🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cuts to special Olympics?

Do you want to bet a large sum of money that the Dept of Educ doesn't grant money to schools to buy computers?
I don't understand.

Do I want to bet a large sum?

Or

Do I want to be that a large some...?

Just want to be clear.

If the former, I have no doubt that the big, useless fraud known as The Department of Education takes federal tax dollars from all over the nation, piles them up into a big huge pile, and then inefficiently and conditionally re-distributes them after taking their cut, and some of that money goes to buy computers.

What point are you trying to make?

Are you saying that federal government should be giving funding to computer manufactorers because some of the Department's conditionally-distributed money is spent on computers?

"Schools use athletics to improve the development of students. Football is a common one. Thus, the FedGov should fund the NFL."

That is akin to what I am reading in this thread.

Am I wrong?

From one of your links.....But thanks to our sponsors, Action for Healthy Kids has provided $8.7 million in grants to schools since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals

They are giving the schools grants, not the Dept of Ed giving them grants

And apologized. Obama merely said something inappropriate, Republicans wanna fuk them over balls deep. Huge difference.
How do useless GOP turds want to fuck over the private charity called The Special Olympics? By removing unneeded federal funding?

They still need it. Betsy is moving money around to enrich herself. This is another example that we're in the 2nd Guilded Age. She's pulling out $18 million.

She said it was okay to do because people will just make up the difference through donations. This is the same thing Hoover said to fight all of the reforms to pull this country out of the Depression. We know how that worked out.
bpqq2hl9qvo21.png

And apologized. Obama merely said something inappropriate, Republicans wanna fuk them over balls deep. Huge difference.
How do useless GOP turds want to fuck over the private charity called The Special Olympics? By removing unneeded federal funding?

They still need it. Betsy is moving money around to enrich herself. This is another example that we're in the 2nd Guilded Age. She's pulling out $18 million.

She said it was okay to do because people will just make up the difference through donations. This is the same thing Hoover said to fight all of the reforms to pull this country out of the Depression. We know how that worked out.
bpqq2hl9qvo21.png

If they are going to give all that money to the Special Olympics, I want equal funding for the JDRF Home It is only fair after all.

More government waste than we could ever count, Betsy what a champ, lets start by cutting the funds from those who cant fight back, easy pickings.

According to the NYT's Devos donates her entire salary to charity including the Special Olympics. Just throwing it out there.

The cuts to education need to extend to every area of government.

So she donated a part of a $170,000 salary and cut their funding by $17 million
Maybe you should step up and follow her lead. How much did you give the Special Olympics? Bet the vast majority of whiners here gave zero.

<sob>. but...but...What did you give?

DeVos gave $50,000 out of her paycheck. Not impressive for a billionaire

Then she slashed $17 million in funding
Makes me feel warm all over
You want something, you pay for it. Quit begging others to pay your way. I already offered to cover your bus and hotel so you can compete.

Governments job is to help those who need helping ...Special Olympics is a worthy cause
You are very confused regarding the role of the Federal government.

I wonder if this is going to affect any funding she might have allowed for schools to have guns on site in case of a grizzly bear attack? I think Trump would intervene if she tried to touch that funding. I think it is wrong for Ms. DeVos to bear such an obvious grudge against the Special Olympics just because she failed to make the team at last year's tryouts. She came ever so close. She needed to place 5th or above in the Counting to Eleven Competition to make the squad. She finished tied for 7th.

Tell that to the parents of the kids who benefit from the special Olympics.

Rest assured the special olympics isn’t going anywhere
Why should we "rest assured"?

Because there are enough people in this country that care enough to not let it die. Believe it or not, some institutions actually survive without government
The United States Olympic Committee is a good example.

Most of their funding comes from donations....at least now since Trump restored tax deductions for donations of this kind that Obama took away....why did Obama do that?....

What part of your body did you pull that silly bullshit from, sports shoes? Obama ended tax deductions for Special Olympics? And Trump has signed two budgets since then but Obama is still responsible? Just how indoctrinated and gullible are you, home-school?

