Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to flame with the "angry fundie", persona. I gave you a reasonable explanation ( personality derived from chemical processes in the brain) to what you want to attach metaphysics, mysticism and the mumbo- jumbo of gawds and spirit worlds.

It seems fundies instantly get angry when their sacred cows are yanked by the nose ring.

The only person flaming is you. With every post you write.

Without your snide remarks and asinine insults, you wouldn't have much to say.

I understood your ramblings perfectly. You do not believe that humans have a soul.

Again, I'm not nor have I been angry. Fact is I find your childish ways quite entertaining. I just hope you don't miss milk and cookie time or nap time.

I just find it curious that fundies get so angry when challenged. Sacred cows are fine for supporting religious belief but under the glaring light of education, those cows tend to shrink.

You might be interested to find that cows milk is not all its cracked up to be. This "soul" thing you allege is not what you "believe" it to be. Did you realize that NDE's can be reproduced by the introduction of chemicals in the brain? How curious.

near-death experience (NDE) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Again, for the third time. I am not angry.

Why do you want me to be angry? Would it make you feel better if I was?

I have no idea what cow's milk has to do with this discussion. I guess it's your way of pettifogging the issue. Or maybe it makes you feel like your smart or something. Fact is it makes you look desperate and weak.

Even the link you provided recognizes the human soul. So if it was meant to support your idea that humans do not possess a soul. It didn't work.

It's not just you, daws. In my experience, 'alternate" reality is typical of fundie Christians. There is the unmistakable self-righteous and self-promoting attitude that grips fundies. Their claim to holding some moral and ethical high ground is so often contradicted by their behavior that depicts a groundswell of hate, self-doubt and insecurity.

My expectation is that if religion is so beneficial that it must be forced on all (as is the belief of many fundies), then it might follow that adherents to it should be better people. If religious beliefs make you less tolerant, more hateful then of what good is it?

Funny how you, Daws, and NP all allowed your prejudicial worldview to read things into my post that weren't there. By all means, please quote where I judged anyone or said I was better than anyone here. I'm waiting.

Funny how you are now side- stepping and backtracking on your cut and paste.

Funny how you didn't back up your accusation with an actual quote from me.

Your comments depict a typical lack of knowledge regarding the science of evolution or more likely, a willful misrepresentation of what you choose to misrepresent.

Your comments are in concert with what is barfed out of creationist ministries. Such allegiance to lies and falsehoods calls into question your personal credibility.

I asked you for an example of your accusation.

Previously supplied.

Typical untruthful dodge.

I understood your ramblings perfectly. You do not believe that humans have a soul.

Again, I'm not nor have I been angry. Fact is I find your childish ways quite entertaining. I just hope you don't miss milk and cookie time or nap time.

I just find it curious that fundies get so angry when challenged. Sacred cows are fine for supporting religious belief but under the glaring light of education, those cows tend to shrink.

You might be interested to find that cows milk is not all its cracked up to be. This "soul" thing you allege is not what you "believe" it to be. Did you realize that NDE's can be reproduced by the introduction of chemicals in the brain? How curious.

I have no idea what cow's milk has to do with this discussion. I guess it's your way of pettifogging the issue. Or maybe it makes you feel like your smart or something. Fact is it makes you look desperate and weak.

Even the link you provided recognizes the human soul. So if it was meant to support your idea that humans do not possess a soul. It didn't work.

You claim not to be angry but you do "read" angry. Also, you may need to review the link regarding a recognition of the "soul." Any claim to souls being extant would require corroboration and I see none.

You seem to be angry that anyone would disagree with your religious belief which includes appeals to such mystical and supernatural concepts as "souls". Yet, this soul thing seems entirely a function of chemical reactions in the brain. It wasn't all that long ago when Christians would burn people at the stake for being possessed by demons or the devil. With the advent of psychiatry and drugs, we learned that the messy practice of burning at the stake was unnecessary. Treatment for possession by demons and devils has gotten more sophisticated and more effective. That's not intended dissuade you from believing in demons and devils, btw.

Strange, though, with all the claims to gawds, demons, possession by devils and claims to souls, we're still left with not a single bit of evidence for any of the preceding. That is, of course, unless you can enlighten us as to thus "soul" thing you claim exists.

Are you not a lord of Harun Yahya? Maybe just a "minister of misinformation". With practice, you may soon be promoted to "Cardinal of Crackpots".

I can appreciate that you recoil when your sacred cows of creationist dogma are refuted by science fact but supermagicalism is hardly something that will cause you to be taken seriously.

Until you're adult enough to have an adult discussion I will ignore your rhetorical posts.
Yep. Hit'em with the truth and fundies run for the exits.

You truly are delusional!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Funny how you, Daws, and NP all allowed your prejudicial worldview to read things into my post that weren't there. By all means, please quote where I judged anyone or said I was better than anyone here. I'm waiting.

