🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Well it is a form of bullying. I hear people complain about it. I do not think it is like the bullying we faced as kids which was violent and physical as well as mental. An easy solution if you are being cyber bullied is the find the power button and move to off position. I guess I am not real worried about it!

Well, this is the point I am trying to address. Why should the victim of the bullying have to leave or do anything for that matter? This is like transferring the blame from the perpetrators to the victim because the victim fails to succumb to the bullies and leave. You see? It is like a double edged sword in a way.

Chris I can tell this is bothering you! You are over thinking it. In a perfect world for some a gallent white night will come rescue you from the bully and the bully will bother you no more. This is reality where people have conflicting interests, things are not going to go the way we want them. It is our job not the words to take care of our own interests. You can not control other people and their behavior. There is no moral superiority gained by staying and taking the abuse. You have three choices dish it back, take it or leave. Do not over think do what is best for you with no guilt. The only time I feel guilt is when I dish it back. There should be no moral quams with leaving or just taking it both ntypicaly deflate the bully and is likey the best long term option. Know who you are and do not let others tell you different and no words should bother very much.

I would not THINK of asking anyone I care about to get involved in the flame zone stuff. I would not want to see them trash a person that I care about or like.

You are right though, I take no pleasure really in insulting other people just because. I do feel badly about later a lot of times, but sometimes you have to make a stand when they don't know when to quit. Otherwise, you are just creating an atmosphere where trolling and bullying is encouraged, and good posters are discouraged from posting.

^^^^^^^^^^
Says the woman who loves to call other women old, ugly and fat.

I've been hearing moderators complaining more and more about the trolling and the level of attacks on people. Yet, by setting up a safe place for the bullies and trolls, they are showing their tacit approval of bullying and trolling and creating an atmosphere for it and attracting the posters who want to troll and bully and discouraging those who want to discuss things from posting at all.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Well it is a form of bullying. I hear people complain about it. I do not think it is like the bullying we faced as kids which was violent and physical as well as mental. An easy solution if you are being cyber bullied is the find the power button and move to off position. I guess I am not real worried about it!

Well, this is the point I am trying to address. Why should the victim of the bullying have to leave or do anything for that matter? This is like transferring the blame from the perpetrators to the victim because the victim fails to succumb to the bullies and leave. You see? It is like a double edged sword in a way.

Chris I can tell this is bothering you! You are over thinking it. In a perfect world for some a gallent white night will come rescue you from the bully and the bully will bother you no more. This is reality where people have conflicting interests, things are not going to go the way we want them. It is our job not the words to take care of our own interests. You can not control other people and their behavior. There is no moral superiority gained by staying and taking the abuse. You have three choices dish it back, take it or leave. Do not over think do what is best for you with no guilt. The only time I feel guilt is when I dish it back. There should be no moral quams with leaving or just taking it both ntypicaly deflate the bully and is likey the best long term option. Know who you are and do not let others tell you different and no words should bother very much.

I would not THINK of asking anyone I care about to get involved in the flame zone stuff. I would not want to see them trash a person that I care about or like.

You are right though, I take no pleasure really in insulting other people just because. I do feel badly about later a lot of times, but sometimes you have to make a stand when they don't know when to quit. Otherwise, you are just creating an atmosphere where trolling and bullying is encouraged, and good posters are discouraged from posting.

^^^^^^^^^^

So then you would not be upset if the flame zone was dissolved? Good to know. Then you can stop complaining about it on my thread.

So you’re going to close your account and stop bullying people about their looks?

Good for you.
Why are you acting like that? It's not typical of you

You don’t understand what is happening.

Is your sky falling? What will you do with yourself if there is no flame zone? OMG. Lol.

lol no

I'm sure you and the other flame zone regulars would be lost without your safe space. You would probably not post here nearly as often as you do. That is the point.

Ah, you are in favor of censorship because it offends your delicate sensibilities. That’s what this is all about.

Don’t worry, little snowflake. There are lots of places on the Internet who cater to hypersensitive snowflakes. Just make sure you don’t bully women like you do here.

Why are you acting like that? It's not typical of you

You don’t understand what is happening.

Is your sky falling? What will you do with yourself if there is no flame zone? OMG. Lol.

lol no

I'm sure you and the other flame zone regulars would be lost without your safe space. You would probably not post here nearly as often as you do. That is the point.

Ah, you are in favor of censorship because it offends your delicate sensibilities. That’s what this is all about.

Don’t worry, little snowflake. There are lots of places on the Internet who cater to hypersensitive snowflakes. Just make sure you don’t bully women like you do here.

Not having a flame zone is not censorship in any way.

I understand why a bully would be upset that his bully pulpit was taken away though. :D Well, that is the direction we are heading in. Your kind are a thing of the past, bud.

^^^^^^^^^^

So then you would not be upset if the flame zone was dissolved? Good to know. Then you can stop complaining about it on my thread.