What part of your body did you pull that silly bullshit from, sports shoes? Obama ended tax deductions for Special Olympics? And Trump has signed two budgets since then but Obama is still responsible? Just how indoctrinated and gullible are you, home-school?
Obama did do this-

Influential Republican Seeks to Protect Charitable Deductions
Have you ever supported changing the charitable tax deduction in the way President Obama has proposed, by capping it at 28-percent?

No. If you put a cap on the value of the charitable deduction, it will have a negative effect on giving. To be honest, that is the goal of the president. By capping the value and reducing giving, he will be raising taxes and therefore raise revenue to pay for government spending. I think that the money is better off in private hands.

If he did do this, which as you know can only be if Congress authorizes it and he was working with a republican controlled Congress for the last 4 years of his two terms, and with a republican house for 6 years total, it was not changed since he left office OVER 2 BUDGETS AGO....and yet you still want to blame Obama? Out of the loop, much?

"Schools use athletics to improve the development of students. Football is a common one. Thus, the FedGov should fund the NFL."

That is akin to what I am reading in this thread.

Am I wrong?

NFL is for profit

Special Olympics is not
I propose we take it from the Federal tax HIV money and give it to the Special Olympics. I mean it is compassion for the disabled and sexual diseases are optional.

Devos was asked how many children was she hurting?

And she said I don’t know.

But I’m pretty sure she was thinking I don’t know and I don’t give a flying sh!t.

Like Melania said, I really don’t care, do you?

I know Republicans won’t understand this, but yes, I do care.
The fuck you do....You want the taxpayers to do your "caring" for you.

I agree with Republicans on this one. This is not the job of the Federal Government. This is a job for charity to do. We must immediately stop funding the special olympics.

But this also proves that Republicans don't care about people who are living they only care about fetus'.

And Republicans are right about us liberals we don't care about the special olympics. If it were up to us none of those kids would even be alive today costing us money. They would have been aborted.

Trump Spokesman: Dems Don’t Care About Special Olympics Because They’re Pro-Abortion
Democrats see “abortion as the cure for Down syndrome,” Matt Wolking tweeted as the Trump administration moved to stop federal funding of the program.

I agree Matt. Defund away! Let the parents foot the bill to send their kids to these events.

Devos was asked how many children was she hurting?

And she said I don’t know.

But I’m pretty sure she was thinking I don’t know and I don’t give a flying sh!t.

Like Melania said, I really don’t care, do you?

I know Republicans won’t understand this, but yes, I do care.
The fuck you do....You want the taxpayers to do your "caring" for you.

I'm a tax payer, and that is the most efficient way for my "caring" to get to the people who need it. Society has a responsibility to help those that need it. Go live in a cave somewhere if you don't like it, you selfish bastard.

If people continue to elect Republicans then I think we should continue to make the cuts they want to make until enough people feel the pain and realize why they shouldn't be voting for Trump. How many parents of retards voted for Trump?

Obama’s chief of staff apologizes for “retarded” remark – The Denver Post

Remember that? Republicans felt that special needs children had been terribly maligned and insulted.

Trump administration proposes to end all government funding for the Special Olympics, arguing that private philanthropy will pick up the bill

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos' budget proposal for 2020 would eliminate $17.6 million in federal funding for supporting Special Olympics athletes, training facilities, and programs for children with disabilities.

as well as several cuts to public-school funding, including to programs for students with autism and students who are blind.
——————

The early dollars that come from the federal government are used as leverage to help get more money from charitable organizations. The federal money shows you organization is important.

Isn’t it enough the Republicans have to screw over the middle class and the poor, but now they’re going after special needs children, the autistic and even the blind?

Are they still calling themselves Christians?

Can somebody explain this to me?

I really want to know.

To me, this doesn’t seem just un-American, it’s monstrous!
Don't worry about it deanrd.
Charities will still sponsor you to go to the Special Olympics.

Forum List

Back