Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need to keep reading.

I'm not talking about dating objects by their type or design. I specifically mentioned radiometric dating which is very accurate.

...Within the miniscule time line of dated events. If we laid out the history of the earth time line on a straight road and let known human history be represented by one foot, the rest of earth's history would stretch out behind that foot for 150 miles!!!!! So in theory, you are examining phenomenon inside the one foot and claiming it continues for 100 miles. See the definition for extrapolation above. Only the blinded Darwinists aren't aware of the limitations of dating methods. Of course I am not a young earth Creationist. I believe the earth is 3.5 to 4 Billion years old. Nevertheless, I do realize the scientific limitations of radiometric dating, as well as other dating methods.

As do I. And if you were talking about dating one object I might agree that the evidence is not conclusive. Even 10 objects has some margin of error.

But when you are talking about dating hundreds, or thousands or even tens of thousands of objects, which has been done, the argument becomes shit.

Your assumption is flawed. If you are using a flawed methodology, then the sheer number of times said methodology is used has no bearing on its validity.

So WHY did god create the universe and the world? IDers must have a theory. :popcorn:

I believe God ultimately wanted to become a human and interact with His creation on an intimate level. I believe God created the universe to express eternity in a way humans might visualize it.

So WHY did god create the universe and the world? IDers must have a theory. :popcorn:

I believe God ultimately wanted to become a human and interact with His creation on an intimate level. I believe God created the universe to express eternity in a way humans might visualize it.

But why create humans in the first place? So they can behave and be chosen to go live with god when they die? Why not just not make the universe in the first place, then everyone could live with god. Please try to make some sense.

But why create humans in the first place? So they can behave and be chosen to go live with god when they die? Why not just not make the universe in the first place, then everyone could live with god. Please try to make some sense.

God created a place where we could freely choose him. What worth is love from a zombie or robot that has no other choice? Theologians have been wrestling with these topics for thousands of years. You are not the first to question such things. I think if you really wanted answers you could find them. Books by CS Lewis would be a good place to start. The truth of the matter is, I don't think your question was really in search of the truth. Like others here, it is a taunt or attack. There are enough books on the topic to fill a huge library so if you really seek the truth, then why not seriously go look for it?

Last edited:

God created a place where we could freely choose him. What worth is love from a zombie or robot that has no other choice? Theologians have been wrestling with these topics for thousands of years. You are not the first to question such things. I think if you really wanted answers you could find them. Books by CS Lewis would be a good place to start. The truth of the matter is, I don't think your question was really in search of the truth. Like others here, it is a taunt or attack. There are enough books on the topic to fill a huge library so if you really seek the truth, then why not seriously go look for it?

That makes no sense. If god wanted us to choose him, why give us the choice? And why punish anyone who doesn't choose him? That's cuckoo.

That makes no sense. If god wanted us to choose him, why give us the choice? And why punish anyone who doesn't choose him? That's cuckoo.

Man has been guided by laws and choices since his beginning.

What is the point of choices and laws ?

Nicely stated.

Quite clearly, there is no "choice". There is only a coercive and really ugly threat: “Believe in me and have an eternity of paradise… or… refuse and suffer searing flesh and eternal torment.

How nice!

From the Mafioso Book of the Dead:

“Make em’ an offer he can’t refuse”

Man has been guided by laws and choices since his beginning.

What is the point of choices and laws ?
the continuation of the species.
without them you'd still be a cannibal...

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were no to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.

Last edited:

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were no to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.
there is no evidence that any of the previous statement is fact....
the human form is not and never has been perfect....it has major design flaws, is highly susceptible to disease and damage..

How the hell does someone seriously believe the earth is 6000 years old?

Meh. It baffles me.

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also
teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction."
..........Judith Haye:eek:

there is no evidence that any of the previous statement is fact....
the human form is not and never has been perfect....it has major design flaws, is highly susceptible to disease and damage..

Nip, by your response I'd say that you probably have mental problems. I suggest that you get it checked just to be safe.

How do you know?

