Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell does someone seriously believe the earth is 6000 years old?

Meh. It baffles me.

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also
teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction."
..........Judith Haye:eek:

This is apples and oranges. We know how a baby is procreated and this is substantiated by the Bible. Man knew thousands of years ago what it took to have a baby. There is revealed documented evidence regarding Creation. The is no absolute proof that uniformitarianism and evolution are how man appeared on this planet. There is cause to believe that there is GOD. There is no proof that man or history is the result of the roll of the dice. Everything is interconnected. All one needs to do is study history to see how this caused that and that caused this. It is like there are forces at work.

Mary was a virgin according to the bible, so either she only got assfucked by Joseph and some of his sperm dribbled down into her vagina, or else what could it be? :dunno:

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also

This is apples and oranges. We know how a baby is procreated and this is substantiated by the Bible. Man knew thousands of years ago what it took to have a baby. There is revealed documented evidence regarding Creation. The is no absolute proof that uniformitarianism and evolution are how man appeared on this planet. There is cause to believe that there is GOD. There is no proof that man or history is the result of the roll of the dice. Everything is interconnected. All one needs to do is study history to see how this caused that and that caused this. It is like there are forces at work.

Mary was a virgin according to the bible, so either she only got assfucked by Joseph and some of his sperm dribbled down into her vagina, or else what could it be? :dunno:
if it was emaculate conception, did god by her dinner first?

I believe God ultimately wanted to become a human and interact with His creation on an intimate level. I believe God created the universe to express eternity in a way humans might visualize it.

But why create humans in the first place? So they can behave and be chosen to go live with god when they die? Why not just not make the universe in the first place, then everyone could live with god. Please try to make some sense.

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were no to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.

The claim that a god exists is impossible to prove, or even to find evidence specifically in support or in contradiction. And the addition of unverified events and people (or places) doesn't help that in any way.

God did create perfect humans and allowed them to do whatever they desired. There was only one thing they were no to do, and that is to eat of the forbidden fruit. Now God allowed this to Adam & Eve because He was aware that choice would result in humans who were not perfect, but many would choose to listen to God and depend on Him --- given that future. God is going to make a new universe and destroy the old one. Everyone who accepted God's love (Christ) will then have their memory erased and will be sealed (as were the angels who did not side with Lucifer were sealed). Then all these will live with God and be as God desired them to be in God's new universe.
there is no evidence that any of the previous statement is fact....
the human form is not and never has been perfect....it has major design flaws, is highly susceptible to disease and damage..

Nip, by your response I'd say that you probably have mental problems. I suggest that you get it checked just to be safe.

I believe that those who do not see God in nature are stupidly blind. I plainly see cause and affect played out even in the news. Non-believers scoff at conspiracy theory; however, I know that evil is in a heated battle to overpower good. The conspiracy is to say such is not the case.

the human form is not and never has been perfect....it has major design flaws, is highly susceptible to disease and damage..

Nip, by your response I'd say that you probably have mental problems. I suggest that you get it checked just to be safe.

I believe that those who do not see God in nature are stupidly blind. I plainly see cause and affect played out even in the news. Non-believers scoff at conspiracy theory; however, I know that evil is in a heated battle to overpower good. The conspiracy is to say such is not the case.

Very simply, that people behave as they do and think as they do, and that some are given over to slightly melodramatic descriptions of such does not mean that there is a god or a devil, or that there is any great conflict between good and evil, in the context of the figures and events described by your religion.

It may be true that civilized society seeks to repress certain primal aspects of human nature, and perhaps particular aspects more than others, but to describe the tendency of many people and society at large to ignore our baser nature as a 'conspiracy' is a bit hyperbolic.

Human nature can be as it is, people can act as they do, without there being a god or any other religious entity, or without any sequence of events described or predicted by Christianity in general having happened or being inevitable, respectively.

So why would god make a universe with evil in it? Why not just leave that shit out? :dunno:

Well, yeah. Anyone who doesn’t believe in the gawds that you believe in must be stupid.

Personally, I believe that the cost of spreading knowledge, science and critical thinking, (with the acknowledgement that for some, fear and superstition will never relinquish their stranglehold on the fearful and superstitious), is the bitter spite of ineffectual, hateful, naysaying cynics, (such as yourself, for example), is definitely worth every penny.

Well, yeah. Anyone who doesn’t believe in the gawds that you believe in must be stupid.

Personally, I believe that the cost of spreading knowledge, science and critical thinking, (with the acknowledgement that for some, fear and superstition will never relinquish their stranglehold on the fearful and superstitious), is the bitter spite of ineffectual, hateful, naysaying cynics, (such as yourself, for example), is definitely worth every penny.
Knowledge without future is futile. And only God provides a reason for existance. Hateful is making light of faith and trying to take hope from the hopeful.

Knowledge without future is futile. And only God provides a reason for existance. Hateful is making light of faith and trying to take hope from the hopeful.
So we can all die and be with him, what a great reason!!!!

wtf? is it just me or does this :"Knowledge without future is futile"- Ln. make absolutely no sense.

That you feel futility, that you feel as though you are hated, in some fashion, in some scope, that you might otherwise feel like your life has no meaning, these things are irrelevant to what is true and what is not.

And what is true is that, give the most common definition of the Christian god, it is too insubstantial to be proven, or specifically evidenced or contradicted. But if you simply were to define it with reference to what you feel, and i'm sure you do, that you feel anything in particular, in whatever sense, does not mean there is any existential being that exists anywhere.

That you feel futility, that you feel as though you are hated, in some fashion, in some scope, that you might otherwise feel like your life has no meaning, these things are irrelevant to what is true and what is not.

And what is true is that, give the most common definition of the Christian god, it is too insubstantial to be proven, or specifically evidenced or contradicted. But if you simply were to define it with reference to what you feel, and i'm sure you do, that you feel anything in particular, in whatever sense, does not mean there is any existential being that exists anywhere.

The continued existance of the JEW is the human proof of God's promise. The Messiah (The Lord Jesus Christ) is the incarnate proof of God's Love . Christians are the continuous work of God's will.

This is the age old notion of "without god, man is worthless". A statement that is debunked daily by men of science. Atheism does not make a person care less about his friends and family. It does not make the golden rule any less affective or important.

I thoroughly enjoy life. I do more than my share of community service. I take care of my family and have raised good kids. All without god.

The continued existance of the JEW is the human proof of God's promise. The Messiah (The Lord Jesus Christ) is the incarnate proof of God's Love . Christians are the continuous work of God's will.
are you pontificating or proselytizing ...I get the two mixed up sometimes?

This is the maturity level of the non-believer.

Very simply, that people behave as they do and think as they do, and that some are given over to slightly melodramatic descriptions of such does not mean that there is a god or a devil, or that there is any great conflict between good and evil, in the context of the figures and events described by your religion.

It may be true that civilized society seeks to repress certain primal aspects of human nature, and perhaps particular aspects more than others, but to describe the tendency of many people and society at large to ignore our baser nature as a 'conspiracy' is a bit hyperbolic.

Human nature can be as it is, people can act as they do, without there being a god or any other religious entity, or without any sequence of events described or predicted by Christianity in general having happened or being inevitable, respectively.

The same could be said about those who believe in macroevolution,now what ?

If you truly promoted critical thinking you would not easily dismiss a designer with no evidence. :eusa_whistle:

That's just stupid.

Of course the rest of us have a reason for existence (e not a). It's our children, our community, the people we care about.

I still see life as a wondrously rare and awesome thing. I don't need god for any part of it.

God simply makes for better excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back