You are the one all upset about it, even though it was you who went in there and started something.

This is very simple - if you don’t want to get flamed, don't go into the FZ, inserting yourself into conversations that have nothing to do with you, then start demeaning and degrading people because of their looks.

Most people here get that. Why don’t you?

In most cases taking a stand just fans the flames! The times where I fought back and it worked are the ones I regret the most because I caused real damage to some ones feelings. The only thing that cures a bully is to teach them empathy! Remember most bullies are that way because theyt are bullied by some one else nad want to spread the feeling. Rising above it should be enough to feel good about your self! View your self as an equal to Gahndi or the pope when you rise above!

^^^^^^
Says the woman who wants to destroy the FZ because she’s angry about something.

That is just the way society is moving in general. People aren't willing to tolerate your trolling, bullying and harassing. It is only a matter of time before there is no such thing as a flame zone on internet forums. People expect more from adults.
Chris, just an example of what actually hurts the board by a poster who never comes to the FZ, so far as I know. The FZ is not the problem. Most of the folks there rarely come upstairs.
Phuck the filthy “blue wave”...Trumpology is sweeping the nation.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems with trolling and bullying in other sections of the forum, but the flame zone is a harbinger for bullying and trolling. It is going to attract certain types of posters and good posters will be turned off. It creates an atmosphere that is not good.
Even the very decorous site I visited last week has a "basement." I think they believe it is containment. It is supposed to be a place to let off steam, although the folks in our FZ criticize that, unless they're the ones doing it. Then, of course, it's fine. LOL

There are plenty of other places to let off steam in a more productive and less harmful way actually.
Where would that be? You mean, ignore the trolls and go kick your cat instead? Haven't you been saying all this time that we should not ignore them? Well, the appropriate place to go if you have an undeniable urge to call someone fat and ugly, or use the "F" bomb in a title, is the basement. Not politics.

^^^^^^^^^^

You are the one all upset about it, even though it was you who went in there and started something.

This is very simple - if you don’t want to get flamed, don't go into the FZ, inserting yourself into conversations that have nothing to do with you, then start demeaning and degrading people because of their looks.

I didn't. I was quoted there by GT. Then I read where some people were making derogatory comments about me while I wasn't there to defend myself, so I fixed that.

That is just the way society is moving in general. People aren't willing to tolerate your trolling, bullying and harassing. It is only a matter of time before there is no such thing as a flame zone on internet forums. People expect more from adults.
Chris, just an example of what actually hurts the board by a poster who never comes to the FZ, so far as I know. The FZ is not the problem. Most of the folks there rarely come upstairs.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems with trolling and bullying in other sections of the forum, but the flame zone is a harbinger for bullying and trolling. It is going to attract certain types of posters and good posters will be turned off. It creates an atmosphere that is not good.
Even the very decorous site I visited last week has a "basement." I think they believe it is containment. It is supposed to be a place to let off steam, although the folks in our FZ criticize that, unless they're the ones doing it. Then, of course, it's fine. LOL

There are plenty of other places to let off steam in a more productive and less harmful way actually.
Where would that be? You mean, ignore the trolls and go kick your cat instead? Haven't you been saying all this time that we should not ignore them? Well, the appropriate place to go if you have an undeniable urge to call someone fat and ugly, or use the "F" bomb in a title, is the basement. Not politics.

Huh? What are you talking about?

So you think that people should just back down to the bullies? They should be able to say whatever they want whenever they want, and the person who they are talking about should just let it be?

I think we all have a natural instinct to defend ourselves against any kind of attacks, whether they are verbal or physical.

I have no problem with people defending themselves for whatever reason they feel justified.

I also have no problem understanding that if you strap a side of beef to your back and go wandering in the forest ...
It might not necessarily be all the bear's fault you become lunch.

Neither the desire to defend yourself nor your particular moral aspirations ...
Will ensure your attempts to escape your most unfortunate demise.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense at all. ??? I never said what you should or should not do. If you want to go off on someone, by all means. I don't involve myself in other people's disputes. If you want to kick your cat, then I might have a problem with that.

Heck, there are plenty of nonpolitical areas here to post in. There is no need to have a flamer zone. There is only one purpose of a flamer zone, to make a safe haven for bullies and trolls. People who would probably not even otherwise post here if it weren't for the existence of a flamer zone.

^^^^^^^^^^

She doesn't sound upset or sensitive at all. Are you wishing she did or projecting?

There is no denying that having a flamer zone is an invitation to trolls and bullies and a turn off to those who want to actually use the forum for what it was created for.

If you dont like a sub forum, you dont go to it.

Problem solved, for an adult.

The rest of this meta-whine is asinine.

And where would that be?

The music forum, the general discussion forum, the lounge. You can give yourself a break from political discussions in a lot of different places on the forum. Or you could go outside and do some yard work or something. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back