🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cuts to special Olympics?

"Schools use athletics to improve the development of students. Football is a common one. Thus, the FedGov should fund the NFL."

That is akin to what I am reading in this thread.

Am I wrong?

NFL is for profit

Special Olympics is not
If you don't believe people are making money off the Special Olympics, you are nuts.

Show me some Special Olympic millionaire athletes

upload_2019-3-28_15-40-52.jpeg

Obama’s chief of staff apologizes for “retarded” remark – The Denver Post

Remember that? Republicans felt that special needs children had been terribly maligned and insulted.

Trump administration proposes to end all government funding for the Special Olympics, arguing that private philanthropy will pick up the bill

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos' budget proposal for 2020 would eliminate $17.6 million in federal funding for supporting Special Olympics athletes, training facilities, and programs for children with disabilities.

as well as several cuts to public-school funding, including to programs for students with autism and students who are blind.
——————

The early dollars that come from the federal government are used as leverage to help get more money from charitable organizations. The federal money shows you organization is important.

Isn’t it enough the Republicans have to screw over the middle class and the poor, but now they’re going after special needs children, the autistic and even the blind?

Are they still calling themselves Christians?

Can somebody explain this to me?

I really want to know.

To me, this doesn’t seem just un-American, it’s monstrous!
What event in the special Olympics are you participating in?

Yep...Trump has taken the high road and had backed off of the cuts. We salute the move.
If Trump has done that he is warning you. Look I am not bad mouthing anyone. My Dad was breathing Oxygen while smoking cigarettes. He was not alone. Richie....leave me alone Helen!

If you look it rationally Special Olympics could be seen as child abuse. The unfortunate (mostly) Down's Syndrome kids don't have the intellectual ability to understand what the competition is all about and their body structure isn't capable of extreme athletic training. The Special Olympics is set up so that the parents feel good about themselves not the kids. We see the propaganda videos of Down's Syndrome kids smiling but nobody sees the kids who are terrified and wondering what they are supposed to do and crying to go home to a familiar environment. Down's Syndrome kids would be better served by taking them bowling once in a while. If the democrat agenda works out the Down's Syndrome kids can be "made comfortable while the parents and the doctor" discuss how to do away with them humanely.

Speaking of scam foundations-
A New York judge has signed off on a deal to shut down Donald Trump’s personal charity after a lawsuit exposed a “shocking pattern of illegality”.

Justice Saliann Scarpulla approved the deal to close the Trump Foundation and split its remaining $1.7m funds between other charities.

New York’s attorney general and lawyers for the Trump Foundation will have 30 days to provide Scarpulla with a list of organisations and the attorney general’s office will have the right to reject ones it deems unfit.

Trump had used the charity to pay off legal settlements within his business and even to buy a painting of himself to hang in one of his golf clubs.

If you look it rationally Special Olympics could be seen as child abuse. The unfortunate (mostly) Down's Syndrome kids don't have the intellectual ability to understand what the competition is all about and their body structure isn't capable of extreme athletic training. The Special Olympics is set up so that the parents feel good about themselves not the kids. We see the propaganda videos of Down's Syndrome kids smiling but nobody sees the kids who are terrified and wondering what they are supposed to do and crying to go home to a familiar environment. Down's Syndrome kids would be better served by taking them bowling once in a while. If the democrat agenda works out the Down's Syndrome kids can be "made comfortable while the parents and the doctor" discuss how to do away with them humanely.
You are the one dismissing kids with Down's Syndrome of not being worth the effort of giving them the joy of competing in non-rigorous sports where they can compete and win and feel good about themselves while GETTING SOME NEEDED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY...and you have the lying right wing mouth to claim democrats do not care about them, boy? And to compare kids with Down's Syndrome or autism to being CLINICALLY BRAIN DEAD AT BIRTH shows just how fucking stupid and misinformed you are, right wing swine.

The early dollars that come from the federal government are used as leverage to help get more money from charitable organizations. The federal money shows you organization is important.

Isn’t it enough the Republicans have to screw over the middle class and the poor, but now they’re going after special needs children, the autistic and even the blind?

I really want to know.

To me, this doesn’t seem just un-American, it’s monstrous![/QUOTE]

Don't answer smoke a lib! He actually believes everybody has a chance to be in the Special Olympics because he tries out each year... He is just trying to find out if you are so he can make sure and avoid that event and have a chance of winning. It's a typical Trump stooge example of trickerization.

Last edited:
How silly. You utter not one word regarding how little they actually spend on the very thing it is supposed to be all about. Not one word over where their money is going to, rather than helping these kids, themselves.
If he did do this, which as you know can only be if Congress authorizes it and he was working with a republican controlled Congress for the last 4 years of his two terms, and with a republican house for 6 years total, it was not changed since he left office OVER 2 BUDGETS AGO....and yet you still want to blame Obama? Out of the loop, much?
Have you ever taken the time to see how they spend their money?

Salaries and benefits for 2017, the latest they have posted, was over $23 million.
They spent another $20 million on consultants.
Another $21 million on public education and communications.
There is much more on expenses I could post, but those are the biggest.

Now, let’s look at how much they actually spent on on sports training and competitions- a mere $8 million dollars.

