Cuba now in Syria... Shades of the Angola proxy war... but White House DENIES IT!!!

I don't care much------I foresee no ramifications. If cuba goes "over-there"-----to Syria for the Russians---
we should break relations

And we just opened the embassy in Cuba!
Now if we can only lift the embargo, the Americanization of Cuba will begin.
You mean the further enrichment of the murderous Castro gang will continue.

Cuba may have helped play a pivotal role in stemming the advances of South African imperialism and bigotry over other parts of Africa. Many of you may not know it but Cuba also helped to end Apartheid in South Africa later. The USA, yes , our USA, was on the wrong side of history in this one. We backed the FNLA and UNITA in Angola along with South Africa and Zaire. The Cubans supported the side of the MPLA.

In 1975 if the regime of apartheid was for it Castro's Cubans were against it!

Given the Cuban tradition of aligning militarily against evil around the world I think a closer look at the side hey are taking in Syria is in order. I refuse to let either party influence my personal objectivity on this issue. Investigation in progress......

Cuba may have helped play a pivotal role in stemming the advances of South African imperialism and bigotry over other parts of Africa. Many of you may not know it but Cuba also helped to end Apartheid in South Africa later. The USA, yes , our USA, was on the wrong side of history in this one. We backed the FNLA and UNITA in Angola along with South Africa and Zaire. The Cubans supported the side of the MPLA.

Given the Cuban tradition of aligning militarily against evil around the world I think a closer look at the side hey are taking in Syria is in order. I refuse to let either party influence my personal objectivity on this issue. Investigation in progress......

Well said, thank you.

YEAH, BROTHER< I KNOW ABOUT MURDEROUS REGIMES:

serveimage
Since we're on the subject, you owem me for all them buffalo...
Stone-age Europeans 'were the first to set foot on North America'

Pure speculation so far... But even so, those "YOU ROPE PEONS" might have mutated into Indians..... after all ten thousand years is said to be the limit for mutation to occur.

You think rewarding that scenario is somehow better?
I think the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Just wait until a Wal Mart opens up in Havana.
And abject stupidity is in rewarding that insanity.
Just think how much money the Castro's would make from that Walmart. Meanwhile, same result for the Cubans.
No, same results for the Cubans would be sitting on our asses and keeping the same failed policy we've had in place for 50+ years.

The worst thing for the Castro regime would be for their people to glimpse prosperity and to want more of it.
You don't seem to get it. The cuban people won't see a dime of that. They are a totalitarian regime. Most countries in the world aren't like the US. You take your freedom for granted.
I think it's you who doesn't seem to get it. You want Cuba to stay the same. I want Cuba to change. You want Cuba to remain an enemy and an ally of our worst enemies, a staging area they can use that's just miles from our mainland. I want Cuba to be an ally, and for our culture to be exposed to their people. Castro will die eventually, sooner rather than later, and the Cuban people will be able to move on.
Cuba will not change just because obama says so. When you reward bad behavior you get more bad behavior. Duh.

If you really think this is a 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' scenario you are fooling yourself.
Cuba will be on the side of Russia which is currently NOT on the side of the US. Obama hoping and pretending that they are working with us doesn't make it so.

I think the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Just wait until a Wal Mart opens up in Havana.
Just think how much money the Castro's would make from that Walmart. Meanwhile, same result for the Cubans.
No, same results for the Cubans would be sitting on our asses and keeping the same failed policy we've had in place for 50+ years.

The worst thing for the Castro regime would be for their people to glimpse prosperity and to want more of it.
You don't seem to get it. The cuban people won't see a dime of that. They are a totalitarian regime. Most countries in the world aren't like the US. You take your freedom for granted.
I think it's you who doesn't seem to get it. You want Cuba to stay the same. I want Cuba to change. You want Cuba to remain an enemy and an ally of our worst enemies, a staging area they can use that's just miles from our mainland. I want Cuba to be an ally, and for our culture to be exposed to their people. Castro will die eventually, sooner rather than later, and the Cuban people will be able to move on.
Cuba will not change just because obama says so. When you reward bad behavior you get more bad behavior. Duh.
Well clearly I'm talking to a wall. Whatever keep endorsing your 50 year failure. Btw, the biggest supporters of the Castro regime agree with you. They didn't want the embassy to open either. And they're terrified of what would happen if the embargo is lifted.

Oh ya? We should keep the embargo and leave the Casto's in power for another 50 years? And continue to let our greatest enemies woo them over while we twiddle our fingers?

I think they will see a dime of that and more. Castro loves his people..... That is something American "conservatives" will never understand.

Looks like we lost Syria. If Russians don't get out from Syria it's going to become the pain in the ass.

If you really think this is a 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' scenario you are fooling yourself.
Cuba will be on the side of Russia which is currently NOT on the side of the US. Obama hoping and pretending that they are working with us doesn't make it so.

Frankly, since Obama has access to the CIA and other intelligence entities, I would put WAY more faith in his opinions than I do yours... is that alright with you? I wouldn't want to make you feel bad or anything?

I think they will see a dime of that and more. Castro loves his people..... That is something American "conservatives" will never understand.
Castro is an evil man and a murderer. The Cuban people deserve better.

Looks like we lost Syria. If Russians don't get out from Syria it's going to become the pain in the ass.

Russia wants Syria for the same reason it wants Crimea-------Russia ain't going nowhere Now do a
monte and tell us that Russia is in Syria because they love syrians

Russia wants Syria for the same reason it wants Crimea-------Russia ain't going nowhere Now do a

Russia is in Syria because Hussein Obama keeps arming ISIS to defeat Assad.

You don't need to be Einstein to understand that!

all you need is the all important mechanism "SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF"--------I can do that when
I read Macbeth-----or ancient greek tragedies. I am very good at it-------for just about all literature---
even lousy literature-------even cartoons and comic books

all you need is the all important mechanism "SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF"--------I can do that when
I read Macbeth-----or ancient greek tragedies. I am very good at it-------for just about all literature---

yes dear

yes

medication time for you now :itsok:

yes dear

yes

Tell us the truth... how many times a day do you masturbate to your Putin posters?

yes dear

yes

Tell us the truth... how many times a day do you masturbate to your Putin posters?

Not of your business.

Forum List

Back