Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I am just showing you and daws don't know what you are talking about.

That's laughable, really. The terminology, syntax and vocabulary you use when describing the subject matter of biology just screams of amateur.

Oh Hollie, once you read and find out that I am right and you are wrong again,then tell me how the virus takes over the host cell, come back and tell me how it takes over the host cell ? and also tell me why it takes over the host cell ?

Oh Mr. fundie, once you read and find out a bit of biology that is not tainted by what you cut and paste from creationist ministries, come back and tell us what you found.

Both Hollie and daws has disappeared why oh why ?

Not disappeared, just understanding your demonstrated dishonesty as it applies to your history of falsified "quotes".

Dodge !

Oh Hollie, once you read and find out that I am right and you are wrong again,then tell me how the virus takes over the host cell, come back and tell me how it takes over the host cell ? and also tell me why it takes over the host cell ?

That's laughable, really. The terminology, syntax and vocabulary you use when describing the subject matter of biology just screams of amateur.

Oh Mr. fundie, once you read and find out a bit of biology that is not tainted by what you cut and paste from creationist ministries, come back and tell us what you found.

Oh Mr. fundie, you're stuttering.

Are you hoping to use your religious views to assault people?

Do you want to read from a nonreligious source here you go.

a virus can insert its genetic material into its host, literally taking over the host's functions. An infected cell produces more viral protein and genetic material instead of its usual products. Some viruses may remain dormant inside host cells for long periods, causing no obvious change in their host cells (a stage known as the lysogenic phase). But when a dormant virus is stimulated, it enters the lytic phase: new viruses are formed, self-assemble, and burst out of the host cell, killing the cell and going on to infect other cells. The diagram below at right shows a virus that attacks bacteria, known as the lambda bacteriophage, which measures roughly 200 nanometers.

Introduction to the Viruses

Not far into this exchange and you have already lost ,not surprising you bigot.

a virus can insert its genetic material into its host, literally taking over the host's functions. An infected cell produces more viral protein and genetic material instead of its usual products. Some viruses may remain dormant inside host cells for long periods, causing no obvious change in their host cells (a stage known as the lysogenic phase). But when a dormant virus is stimulated, it enters the lytic phase: new viruses are formed, self-assemble, and burst out of the host cell, killing the cell and going on to infect other cells. The diagram below at right shows a virus that attacks bacteria, known as the lambda bacteriophage, which measures roughly 200 nanometers.

What exactly have I lost?

And what "exchange" have you imagined is taking place?

Oh Mr. fundie. You "such silly boy".

You said the virus does not take control of the host cell remember ? Why does the virus need the host cell hollie ?

You said the virus does not take control of the host cell remember ? Why does the virus need the host cell hollie ?
I don't recall that. Probably because I never wrote that.

Do you recall I scolded you just a few posts prior to this one regarding your propensity for falsified "quotes"?

What do you mean the black plague reached its limit and then died out? What limit? Viruses do not have a time limit on their viability. They will continue to spread and infect forever, if they can find hosts, and don't kill their hosts before they can be spread. This is why the ebola virus actually isn't a huge threat. It kills too quickly. AIDS is more effective, because it incubation period is very long, and shows no symptoms for a long time.

Virus' are not considered life, but they are self-replicating in the right conditions (a host), and as such, are able to mutate. I am demonstrating that which you asked about, mutation and natural selection. The mutation of a virus is what allows virus to be passed from animal to humans, which is where plagues nearly always come from- animals.

I could easily talk of a bacterial plagues, as opposed to virues, which are living things, and which mutated to be able to inhabit humans, from having inhabited animals. It is our proximity to animals in slaughterhouses and farms that have caused almost every plague known throughout history. These virus' or bacterial infections must mutate to be able to infect humans. This is an increase an fitness, by the way.

I have a very hard time believing you were a molecular biologist with statements like the one quoted above, unless I simply misinterpreted what you were actually trying to say.

Everything has a limit to adapting and everytime it mutates it can get stronger but eventually the mutations will make the virus weaker.
That makes no sense. The mutation of a virus is often the result of stimulus from the host. The resulting strain is not necessarily stronger or weaker but has adapted to external conditions.

Remarkably, you explicitly define one of the basic principles of evolution, yet you can't allow yourself the intellectual integrity to admit that. To do so would immediately thrust you into a contradiction with your alleged supernatural realms where everything is reduced to the slogan, "the gawds did it".

Here it is hollie, unless you don't understand what you wrote. The host is no longer in control of its chemical machines,the machines are used by the virus to reproduce itself so who would be stimulating the mutation ?

Last edited:

I don't recall that. Probably because I never wrote that.

Do you recall I scolded you just a few posts prior to this one regarding your propensity for falsified "quotes"?

Trying to change the subject hollie ?

Everything has a limit to adapting and everytime it mutates it can get stronger but eventually the mutations will make the virus weaker.
That makes no sense. The mutation of a virus is often the result of stimulus from the host. The resulting strain is not necessarily stronger or weaker but has adapted to external conditions.

Remarkably, you explicitly define one of the basic principles of evolution, yet you can't allow yourself the intellectual integrity to admit that. To do so would immediately thrust you into a contradiction with your alleged supernatural realms where everything is reduced to the slogan, "the gawds did it".

Here it is hollie, unless you don't understand what you wrote. The host is no longer in control of its chemical machines,the machines are used by the virus to reproduce itself so who would be stimulating the mutation ?
Apparently, you don't understand what you write. What machines are you writing about?

Apparently, you don't understand what you write. What machines are you writing about?

If you knew anything about molecular biology you would understand what chemical machines I am speaking of.

In the lytic cycle, the virus reproduces itself using the host cell's chemical machinery. The red spiral lines in the drawing indicate the virus's genetic material. The orange portion is the outer shell that protects it.

HowStuffWorks "How Viruses Work"

If you knew anything about molecular biology you would understand what chemical machines I am speaking of.

In the lytic cycle, the virus reproduces itself using the host cell's chemical machinery. The red spiral lines in the drawing indicate the virus's genetic material. The orange portion is the outer shell that protects it.

If you knew anything about biology, you would be uncomfortable about using the terms "machines" in connection wth biological mechanisms.

Are you thinking your motives aren't obvious and contrived?

So tell us, "who" do you think would be stimulating the mutation. Does this "who" have name?

If you knew anything about biology, you would be uncomfortable about using the terms "machines" in connection wth biological mechanisms.

Hollie I said school is out but I will respond to this. The only reason why the term machines disturbs you is you know machines are a product of design. If you notice the source it was not a creationist. Let's not forget who schooled who today so don't you worry about my knowledge of biology if anyone should be worried I would say it is you.

So tell us, "who" do you think would be stimulating the mutation. Does this "who" have name?

Ok one more response so I don't leave you hanging. Just because a virus takes over a cell does not mean it will mutate it is better if it mutates because if it mutates it will get weaker. The problem with a virus is when they invade a host cell they take over and reproduce and destroy the cell after reproduction releasing sometimes new viruses and stronger viruses to infect other host cells.

Hollie I said school is out but I will respond to this. The only reason why the term machines disturbs you is you know machines are a product of design. If you notice the source it was not a creationist. Let's not forget who schooled who today so don't you worry about my knowledge of biology if anyone should be worried I would say it is you.

It's a shame that school is out because you seem to have missed so much of the important subject matter.

I think what disturbs you is that your agenda is so obvious it pre-announces itself. Your silly attempt at slight-of-hand with use of the term "machine" was as predictable as, well, as predictable as you making silly attempts at slight-of-hand with use of the term "machine".

Did you notice your source was not creationist? Good gawd, man, there may be hope for you yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back