Funny how you are now side- stepping and backtracking on your cut and paste.

Funny how you didn't back up your accusation with an actual quote from me.

Funnier still is your unsupported claim. But then again, as a Christian, you have self-proclaimed "higher" morals.

There's no reason to flame with the "angry fundie", persona. I gave you a reasonable explanation ( personality derived from chemical processes in the brain) to what you want to attach metaphysics, mysticism and the mumbo- jumbo of gawds and spirit worlds.

It seems fundies instantly get angry when their sacred cows are yanked by the nose ring.

Curious that the angriest person on this thread is always accusing everyone else of being angry. You know what they say, "You can't smell your own stink."

What? You expect Hawly to actual read here cut and pastes??? :lol::lol::lol:

Curious that the angriest person on this thread is always accusing everyone else of being angry. You know what they say, "You can't smell your own stink."

You would know more about that than others would.

You claim not to be angry but you do "read" angry....

Your personal bias and prejudice is clouding your judgement. You are projecting your own deep-seated anger onto others posts.

I know you are but what am I? I think Lonestar was right about the milk and cookies.

You claim not to be angry but you do "read" angry....

Your personal bias and prejudice is clouding your judgement. You are projecting your own deep-seated anger onto others posts.

Actually, no. What we're seeing is the seething anger that grips Christian fundies when their religious biases are exposed and challenged.

I know you are but what am I? I think Lonestar was right about the milk and cookies.

Your juvenile response essentially encapsulates the Christian creationist ability to defend an argument.

Last edited:

You claim not to be angry but you do "read" angry. Also, you may need to review the link regarding a recognition of the "soul." Any claim to souls being extant would require corroboration and I see none.

You seem to be angry that anyone would disagree with your religious belief which includes appeals to such mystical and supernatural concepts as "souls". Yet, this soul thing seems entirely a function of chemical reactions in the brain. It wasn't all that long ago when Christians would burn people at the stake for being possessed by demons or the devil. With the advent of psychiatry and drugs, we learned that the messy practice of burning at the stake was unnecessary. Treatment for possession by demons and devils has gotten more sophisticated and more effective. That's not intended dissuade you from believing in demons and devils, btw.

Strange, though, with all the claims to gawds, demons, possession by devils and claims to souls, we're still left with not a single bit of evidence for any of the preceding. That is, of course, unless you can enlighten us as to thus "soul" thing you claim exists.

I read angry? What does that even mean?

You need to read the link you provided. It's there plain as day it acknowldeged a human soul.

You haven't disagreed with any of the questions. You answered it in your own strange way. The question about the human soul you said you didn't believe humans had a soul. It's your opinion that it's all in the mind.

I don't know about all that burning at the stake, possessions and the like. I asked a question, you answered it. Enough said.

You need to read the link you provided. It's there plain as day it acknowldeged a human soul.

You haven't disagreed with any of the questions. You answered it in your own strange way. The question about the human soul you said you didn't believe humans had a soul. It's your opinion that it's all in the mind.

I don't know about all that burning at the stake, possessions and the like. I asked a question, you answered it. Enough said.
You seem have lost track of your own argument. When you ask questions of " evolutionist idiots", it tends to suggest a certain anger and resentment.

If you read the article, you will notice that you're referring to an acknowledgement not made by the author regarding thus "soul", thing. Did you happen to notice that the drug ketamine can reproduce the NDE experience that is connected with this 'soul", thing?

Lastly, I think you should have noticed that I actually do disagree with your questions alluding to this "soul' you believe exists but cannot demonstrate in any meaningful way.

It would be helpful if you could link to any major teaching university hospital or research institute that could provide some data on the 'soul".

You seem have lost track of your own argument. When you ask questions of " evolutionist idiots", it tends to suggest a certain anger and resentment.

If you read the article, you will notice that you're referring to an acknowledgement not made by the author regarding thus "soul", thing. Did you happen to notice that the drug ketamine can reproduce the NDE experience that is connected with this 'soul", thing?

Lastly, I think you should have noticed that I actually do disagree with your questions alluding to this "soul' you believe exists but cannot demonstrate in any meaningful way.

It would be helpful if you could link to any major teaching university hospital or research institute that could provide some data on the 'soul".

Yes I'm aware of who I asked questions to. And you obliged me with your answer.

I use the word idiot not out of anger or resentment but because it's an accurate description. IMO

I read the entire article. And it did acknowledge a soul. I'll concede they did their best to explain it away. But they managed to leave you with more questions than answers.

I've always been skeptical of skeptics.

Here's an interesting article from Psychology Today

Does The Soul Exist? Evidence Says ‘Yes’...New scientific theory recognizes life’s spiritual dimension

Fact is, you cannot admit to there being a soul because then you would have to then acknowledge a higher power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back