How do you know?
the short answer ....he /she doesn't, great fairy tale though.

How do you know?

That's just it. They want it to be true really bad.

When you've spent decades giving to the church, investing your time and so much energy into the idea that you are building up a spiritual savings account (only what's done for christ will last), it's a hard thing, damn near impossible really, to look at the situation objectively and even entertain the notion that you were duped.

It's like the wife finding out her loving husband has been cheating on her for years, she really doesn't want to believe it.

And it is comforting to think you will live forever. It's a lovely thought that you will get to see beloved family members again in the next life. The man in the sky who loves you and looks out for you (accept when he doesn't because his ways are mysterious) can make you feel better.

Problem is, it's all delusion. And it is so obvious to the outsider. If I were to come up with a similar story and claim it as truth, people would laugh at me. Call me a liar. That's how it started for Joseph Smith and Charles Russel. And most christians still do look at mormons and jehovah's witnesses that way. At least until one of them decided to run for president. *boggle

How do you know?

That's just it. They want it to be true really bad.

When you've spent decades giving to the church, investing your time and so much energy into the idea that you are building up a spiritual savings account (only what's done for christ will last), it's a hard thing, damn near impossible really, to look at the situation objectively and even entertain the notion that you were duped.

It's like the wife finding out her loving husband has been cheating on her for years, she really doesn't want to believe it.

And it is comforting to think you will live forever. It's a lovely thought that you will get to see beloved family members again in the next life. The man in the sky who loves you and looks out for you (accept when he doesn't because his ways are mysterious) can make you feel better.

Problem is, it's all delusion. And it is so obvious to the outsider. If I were to come up with a similar story and claim it as truth, people would laugh at me. Call me a liar. That's how it started for Joseph Smith and Charles Russel. And most christians still do look at mormons and jehovah's witnesses that way. At least until one of them decided to run for president. *boggle
I grew up Mormon so you're preaching to the choir..(pun intended)

Meh. It baffles me.

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also

This is apples and oranges. We know how a baby is procreated and this is substantiated by the Bible. Man knew thousands of years ago what it took to have a baby. There is revealed documented evidence regarding Creation. The is no absolute proof that uniformitarianism and evolution are how man appeared on this planet. There is cause to believe that there is GOD. There is no proof that man or history is the result of the roll of the dice. Everything is interconnected. All one needs to do is study history to see how this caused that and that caused this. It is like there are forces at work.

Meh. It baffles me.

This is apples and oranges. We know how a baby is procreated and this is substantiated by the Bible. Man knew thousands of years ago what it took to have a baby. There is revealed documented evidence regarding Creation. The is no absolute proof that uniformitarianism and evolution are how man appeared on this planet. There is cause to believe that there is GOD. There is no proof that man or history is the result of the roll of the dice. Everything is interconnected. All one needs to do is study history to see how this caused that and that caused this. It is like there are forces at work.
:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were not to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.

How do you know?
I see the world around me. I see that those who really love the Lord have faith and are kind (not perfect) and loving. They are not swayed by every little fad that comes along. I look at US history and see both punishment and reward, just as appears in the Bible. I see that various religions either help or hurt people in general as they move biblically or unbiblically. I see that atheism has made people change to be indifferent. I also see that people who say they are servants of GOD, but in fact are only interested in wealth and power, are no different than atheists (perhaps even worse) as they manipulate and contrive to control. I see that the prophetic message of the Bible actually seems to be right on target.

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were not to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.

How do you know?
I see the world around me. I see that those who really love the Lord have faith and are kind (not perfect) and loving. They are not swayed by every little fad that comes along. I look at US history and see both punishment and reward, just as appears in the Bible. I see that various religions either help or hurt people in general as they move biblically or unbiblically. I see that atheism has made people change to be indifferent. I also see that people who say they are servants of GOD, but in fact are only interested in wealth and power, are no different than atheists (perhaps even worse) as they manipulate and contrive to control. I see that the prophetic message of the Bible actually seems to be right on target.
none of this statement has anything to do with the question asked.

it's like an answering machine message..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back