🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Well it is a form of bullying. I hear people complain about it. I do not think it is like the bullying we faced as kids which was violent and physical as well as mental. An easy solution if you are being cyber bullied is the find the power button and move to off position. I guess I am not real worried about it!

Well, this is the point I am trying to address. Why should the victim of the bullying have to leave or do anything for that matter? This is like transferring the blame from the perpetrators to the victim because the victim fails to succumb to the bullies and leave. You see? It is like a double edged sword in a way.

I've never understood destroying things because you are angry about something. It just ends up costing you money! Very unproductive way to cope.
so destroy the flame zone because you are angry

I've never understood destroying things because you are angry about something. It just ends up costing you money! Very unproductive way to cope.

^^^^^^
Says the woman who wants to destroy the FZ because she’s angry about something.

That is just the way society is moving in general. People aren't willing to tolerate your trolling, bullying and harassing. It is only a matter of time before there is no such thing as a flame zone on internet forums. People expect more from adults.

Hi Chris. I'm a sticks and stones chappy; if it's just words then who cares? If words hurt then there's something wrong with one's mindset. Besides, once I get even I forget about it.

Greg

^^^^^^

That is just the way society is moving in general. People aren't willing to tolerate your trolling, bullying and harassing. It is only a matter of time before there is no such thing as a flame zone on internet forums. People expect more from adults.

So you’re going to close your account and stop bullying people about their looks?

Good for you.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Well it is a form of bullying. I hear people complain about it. I do not think it is like the bullying we faced as kids which was violent and physical as well as mental. An easy solution if you are being cyber bullied is the find the power button and move to off position. I guess I am not real worried about it!

Well, this is the point I am trying to address. Why should the victim of the bullying have to leave or do anything for that matter? This is like transferring the blame from the perpetrators to the victim because the victim fails to succumb to the bullies and leave. You see? It is like a double edged sword in a way.

Trolls for the most part merely make themselves look like idiots...which is pretty much what they are.

Greg

^^^^^^

Chris, just an example of what actually hurts the board by a poster who never comes to the FZ, so far as I know. The FZ is not the problem. Most of the folks there rarely come upstairs.
Phuck the filthy “blue wave”...Trumpology is sweeping the nation.

^^^^^^

So you’re going to close your account and stop bullying people about their looks?

Good for you.
Why are you acting like that? It's not typical of you

^^^^^^

Chris, just an example of what actually hurts the board by a poster who never comes to the FZ, so far as I know. The FZ is not the problem. Most of the folks there rarely come upstairs.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems with trolling and bullying in other sections of the forum, but the flame zone is a harbinger for bullying and trolling. It is going to attract certain types of posters and good posters will be turned off. It creates an atmosphere that is not good.

^^^^^^

Good for you.

He gets angry when he is called out for his trolling of women posters, even after he admits that he does it because he gets a thrill out of bothering and harassing women. :D Seriously.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

^^^^^^

Good for you.

It is very typical of him. I don't think you are very familiar with his flame zone persona. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Chris I can tell this is bothering you! You are over thinking it. In a perfect world for some a gallent white night will come rescue you from the bully and the bully will bother you no more. This is reality where people have conflicting interests, things are not going to go the way we want them. It is our job not the words to take care of our own interests. You can not control other people and their behavior. There is no moral superiority gained by staying and taking the abuse. You have three choices dish it back, take it or leave. Do not over think do what is best for you with no guilt. The only time I feel guilt is when I dish it back. There should be no moral quams with leaving or just taking it both ntypicaly deflate the bully and is likey the best long term option. Know who you are and do not let others tell you different and no words should bother very much.

^^^^^^

I'm not saying that there aren't problems with trolling and bullying in other sections of the forum, but the flame zone is a harbinger for bullying and trolling. It is going to attract certain types of posters and good posters will be turned off. It creates an atmosphere that is not good.
Even the very decorous site I visited last week has a "basement." I think they believe it is containment. It is supposed to be a place to let off steam, although the folks in our FZ criticize that, unless they're the ones doing it. Then, of course, it's fine. LOL

^^^^^^

Good for you.

You don’t understand what is happening.

^^^^^^

Even the very decorous site I visited last week has a "basement." I think they believe it is containment. It is supposed to be a place to let off steam, although the folks in our FZ criticize that, unless they're the ones doing it. Then, of course, it's fine. LOL

There are plenty of other places to let off steam in a more productive and less harmful way actually.

^^^^^^

Good for you.

Is your sky falling? What will you do with yourself if there is no flame zone? OMG. Lol.

^^^^^^

Good for you.

Is your sky falling? What will you do with yourself if there is no flame zone? OMG. Lol.

lol no

Chris I can tell this is bothering you! You are over thinking it. In a perfect world for some a gallent white night will come rescue you from the bully and the bully will bother you no more. This is reality where people have conflicting interests, things are not going to go the way we want them. It is our job not the words to take care of our own interests. You can not control other people and their behavior. There is no moral superiority gained by staying and taking the abuse. You have three choices dish it back, take it or leave. Do not over think do what is best for you with no guilt. The only time I feel guilt is when I dish it back. There should be no moral quams with leaving or just taking it both ntypicaly deflate the bully and is likey the best long term option. Know who you are and do not let others tell you different and no words should bother very much.

I would not THINK of asking anyone I care about to get involved in the flame zone stuff. I would not want to see them trash a person that I care about or like.

You are right though, I take no pleasure really in insulting other people just because. I do feel badly about later a lot of times, but sometimes you have to make a stand when they don't know when to quit. Otherwise, you are just creating an atmosphere where trolling and bullying is encouraged, and good posters are discouraged from posting.

Good for you.

lol no

I'm sure you and the other flame zone regulars would be lost without your safe space. You would probably not post here nearly as often as you do. That is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back