Cuban Peers Dispute Ted Cruz’s Father’s Story of Fighting for Castro

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Like father, like son - they're both liars.

Cuban Peers Dispute Ted Cruz’s Father’s Story of Fighting for Castro

*snip*

But the family narrative that has provided such inspirational fire to Mr. Cruz’s speeches, debate performances and a recently published memoir is, his father’s Cuban contemporaries say, an embroidered one.

The elder Mr. Cruz, 76, recalls a vivid moment at a watershed 1956 battle in Santiago de Cuba, when he was with a hero of the revolution, Frank País, just hours before he was killed in combat.

In fact, Mr. País was killed seven months later and in a different place and manner.

In interviews, Rafael Cruz’s former comrades and friends disputed his description of his role in the Cuban resistance. He was a teenager who wrote on walls and marched in the streets, they said — not a rebel leader running guns or blowing up buildings.

Leonor Arestuche, 79, a student leader in the ’50s whom the Castro government later hired to verify the supposed exploits of revolutionary veterans, said a term existed for people like Mr. Cruz — “ojalateros,” or wishful thinkers. “People wishing and praying that Batista would fall,” she said, “but not doing much to act on it.”

He's a poser and a liar. Now we know where Havana Ted gets it from.

Cruz's father was nabbed by the Batista administration and "tortured". Which was the primary reason he was admitted into the United States.

Who gives a shit? What possible difference does it make?
You had no opinion on Obama's father? Or on Reverend Wright? Or Frank Marshall Davis? You made no posts regarding any of these men?
WTF?
Rev Wright was significant because he is an anti american, anti semitic bigot. And Obama sat and listened to him for 20 years. It goes to Obama's character and beliefs.
Frank Marshall Davis was significant because he probably was Obama's father. This is why we havent seen a legitimate copy of the birth certificate, I suspect. Because it lists him as the father.
That Cruz's father mis-stated, puffed, or made up some incident that happened over 50 years is irrelevant.

Who gives a shit? What possible difference does it make?
You had no opinion on Obama's father? Or on Reverend Wright? Or Frank Marshall Davis? You made no posts regarding any of these men?
WTF?
Rev Wright was significant because he is an anti american, anti semitic bigot. And Obama sat and listened to him for 20 years. It goes to Obama's character and beliefs.
Frank Marshall Davis was significant because he probably was Obama's father. This is why we havent seen a legitimate copy of the birth certificate, I suspect. Because it lists him as the father.
That Cruz's father mis-stated, puffed, or made up some incident that happened over 50 years is irrelevant.
You're saying Ted Cruz didn't listen to his father? His father had no influence on him? Rafael being a liar and fabricator didn't shape Ted's character and beliefs?

Your dishonesty is amusing.

And Obama sat and listened to him for 20 years.
How long was Reagan a member of his church? He never went. Not once during his entire presidency. Probably not once during his entire governorship. Certainly not in between when he wasn't even trying to fake it.

Cuban peers? What are Cuban peers? A teenager who "wrote on walls" and "marched in the streets on the side of freedom is good enough without snide comments from alleged "peers". At least he was on the side of freedom. Where are Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama's father's peers?

So in other words, even those sources acknowledge that Cruz's father backed Castro and engaged in pro-Castro propaganda. If Cruz's dad embellished his story and padded the role he played, how in the world would Ted know this? I'm sure Ted just took his father's word on this stuff, naturally enough. This is a non-issue.

Sheesh, why aren't you as disturbed by Hillary's far more egregious lies? Your double-standard is breath-taking.

So in other words, even those sources acknowledge that Cruz's father backed Castro and engaged in pro-Castro propaganda. If Cruz's dad embellished his story and padded the role he played, how in the world would Ted know this? I'm sure Ted just took his father's word on this stuff, naturally enough. This is a non-issue.

Sheesh, why aren't you as disturbed by Hillary's far more egregious lies? Your double-standard is breath-taking.
They're not disturbed by i tbecause the rule is Democrats=Good, Republicans=Bad. Anything that questions that must be destroyed, even at the cost of looking like an idiot.

How long was Reagan a member of his church? He never went. Not once during his entire presidency. Probably not once during his entire governorship. Certainly not in between when he wasn't even trying to fake it.
How is that even remotely relevant?
Because, dumbass, Obama never went to any of Wright's services. He and Michelle were married by him, and he was a "member" of the congregation, but Obama doesn't go to church. Neither did Reagan. I doubt Poppy Bush showed up more than once a year. Even W. didn't go to services. The only devout POTUS in the past 50 years was Carter.

I seriously doubt you've set foot in a synagogue in years and years.

What lies?

Are they anything like Carson's lies about not being involved with Mannatech?

How is that even remotely relevant?
Because, dumbass, Obama never went to any of Wright's services. He and Michelle were married by him, and he was a "member" of the congregation, but Obama doesn't go to church. Neither did Reagan. I doubt Poppy Bush showed up more than once a year. Even W. didn't go to services. The only devout POTUS in the past 50 years was Carter.

I seriously doubt you've set foot in a synagogue in years and years.
On My Faith and My Church False

Forum List

Back