Cruz to make major announcement

Reports are they he's staying in the race so I don't think that's it.

Also, there would just be zero reason for him to drop out now

Unless he's run out of money.

Still don't get any win in not letting the States play out. How would anything over the next few weeks harm him over letting it play out?

I also don't believe that's the case. I realize you were answering my hypothetical.

For sure he's in desperation mode, making the deal with Kasich, picking Carly now. But why not take the only shot he has? What does he gain by dropping now over in three weeks?

Announcing a running mate when you're that far behind (with no chance of getting to 1237) only shows your desperation. People will see that and reject him.

So he should lose rather than take a half court shot because you don't like him picking a VP now. Got it. What a load. I get the Cryin Donald supporters want him, but to not get it is ridiculous
No, I get it, I'm just saying it's not likely to work. People will see through it. What I don't understand is why Cruz stays in the race when it's clear that the voters don't want him. Doesn't he have any pride or self-esteem?

Announcing a running mate when you're that far behind (with no chance of getting to 1237) only shows your desperation. People will see that and reject him.

So he should lose rather than take a half court shot because you don't like him picking a VP now. Got it. What a load. I get the Cryin Donald supporters want him, but to not get it is ridiculous
No, I get it, I'm just saying it's not likely to work. People will see through it. What I don't understand is why Cruz stays in the race when it's clear that the voters don't want him. Doesn't he have any pride or self-esteem?

Why does Trump stay in the race when he can't get within sniffing distance of the majority of voters? He gets just over a third. Why does he stay in the race when it's clear that the voters don't want him? Doesn't he have any pride or self-esteem? He can't get a majority of voters at this point, he needs to drop out.

Cruz is second in a race where no one is near a majority. What you said is ridiculous. If Trump was running comfortably over 50% you'd have a point. At 37% and Cruz second, you don't

Why does Trump stay in the race when he can't get within sniffing distance of the majority of voters? He gets just over a third. Why does he stay in the race when it's clear that the voters don't want him? Doesn't he have any pride or self-esteem? He can't get a majority of voters at this point, he needs to drop out.

Cruz is second in a race where no one is near a majority. What you said is ridiculous. If Trump was running comfortably over 50% you'd have a point. At 37% and Cruz second, you don't
You're talking about polls. I'm talking about actual votes that have been cast. Big difference.

Still don't get any win in not letting the States play out. How would anything over the next few weeks harm him over letting it play out?

I also don't believe that's the case. I realize you were answering my hypothetical.

For sure he's in desperation mode, making the deal with Kasich, picking Carly now. But why not take the only shot he has? What does he gain by dropping now over in three weeks?

There's something to be said for saving a measure of face. He can't win the nomination on the first ballot and there's no way in hell the GOP establishment is going to nominate him so its pretty much over. If by some unknown miracle he was able to secure the nomination Hillary is going to cut him clean in half over his many 180 degree flip flops. He's on video taking the polar opposite positions on many of the issues in this campaign. Trump can get away with flip flops, Cruz the self appointed champion of conservatives can't.

You're talking about polls. I'm talking about actual votes that have been cast. Big difference.

Nope, I'm talking about actual votes cast. Trump is running about 37%. I think you're thinking of delegates where he's been screwed by getting almost half the delegates from his 37% of the vote

I think this will cost him votes. fiorina isnt particualrly liked by anyone. I was concerned it was going to be a BIG announcemnet with rubio endorsing cruz.

I think this will cost him votes. fiorina isnt particualrly liked by anyone. I was concerned it was going to be a BIG announcemnet with rubio endorsing cruz.

Fiorina is popular in California, seriously, you don't get the strategy of it? And he's a great VP choice and a great match for Cruz. There's no downside to him

There's something to be said for saving a measure of face. He can't win the nomination on the first ballot and there's no way in hell the GOP establishment is going to nominate him so its pretty much over. If by some unknown miracle he was able to secure the nomination Hillary is going to cut him clean in half over his many 180 degree flip flops. He's on video taking the polar opposite positions on many of the issues in this campaign. Trump can get away with flip flops, Cruz the self appointed champion of conservatives can't.

If you're right, that might be true. But I disagree with pretty much every point you made. If he stops Cryin Donald on the first ballot, he has a great shot. Hillary is extremely weak. To win he needs to run a better campaign, for sure, but that is possible. Cryin Donald has shaken the playing field and thrown all the Republicans out of the normal process

Kaz I would much prefer that Trump becomes president and that Trump nominates Cruz to the SCOTUS. The Democrats would freak out :laugh:

POTUS position is temporary, short term, and gains can be undone. SCOTUS position is lifetime, decisions may last decades or centuries.

Last edited:
Kaz I would much prefer that Trump becomes president and that Trump nominates Cruz to the SCOTUS. The Democrats would freak out :laugh:

I could almost go for that. SCOTUS is the only argument for Republicans, and Trump scares me for that. Cruz would be a great nominee for sure

I could almost go for that. SCOTUS is the only argument for Republicans, and Trump scares me for that. Cruz would be a great nominee for sure

POTUS position is temporary, short term, and gains can be undone. SCOTUS position is lifetime, decisions may last decades or centuries. It also plays to Cruz strengths. I have read Cruz resume its worthy of SCOTUS consideration. Ha plus wouldn't that just piss off Obama.

Why on earth would he be announcing a suspension of his campaign?

How many primaries and delegates did Cruz win in last nights elections?
I believe there were five of them!!

And trump lost 7+ elections prior to N.Y. So what?

Why on earth would anyone quit at the end of the third quarter when they have a shot to win?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

POTUS position is temporary, short term, and gains can be undone. SCOTUS position is lifetime, decisions may last decades or centuries. It also plays to Cruz strengths. I have read Cruz resume its worthy of SCOTUS consideration. Ha plus wouldn't that just piss off Obama.

The only hitch for me in that is Trump says he's not a free market capitalist. Free trade is the heart of capitalism. His protectionist policies would be devastating. That's why I can't jump on the deal

Why on earth would anyone quit at the end of the third quarter when they have a shot to win?

Exactly, or even why quit when there are 3 seconds left and you have the ball at mid court? Heave the ball!

Cruz has a broken leg and a nose fracture, its time he was hauled off the field on a gurney.

Forum List

Back