Something is very wrong with this picture.
https://dotorg.brightspotcdn.com/a2...pics-inc-2017-audited-financial-statement.PDF
I am not kidding this is a program that should not be funded by the federal government.

All the republicans who don't want to be forced to help people need to donate to the Special Olympics to make up for the lost money. If there isn't enough money to have these games then each state should be in charge of having special olympics for the retards that live in their state.

Remember the last time America's retards got together in 2017?

nyttwitterpic.jpg
Agreed. It’s waste. Cut it.

If he did do this, which as you know can only be if Congress authorizes it and he was working with a republican controlled Congress for the last 4 years of his two terms, and with a republican house for 6 years total, it was not changed since he left office OVER 2 BUDGETS AGO....and yet you still want to blame Obama? Out of the loop, much?

Salaries and benefits for 2017, the latest they have posted, was over $23 million.

Now, let’s look at how much they actually spent on on sports training and competitions- a mere $8 million dollars.

https://dotorg.brightspotcdn.com/a2...pics-inc-2017-audited-financial-statement.PDF
I am not kidding this is a program that should not be funded by the federal government.

All the republicans who don't want to be forced to help people need to donate to the Special Olympics to make up for the lost money. If there isn't enough money to have these games then each state should be in charge of having special olympics for the retards that live in their state.

nyttwitterpic.jpg
The validity of the photos I do not know. But the welfarian and tit sucking chitthole that is D.C. is known. Lots of moochers there. Lots of people scamming the system and playing the games. Trump's so called base were working.
So not the young college kids.

If you don’t think there can be found at least 10% of real waste, I have this beautiful bridge to sell ya...
How silly. You utter not one word regarding how little they actually spend on the very thing it is supposed to be all about. Not one word over where their money is going to, rather than helping these kids, themselves.

nyttwitterpic.jpg

If you don’t think there can be found at least 10% of real waste, I have this beautiful bridge to sell ya...

nyttwitterpic.jpg
Only ten percent goes to the retards. 90% is administrative beurocricy. Bet the ceo makes $200k

You are the one dismissing kids with Down's Syndrome of not being worth the effort of giving them the joy of competing in non-rigorous sports where they can compete and win and feel good about themselves while GETTING SOME NEEDED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY...and you have the lying right wing mouth to claim democrats do not care about them, boy? And to compare kids with Down's Syndrome or autism to being CLINICALLY BRAIN DEAD AT BIRTH shows just how fucking stupid and misinformed you are, right wing swine.[/QUOT

If a baby is pronounced "clinically brain dead" at birth there would be no need to "keep it comfortable" as the democrat governor of Virginia suggests. Sadly the intent of late term abortions is to turn a viable healthy baby (with or without birth defects) into a "clinically brain dead"mass that can be sold or bartered by despicable federal funded entities like Planned Parenthood. Getting back to the original post I bet if you polled "Down's Syndrome" competitors in the Special Olympics about the traditions and history of the real Olympics you would no doubt be met with a blank stare. Every kid needs exercise but the concept of the S.O. is a feelgood exercise for the parents. That's fine as long as the community supports the effort just like they support any amateur event. There is no reason in the world that Special Olympics should be a federal funded project.

Speaking of scam foundations-
A New York judge has signed off on a deal to shut down Donald Trump’s personal charity after a lawsuit exposed a “shocking pattern of illegality”.

Justice Saliann Scarpulla approved the deal to close the Trump Foundation and split its remaining $1.7m funds between other charities.

New York’s attorney general and lawyers for the Trump Foundation will have 30 days to provide Scarpulla with a list of organisations and the attorney general’s office will have the right to reject ones it deems unfit.

Trump had used the charity to pay off legal settlements within his business and even to buy a painting of himself to hang in one of his golf clubs.
What hogwash. The Trump Foundation was never a charity. Trump started the winding up process a few years ago but the NYAG stopped it. The AG wanted it to stay open until the state shut it down. It would look better for anti Trump that way. The foundation itself was an accounting function.

Obama’s chief of staff apologizes for “retarded” remark – The Denver Post

Remember that? Republicans felt that special needs children had been terribly maligned and insulted.

Trump administration proposes to end all government funding for the Special Olympics, arguing that private philanthropy will pick up the bill

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos' budget proposal for 2020 would eliminate $17.6 million in federal funding for supporting Special Olympics athletes, training facilities, and programs for children with disabilities.

as well as several cuts to public-school funding, including to programs for students with autism and students who are blind.
——————

I really want to know.

And yet Conservatives give more to charity while the left expect the Government to pay for everything. Show me the part of the Constitution that obligates the US tax payer to give up money for Special Olympics or any similar program.

I really want to know.

Don't answer smoke a lib! He actually believes everybody has a chance to be in the Special Olympics because he tries out each year... He is just trying to find out if you are so he can make sure and avoid that event and have a chance of winning. It's a typical Trump stooge example of trickerization.
[/QUOTE]
Christians freely gives money to charity.
Democrats legislates money to charity.

Lefties whine about federal spending but when the Trump administration tries to cut funding (and it's related administrative oversight) of redundant programs it is met with the usual hypocrite howling by democrats. Everything is political and as long as democrats have the advantage of support by the left wing media it's going to be next to impossible to cut federally funded social projects.

Forum List

Back