Cruz to make major announcement

I think this will cost him votes. fiorina isnt particualrly liked by anyone. I was concerned it was going to be a BIG announcemnet with rubio endorsing cruz.

Fiorina is popular in California, seriously, you don't get the strategy of it? And he's a great VP choice and a great match for Cruz. There's no downside to him
No she isn't.

I see that some are speculating that Cruz did this to steal the news cycle....
Picking Carly does what for Cruz exactly....
Once you get past the fact that he picked a woman then what??
Does she work well for Cruz in the south,the west....
Does she get the black and Hispanic vote?

I'm not getting what the big deal is here...

I don't see how Cruz has a chance at the nomination so all this
is just so Cruz can go out and talk about basketball rings?

Changes the news cycle
Shows he is a serious candidate
It gets him Carlie's California organization.

Hmm if someone is calling Fiorina a "he" then I find it hard to believe anything else they say at that point, like her being popular in California.
I've found that there are a lot of people on this board that throw information out there without providing any source material.

Kaz I would much prefer that Trump becomes president and that Trump nominates Cruz to the SCOTUS. The Democrats would freak out :laugh:

I could almost go for that. SCOTUS is the only argument for Republicans, and Trump scares me for that. Cruz would be a great nominee for sure

POTUS position is temporary, short term, and gains can be undone. SCOTUS position is lifetime, decisions may last decades or centuries. It also plays to Cruz strengths. I have read Cruz resume its worthy of SCOTUS consideration. Ha plus wouldn't that just piss off Obama.

The only hitch for me in that is Trump says he's not a free market capitalist. Free trade is the heart of capitalism. His protectionist policies would be devastating. That's why I can't jump on the deal

Trump is for 'fair' trade deals not these supposed free trade deals where we get fucked over all the time. He's been quite clear on that.

Yes, he explains is protectionism. You know all protectionists do that, they don't just block free trade, they rationalize it. I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of your statement

And when China dumps product at below cost into US markets with the intent of bankrupting competing companies in the US your position on that?

I could almost go for that. SCOTUS is the only argument for Republicans, and Trump scares me for that. Cruz would be a great nominee for sure

POTUS position is temporary, short term, and gains can be undone. SCOTUS position is lifetime, decisions may last decades or centuries. It also plays to Cruz strengths. I have read Cruz resume its worthy of SCOTUS consideration. Ha plus wouldn't that just piss off Obama.

The only hitch for me in that is Trump says he's not a free market capitalist. Free trade is the heart of capitalism. His protectionist policies would be devastating. That's why I can't jump on the deal

Trump is for 'fair' trade deals not these supposed free trade deals where we get fucked over all the time. He's been quite clear on that.

Yes, he explains is protectionism. You know all protectionists do that, they don't just block free trade, they rationalize it. I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of your statement

And when China dumps product at below cost into US markets with the intent of bankrupting competing companies in the US your position on that?

You do what Donald Trump wants to do, and you raise import taxes so high that Chinese companies can't compete with American made products.

I see that some are speculating that Cruz did this to steal the news cycle....
Picking Carly does what for Cruz exactly....
Once you get past the fact that he picked a woman then what??
Does she work well for Cruz in the south,the west....
Does she get the black and Hispanic vote?

I'm not getting what the big deal is here...

I don't see how Cruz has a chance at the nomination so all this
is just so Cruz can go out and talk about basketball rings?

Changes the news cycle
Shows he is a serious candidate
It gets him Carlie's California organization.
suevey_says_x.0.jpg

I'm seeing all this Cruz has a shot at the nomination....
If this statement is true then Bernie Sanders also has a shot....
No let me change that....
Sanders has a very good shot at the nomination...
If Cruz has a shot then so does Sanders.

Why does Trump stay in the race when he can't get within sniffing distance of the majority of voters? He gets just over a third. Why does he stay in the race when it's clear that the voters don't want him? Doesn't he have any pride or self-esteem? He can't get a majority of voters at this point, he needs to drop out.

Cruz is second in a race where no one is near a majority. What you said is ridiculous. If Trump was running comfortably over 50% you'd have a point. At 37% and Cruz second, you don't
You're talking about polls. I'm talking about actual votes that have been cast. Big difference.

