🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
War? Seriously?

What did you think it was ... :dunno:
When you resort to the actions of the opposition in attempts to deliver the same result ... You are in mutual combat.

If you find yourself under-equipped for combat in some righteous crusade ...
It most likely will be evident in your subsequent failure.

I've seen it. I've talked about the jerks who stalked me and tried very hard to bully me. They failed.

Actually, some time back, there was a cyber bully right here in this forum. He/she/it went after a poster who said they were young and gay. Shameful.

We've also seen a lot of cyber bullying of all LGBTQ. I don't mean just here buy by politicians, churches. Very shameful.

Also shameful that Melania is pretending to be against it. A lot like she's pretending to be against drugs and actually had the nerve to stand up next to Gold Star Families. OTOH, its possible she has no idea that her husband has attacked vets, POWs, handicapped and often on line.

Cyber or not, the weak and ignorant will always try to bully. I doubt that can ever be stopped. Maybe we can teach normal people to be stronger?
Can't you write a single post on another subject without the political bigotry?

And right away, I got one. So, given this, should we have pity for the bullies?

Bullies Who Were Also Bullied Have More Adult Psychiatric Problems

Copeland thought these were the most fascinating findings:

• The kids who were categorized just as bullies were not at all at risk for reduced emotional functioning – depression, anxiety, or suicidality – but they were at 4.1 times higher risk for antisocial personality disorder, which "is very closely linked to criminal behavior, and it follows the trajectory that would get these folks into prison,” says Copeland.
  • While the victims group had their share of problems, the bully-victim group surpassed them in many categories related to emotional functioning. “These are kids that both were bullies to other people but also went on to bully others as well,” Copeland explains. “They really seemed to be worse off than any of the groups that we studied. They were at increased risk for depression and panic disorder, and for suicidal thoughts in adulthood. So they were a group that we especially want to keep our eyes on.” He says researchers hope to continue to follow them and offer them support.
No. That stops when they victimize others

then you will have the ones that will say "you're a PUSSY if you have to put people on ignore instead of standing up to them." Lol. :dunno:

Your ignore list is private. IF you do not tell people you have me on ignore…nobody is going to know about it.

I have several people on ignore….it’s probably the biggest “middle finger” you can shoot at someone to have them getting all hot and bothered and sliding insults at you that you never hear.

Once per year; I grant an amnesty. I have done it over the last 3 years or so (usually around Christmas). Almost without exception..the same folks end up on the list time and again.

Roasting and cyber-bullying are 2 different things entirely.

He is now trying to say that the flamer zone bullying of certain posters is just roasting and all in good fun and good will. Lol. I know of plenty of people who would disagree. :D

Perhaps he is just saying that when someone repeatedly slams their own head in a car door and then complains about having a headache ...
Some people just laugh at the foolishness of the exercise.

Basically, you call someone down there (whether it be by tagging them or by quoting an old post of the person), and try to start trouble. When you get beat up, you call for your back up. When that doesn't work, you try to accuse the other person of being the bully or for "being there" after you quoted them or even tagged them or maybe you were just running your big mouth about them YET AGAIN.

Look at Chris, trying to weasel out of her awful behavior and not taking responsibility for her actions.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Ignore button. Cyberbullying solved.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

Great point. I was being flamed by a poster on this board. I put him on ignore. He followed me from thread to thread writing several vitriol posts for every post I wrote in any thread.

I wasnt intimidated or afraid to fight back, but what would that have done to the board? And why would I care to do that? Anyway, the mods slowed him down enough that ignore was sufficient

then you will have the ones that will say "you're a PUSSY if you have to put people on ignore instead of standing up to them." Lol. :dunno:

Your ignore list is private. IF you do not tell people you have me on ignore…nobody is going to know about it.

I have several people on ignore….it’s probably the biggest “middle finger” you can shoot at someone to have them getting all hot and bothered and sliding insults at you that you never hear.

Once per year; I grant an amnesty. I have done it over the last 3 years or so (usually around Christmas). Almost without exception..the same folks end up on the list time and again.
I did the same only in April, my birthday month. I stopped letting many of the same people off. No point.

They're very similar. They parrot, do nothing but flame and have a thin skin

Well, I don't want to put you on ignore, and I don't really think you are a bully. You might get heated in a discussion and say some things, but that is not bullying. I really don't want to put anyone on ignore. I don't like doing it.

And right away, I got one. So, given this, should we have pity for the bullies?

Bullies Who Were Also Bullied Have More Adult Psychiatric Problems

Copeland thought these were the most fascinating findings:

• The kids who were categorized just as bullies were not at all at risk for reduced emotional functioning – depression, anxiety, or suicidality – but they were at 4.1 times higher risk for antisocial personality disorder, which "is very closely linked to criminal behavior, and it follows the trajectory that would get these folks into prison,” says Copeland.
  • While the victims group had their share of problems, the bully-victim group surpassed them in many categories related to emotional functioning. “These are kids that both were bullies to other people but also went on to bully others as well,” Copeland explains. “They really seemed to be worse off than any of the groups that we studied. They were at increased risk for depression and panic disorder, and for suicidal thoughts in adulthood. So they were a group that we especially want to keep our eyes on.” He says researchers hope to continue to follow them and offer them support.
No. That stops when they victimize others

I agree, especially when they are supposed to be adults, and especially adults of an older age.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Roasting and cyber-bullying are 2 different things entirely.

He is now trying to say that the flamer zone bullying of certain posters is just roasting and all in good fun and good will. Lol. I know of plenty of people who would disagree. :D

Perhaps he is just saying that when someone repeatedly slams their own head in a car door and then complains about having a headache ...
Some people just laugh at the foolishness of the exercise.

So you think that people should just back down to the bullies? They should be able to say whatever they want whenever they want, and the person who they are talking about should just let it be?

I think we all have a natural instinct to defend ourselves against any kind of attacks, whether they are verbal or physical.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

Great point. I was being flamed by a poster on this board. I put him on ignore. He followed me from thread to thread writing several vitriol posts for every post I wrote in any thread.

I wasnt intimidated or afraid to fight back, but what would that have done to the board? And why would I care to do that? Anyway, the mods slowed him down enough that ignore was sufficient

There are definitely those who just don't quit. Something is definitely the matter with them, IMO.

You do make a good point about making the board a more "negative" type of place. It goes against my nature to just lie down and take it though. :D I am a fighter!

I think it's only a matter of time before the "flame zone" and other such safe havens for bullies to bully on the internet will soon be a thing of the past though. It's probably just not worth it for the mods or for the site owners. It could even be a liability for them if things were to escalate to another level.

There are definitely those who just don't quit. Something is definitely the matter with them, IMO.

You do make a good point about making the board a more "negative" type of place. It goes against my nature to just lie down and take it though. :D I am a fighter!
It wasn't easy, but he just lost it. There was no outcome I desired in doing it back. Yelling at someone screaming at the top of their lungs who isn't listening is pointless. He snapped and kept it up for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back