superstitious Intelligent-Design theorizing. Which is why ID "science" is far more concerned with rhetorical attempts to "punch holes" in evolution, than actually doing some real science.

If you actually had an explanation that was not one of the literally hundreds of self-contradictory, question-begging, special-pleading appeal-to-ignorance accounts of some "God" I have already been exposed to, you'd have produced it long ago.

You're not being coy, you're being a coward.

Put up or shut up.

You're still angry. I can understand that. It must be difficult to have made such a fool of yourself by claiming creation science relies on the same standards as peer reviewed science only to abandon that premise and identify the true (religious) agenda of creationism - ID.

You are so hopelessly lost you can't stay on topic for more than one post. I might have to do with the fact you never went to college.

Christians historically have persecuted, killed, and oppressed non-Christians (particularly Jews) and have justified these acts based on their Christian teaching, faith and the Teachings of the Church Fathers. For example, the NT contains language that negatively depicts Jews, ie; "the synagogue of Satan", and all those who "deny Christ". The NT is clear that for those who "deny Christ", their fate is extinction and eternal damnation (excepting for the few who convert to Christianity in the end-times). Lovely!

In the days when the Church ascended to power under Roman Emperor Constantine, the Church debated whether to conduct a Holy Genocide against the Jews for the crime of deicide. (Saint) Augustine argued that the Jews should not be slain, but denied that they should they be able to live "in equality and harmony" with Christians.

Augustine identified Cain as a symbol of the Jews and his slain brother Abel as a preconfiguration of Jesus. For their guilt in the murder of Jesus, the Jews (like Cain) had been exiled from their land, and in exile they would continue to live—in sorrow, anxiety, and servitude—until the end of time.

This, according to Augustine, was God’s will, mandated by Psalm 59:12, “Slay them not, lest at any time they forget Your law; scatter them in Your might

Please quit talking out your backside and post up some legitimate evidence for your LIES.

It is no misrepresentation of your argument what-so-ever. Hence, it cannot be a strawman.

How many times can you go on about such a fallacious claim?
There is nothing false about it. Not in the least bit. If you disagree, demonstrate.

If you can try to address what was really said, I might respond to you but I will not entertain your false claims for what I was arguing.
You have said nothing. Your "argument" is that I'm a mental midget. I addressed it. Your response was a question-begging appeal to scripture.

OBVIOUSLY fallacious.

The fact of the matter is that you are as aware as I am that your "God" thing has as much validity in reality as the Easter Bunny.

The demonstrable reality of that fact, is the most inconvenient fact of your superstitious Intelligent-Design theorizing. Which is why ID "science" is far more concerned with rhetorical attempts to "punch holes" in evolution, than actually doing some real science.

If you actually had an explanation that was not one of the literally hundreds of self-contradictory, question-begging, special-pleading appeal-to-ignorance accounts of some "God" I have already been exposed to, you'd have produced it long ago.

Still waiting. Re-posting the same strawman over and over isn't going to make it anymore valid. Are you the guy that thinks talking louder will make someone who doesn't understand English understand you better?? :lol:

Last edited:

OBVIOUSLY fallacious.

Still waiting.
For what?

Re-posting the same strawman over and over isn't going to make it anymore valid.
Identify the strawman.

Are you the guy that thinks talking louder will make someone who doesn't understand English understand you better?? :lol:
No.

I'm the guy asking for information.

Are you the guy who who won't provide the information because he declares the request a strawman?:lol:

Please quit talking out your backside and post up some legitimate evidence for your LIES.
Oh, you poor fundie. You're upset to find that the hate you have for yourself and others derives from your religious beliefs.

OBVIOUSLY fallacious.

Still waiting.
For what?

Re-posting the same strawman over and over isn't going to make it anymore valid.
Identify the strawman.

Here you go... :lol:

Why do I have to explain or validate your strawman?

Last edited:

Oh, you poor fundie. You're upset to find that the hate you have for yourself and others derives from your religious beliefs.

Typical lame response that doesn't address the issue.

I'm not responsible for addressing your anger and self hate issues. These appear to be deep seated problems. People such as yourself often use religion as a balm that only covers, but doesn't cure, a major personality wound. Forgive your fundie family members for the emotional and traumatic damage they have caused you. Leave the fold of Harun Yahya and invest in some education.

You can thank me later.

I'm not responsible for addressing your anger and self hate issues. These appear to be deep seated problems. People such as yourself often use religion as a balm that only covers, but doesn't cure, a major personality wound. Forgive your fundie family members for the emotional and traumatic damage they have caused you. Leave the fold of Harun Yahya and invest in some education.

You can thank me later.

Hello??? McFly??? I am talking about supporting documentation for asserting Christianity is responsible for Antisemitism. Geeezzz! Are you really so clueless that you can't stay on track for two posts???? Might be because you didn't go to college.

"Human prehistory has descended into a state of chaos which can only be described as farcical. New research, summarized in an October 2012 review by Aylwyn Scally and Richard Durbin (“Revising the human mutation rate: implications for the understanding human evolution” in Nature Reviews Genetics 13:745-753, doi:10.1038/nrg3295) suggests that the molecular clock used to date events in hominid prehistory may run more slowly than previously thought, and at variable speeds, throwing the timetable of evolutionary events into confusion.

The new research has staggering implications for the date of the split between the lineage leading to orangutans in Asia and the line leading to humans, chimps and gorillas in Africa: it’s been revised from 13-14 million years ago to anywhere from 34 to 46 million years ago – an impossible result that has researchers scratching their heads."

New research points to a 40 million-year-old split between the ancestors of humans and orangutans | Uncommon Descent

"The data show that birds and mammals at Rancho La Brea show complete stasis and were unresponsive to the major climate change that occurred at 20 ka, consistent with other studies of Pleistocene animals and plants. Most explanations for such stasis (stabilizing selection, canalization) fail in this setting where climate is changing. One possible explanation is that most large birds and mammals are very broadly adapted and relatively insensitive to changes in their environments, although even the small mammals of the Pleistocene show stasis."

"I work at the other end of the size spectrum, on protein molecules rather than whole animals. It’s interesting that attempts to catch evolution in the act of doing the amazing things that the textbooks attribute to it seem to fail at both ends of the spectrum."

Douglas Axe: “Tar Pit Study Shows Complete Absence of Evolutionary Change” | Uncommon Descent

You can thank me later.

Hello??? McFly??? I am talking about supporting documentation for asserting Christianity is responsible for Antisemitism. Geeezzz! Are you really so clueless that you can't stay on track for two posts???? Might be because you didn't go to college.

Your lack of ability to focus may have something to do with your abysmal lack of a college education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back