Nope, I'm talking about actual votes cast. Trump is running about 37%. I think you're thinking of delegates where he's been screwed by getting almost half the delegates from his 37% of the vote
Link?

I already told you that's the stat I keep hearing discussed in election discussions. It's the number consistently reported and hasn't been changing very much. So you know my source.

If you want validation, you can Google it as easily as I can. And yes, in reverse, I always Google claims before asking for validation. I always have two tabs up when I'm posting, the second for google searches. I challenge them when what I find seems to contradict or just not support the claim
The stats you hear in election discussions? OK.

I googled it and they came back with the same number, you didn't, did you?

OldSchool said Trump is up to 40% after yesterday, I have no problem believing that. It's still way less than 50%.

Look man, you support Trump, that's fine. You want him to win. Fine. But the idea that Cruz needs to drop out when he hasn't lost and he's clearly second in an election where no candidate is near a majority is ridiculous. That's all I'm saying. He's every bit as legitimate as Cryin Donald.

If the parties were nominating on plurality, they would have made that the rule. Seriously.

This is great news...

...for Donald Trump!

Um ... why? Trump is by all analysis closing in on a first ballot win. This may not stop him, but how does it possibly help him?
It reeks of desperation from Cruz. Cruz's campaign is fucking amateur hour.

So throwing the election is not amateur hour, trying the only shot he has is amateur hour. Got it. Not a college graduate, are you?
He should go out with some dignity and possibly run again in 4 years.

I'm seeing all this Cruz has a shot at the nomination....
If this statement is true then Bernie Sanders also has a shot....
No let me change that....
Sanders has a very good shot at the nomination...
If Cruz has a shot then so does Sanders.

So you don't get the difference between Hillary getting a majority and Cryin Donald getting a plurality? Seriously?

So maybe you can answer what your fellow Trump supporters can't. If the rules are that a plurality wins, why is it not over? If that's what they meant, why did they make the rules to require a majority instead of a plurality? Were they confused?

This is great news...

...for Donald Trump!

Um ... why? Trump is by all analysis closing in on a first ballot win. This may not stop him, but how does it possibly help him?

So throwing the election is not amateur hour, trying the only shot he has is amateur hour. Got it. Not a college graduate, are you?

He will be. For reelection

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
This is great news...

...for Donald Trump!

I see nothing that says dignity about quitting. That just serves Cryin Donald's interest. No one else.

In an election where no one has a majority or close to it of voters, obviously the second vote getting candidate is a viable choice

This is great news...

...for Donald Trump!

Cruz would get crushed worse in the general than he is getting beat in the primary.

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Cruz to make announcement at 4 p.m.
WASHINGTON, April 27 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said he will make a major announcement at 4 p.m. (2000 GMT) on Wednesday but gave no other details.
Speaking to reporters in Indianapolis, Cruz's comments come amid reports that the U.S. senator from Texas is vetting former business executive Carly Fiorina as a possible vice presidential pick.
---
Hopefully this globalist asswipe drops out. Not like he could win at Convention anyways.

The word is he's announcing Fiorina is going to be his running mate. Right before the California primary, it's brilliant.

1) She's straight up a great choice and a fit for him

2) It highlights Cryin Donald's misogyny and gives women a better choice

3) It's right before her home State's primary and he badly needs a win there.

It's all wins for Cruz and a loss for Cryin Donald
What makes you think Fiorina is a plus in California?

Because California is not just Gayfrisco

I think this will cost him votes. fiorina isnt particualrly liked by anyone. I was concerned it was going to be a BIG announcemnet with rubio endorsing cruz.

Fiorina is popular in California, seriously, you don't get the strategy of it? And he's a great VP choice and a great match for Cruz. There's no downside to him
No she isn't.

Not in Gayfrisco, no. It's a Republican primary though

Anti-dumping laws are already part of our trade agreements

Cruz would get crushed worse in the general than he is getting beat in the primary.

Which is why he is consistently winning in the polls and Trump is not...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Which is why he is consistently winning in the polls and Trump is not...
Both are consistently losing in the polls.

Forum List

Back