🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Current Coronavirus virus statistics, May 17, 2020

Hos Donald Trump and his Administration protected the United States?

• Yes, Trump puts the American People First.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, Trump has put his reelection first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Trump is incompetent and failed his duty as POTUS

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
Last updated: May 17, 2020, 23:18 GMT

Look over the statistics for today, and see how the most powerful and wealthy nations in the worlds reacted to this major pandemic:

On a per capita basis, pretty damn well.

Only had to throw scores of millions out of work, destroy uncounted mom-n-pop businesses, bring the strongest economy on the planet to its knees, and jack up incidences of alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence, and suicide to do it.

Hope it was worth it to ya.

Early days still....if the Summer does not bring the expected lull, people are going to start acting stupid. Well..stupider..if that's a word.
If the Covid and flu season get bad enough..there could be a 2nd lock-down in our future. Now how do you think people will react?
Oh wait..isn't there an election right in the middle of all that shyte?

I'm taking a long-haul approach to all this---until a vaccine is approved. Of course, then the next bug will come calling...and the next.

Welcome to the new normal.

1589760603838.png

It is interesting the way people react to this pandemic. Some just don't care while other are taking it seriously. The daredevils of the world will go about their business and believe that getting on with your life is more important. whereas those who are more cautious will move around but they take defensive measure to protect themselves and others around them. Then those in the middle will just scratch their heads. They may wear a mask and practice social distancing but it depends on the flip of the coin. I see the me mentality vs the us mentality.

I guess the tail of two cities will be to compared. NYC has been hit hard whereas LA not so much. The big difference I see between the two is transportation. NYC people mostly do not have cars and will ride the subways, taxis, and the bus to get around. It is packed on an island where there are so many people in one area. Whereas LA probably has some of the same but may have more people who use their car vs public transportation. They say heat plays a factor and it will get hot soon. California has moved quickly to contain the virus whereas NYC was a little slow. Well time will tell as to whether it makes a difference.

Also I would like to see the numbers of flights coming in from china and compare the numbers of people to see if there is any correlations and see what are the numbers. NYC does have the largest population of Chinese people. In my limited observations I do notice that oriental people will wear masks no questions asked.

Forum List

Back