Crime Story: Democracy

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-profiteerism parable inspired by the urban-paranoia films King of New York and Fresh.

Cheers,

====

Kingpin was America's most diabolical crime-boss and underworld titan and was compared to Boss Tweed and Al Capone. Deadpool was America's most unpredictable vigilante and an all-around shocking 'anti-hero,' a loudmouth who combined unruly force with righteous convictions. The Devil (Satan) watched from a distance as Kingpin and Deadpool made symbolic battles (vying for cultural dominion) in the streets of America's commerce-centric cities. Satan predicted rather shrewdly that there could be only one outcome in a proverbial battle-of-wits in a capitalism-ornamented arena --- tragedy.

Kingpin was managing an elaborate opium-smuggling operation that stretched from Amsterdam to Hong Kong to Chicago. Shipments of the drugs would come in and park in San Francisco's harbors, and sometimes, there would be random crimes involving Kingpin's ghouls having to use force to ensure the smooth and efficient transport of the opium. Deadpool tried to horn his way into this seedy 'efficiency-labyrinth' and make a big stink for the American journalists/reporters to cite (to bring down Kingpin's aura of 'profiteerism-domination' efficiency).

Kingpin spotted Deadpool trying to make trouble and grabbed one of his own goons and held him at gunpoint and threatened to shoot him if Deadpool did not leave and allow the opium-transfer to continue as planned. Deadpool was surprised that Kingpin would use one of his own men as a morality-hostage token but was not surprised that capitalism and profiteerism-gauged crime in modern America would lead to such a terrible 'stand-off.' Deadpool decided to try to engage Kingpin in some kind of 'morality-debate' at least to curb the currently emanating notion that pedestrians in the modern world were more-or-less 'hostages' to capitalism-barons' and crime-profiteers' schemes to create power-dominions.

DEADPOOL: You gamble with the lives of others!
KINGPIN: Life is a gamble, and I know you're a crusader...
DEADPOOL: I can't believe you're preying on my sensitivity to death.
KINGPIN: Even you know that fighting involves compromises to etiquette.
DEADPOOL: There's a difference between sacrifice and conviction.
KINGPIN: I'm not a cannibal...
DEADPOOL: Are you sure?
KINGPIN: The capitalism-system naturally invites the gambler.
DEADPOOL: Everyone has to account for the reality of shared risk!
KINGPIN: I doubt Wall Street cares as much about investors as they do about ledgers.
DEADPOOL: By justifying cruelty in the name of profit, you invite the demons of doom.
KINGPIN: No policemen is above wrath, just as no 'criminal' is above mischievous delight.
DEADPOOL: If you let that hostage go, I'll convince the prosecutor to hear your story!
KINGPIN: Good. I want the world to know that I'm not that different from Andrew Carnegie.
DEADPOOL: Tell the court whatever; you'll get a fair trial; I just want death-prevention.
KINGPIN: You fight monsters, and you do so with great passion, which will be your downfall.
DEADPOOL: The war for capitalism will involve pirates and knights, and knights will win!
KINGPIN: Remember that knights are not above pride...

====

duet3.jpg

Forum List

Back