🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good idea of why people bully - a lack of self-esteem.

What I don't know is why someone invites it, unless they like it in some way.

Why do you think someone "invites" it?
A person invites it when they respond to it.

It's not exactly a mystery as to what's going to happen next.

It is a natural human instinct to defend yourself if you feel you are being attacked, either verbally or physically.

You keep blaming the victim for being the object of the ADULT bullies. You need to hold them accountable for their actions. They are adults.

Maybe I should start an email campaign to the site owners about closing down the flamer zone? It would make this place a much better place for posting about the current issues going on in the world. ;)

I'm sure the site owners would see the logic in not having a flame zone to begin with. Giving the bullies a safe space in which to bully others is really not a very good business move either. There is no need for a flamer zone because it is only a place in which to bully other posters.

Why do you think someone "invites" it?
A person invites it when they respond to it.

It's not exactly a mystery as to what's going to happen next.

It is a natural human instinct to defend yourself if you feel you are being attacked, either verbally or physically.

You keep blaming the victim for being the object of the ADULT bullies. You need to hold them accountable for their actions. They are adults.
If you think you're accomplishing something by responding, then by all means, do so.

But you can't be surprised when it only escalates.

The problem lies with the bully. If you want to further enable their behavior, then that's what will happen.

Were you taught to ignore bullies? I don't know. I was taught to stand up for myself, and I do. I don't know if that is the right thing to do with a bully or not, but it just kind of comes natural to stick up for myself when I feel as if I'm being attacked. :dunno:

If someone feels the way I do about the situation, then I still don't put the blame on that person for the behavior of the bullies. They need to be held accountable for their own behaviors.

Maybe I should start an email campaign to the site owners about closing down the flamer zone? It would make this place a much better place for posting about the current issues going on in the world. ;)

I'm sure the site owners would see the logic in not having a flame zone to begin with. Giving the bullies a safe space in which to bully others is really not a very good business move either. There is no need for a flamer zone because it is only a place in which to bully other posters.

Stop. Stop right there, now you're going all 214 n stuff.

Is that what this thread is about?

Were you taught to ignore bullies? I don't know. I was taught to stand up for myself, and I do. I don't know if that is the right thing to do with a bully or not, but it just kind of comes natural to stick up for myself when I feel as if I'm being attacked. :dunno:

If someone feels the way I do about the situation, then I still don't put the blame on that person for the behavior of the bullies. They need to be held accountable for their own behaviors.
Okay, then you'll get what you'll get.

It's not as if you are going to change their behaviors.

You already know that. So it's up to you.

Maybe because I am a very petite and tiny person, making me more vulnerable to bullies, I feel more like I have to fight back. I don't know, but I have a real problem with just letting it go. :D

I don't really care. I think it brings down the quality of the forum and the quality of posters too. There is no need for it.

I don't really care. I think it brings down the quality of the forum and the quality of posters too. There is no need for it.

Well, you know what they say about opinions..

Well, you know what they say about opinions..

That's right. Everyone has one, but that isn't an opinion. It's a fact. A flame zone ruins the quality of the forum in general and attracts the wrong kinds of posters.

Some people are masochistic that way.
And then there are rage addicts--a good head of steam makes anyone feel pretty powerful in the moment. Screaming and throwing things and feeling totally justified in their anger....its a power trip for some people, so they put themselves in a situation where they can get angry for the rage fix.

OTOH, its possible she has no idea that her husband has attacked vets, POWs, handicapped and often on line.
More likely, she is much smarter than you and therefore knows that Trump did not do any of those things.

If Trump criticized the Son of Sam, the Milwaukee Cannibal, the Green River Killer, Tim McVeigh or the Beltway Sniper, the micro-brained Democrats at this site would feign outrage and accuse Trump of attacking veterans.

I've never understood destroying things because you are angry about something. It just ends up costing you money! Very unproductive way to cope.

^^^^^^
Says the woman who wants to destroy the FZ because she’s angry about something.

That is just the way society is moving in general. People aren't willing to tolerate your trolling, bullying and harassing. It is only a matter of time before there is no such thing as a flame zone on internet forums. People expect more from adults.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Well it is a form of bullying. I hear people complain about it. I do not think it is like the bullying we faced as kids which was violent and physical as well as mental. An easy solution if you are being cyber bullied is the find the power button and move to off position. I guess I am not real worried about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back