Dad Arrested After Posting Picture Of Himself Holding Baby And BB Gun

Seems like a insanely ridiculous thing to get arrested for. I'm wondering if there's more to this story...

More? I'm confident there's less to the story !!! The guy is an idiot! The cops were even stupider....

:lol:

He might be an idiot but being an idiot isn't illegal. Even if this guy is never convicted of anything, he has been jailed..probably money out of pocket and all because of a picture that didn't show his child in any type of dangerous situation. It's similar to the film maker Hillary had jailed as her Benghazi scapegoat. People can't let this stuff stand unless we're prepared just to cede our personal liberty.

Seems like an isolated incident to me....I'm gonna chalk it up to stupidity!

More? I'm confident there's less to the story !!! The guy is an idiot! The cops were even stupider....

He might be an idiot but being an idiot isn't illegal. Even if this guy is never convicted of anything, he has been jailed..probably money out of pocket and all because of a picture that didn't show his child in any type of dangerous situation. It's similar to the film maker Hillary had jailed as her Benghazi scapegoat. People can't let this stuff stand unless we're prepared just to cede our personal liberty.

Seems like an isolated incident to me....I'm gonna chalk it up to stupidity!

Facebook brings out stupid.

Arrested Over Facebook: 19 Posts That Got Suspects Snagged (PHOTOS)

Since the Nazis started their latest demonization of all things gun. He voted for obummer he gets what he voted for. No sympathy from here. I hope he rots in jail.

Where do you get any info on who he voted for? Where do you get any info that he voted at all? The article makes no mention whatsoever... :cuckoo:

But I have to agree this is an outrageous assault on our Constitutional right to endanger children.

It is air guns are legal in Ohio. However, there must be an orange tip which signifies to law enforcement that it is not a firearm. The authorities can hang the guy on that. perhaps and the manufacturer. After which the father has a nice lawsuit against the manufacturer.

"look-alike firearm'' means any imitation of any original firearm which was manufactured, designed, and produced since 1898, including and limited to toy guns, water guns, replica nonguns, and air-soft guns firing nonmetallic projectiles. Such term does not include any look-alike, nonfiring, collector replica of an antique firearm developed prior to 1898, or traditional B-B, paint-ball, or pellet-firing air guns that expel a projectile through the force of air pressure."

15 USC § 5001 - Penalties for entering into commerce of imitation firearms | Title 15 - Commerce and Trade | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

The more miserable that little punk obama voter is the happier I feel.

Who says he voted for Obama?

Yes, he could be the 0.00000001% of blacks that did not.

I couldn't resist calculation; with 14 million registered black voters, you're saying that thirteen million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine and eighty-six hundredths of them voted for O'bama, while fourteen hundredths of one of them did not (13,999,999.86 to 0.14).

That's a hell of a door-to-door turnout campaign.

Thing is, there are those among us who might actually believe that number.

Since when is holding a gun and a baby illegal? :confused:

Dad arrested after posting picture of himself holding baby and BB gun
Published January 29, 2013
FoxNews.com

An Ohio dad was arrested after police said he posted a photo on Facebook of himself holding his baby daughter and a BB gun, Fox 19 reported.
Domonic Gaines, 22, was charged with child endangerment. Police told the station that the close proximity of the child to the gun in the photo is cause for concern. It was initially believed that Gaines was holding an actual handgun in the photo, according to earlier reports.
Gaines was in court on Monday and called the incident a misunderstanding. He was playing with the gun while visiting relatives, WLWT.com reported. His attorney said Gaines' ex-wife saw the photo and alerted authorities, the report said.

Dad arrested after posting picture of himself holding baby and BB gun | Fox News

and this is a story because? Ohio is Boehner (R) country so thats where the blame goes. :)

So.. is it illegal in Ohio to hold a gun if you hIave a child present? Do you not see a problem with this?
I see this as a domestic issue, since the picture upset his ex-wife. Did his lifestyle cause him to misbehave using a gun in the past around her or her children? The facts in this case may not be public for some time to come, and if he is under some kind of restraining order to protect her and her children (or should be), there could be mitigating circumstances. OTOH, if she is using anything to get even with him for something, that's another story. I'd let time take this one to a fuller understanding of her issue with his gun behavior before making any kind of comment. Too many unknowns.

Who says he voted for Obama?

Yes, he could be the 0.00000001% of blacks that did not.

I couldn't resist calculation; with 14 million registered black voters, you're saying that thirteen million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine and eighty-six hundredths of them voted for O'bama, while fourteen hundredths of one of them did not (13,999,999.86 to 0.14).

That's a hell of a door-to-door turnout campaign.

Thing is, there are those among us who might actually believe that number.

Close enough for government work? I mean, what's a few zeroes amongst friends?

Since the Nazis started their latest demonization of all things gun. He voted for obummer he gets what he voted for. No sympathy from here. I hope he rots in jail.

BULLSHIT.

He may be a fucking idiot who voted for Obama, but this kind of walking all over our rights scares the hell out of me.

You see nothing wrong with someone holding a gun in one hand and a young baby in the other? Good grief.

BULLSHIT.

He may be a fucking idiot who voted for Obama, but this kind of walking all over our rights scares the hell out of me.

You see nothing wrong with someone holding a gun in one hand and a young baby in the other? Good grief.

Indeed. That's the mentality of the gun culture that those who follow it claim not to see. The sound of a report alone at that proximity can permanently damage her hearing. Brandishing any kind of gun around kids is just mindless.

Perhaps more tragic is the thought that this cretin is actually reproducing. :eek:

Last edited:
Since when is holding a gun and a baby illegal? :confused:

Dad arrested after posting picture of himself holding baby and BB gun
Published January 29, 2013
FoxNews.com

An Ohio dad was arrested after police said he posted a photo on Facebook of himself holding his baby daughter and a BB gun, Fox 19 reported.
Domonic Gaines, 22, was charged with child endangerment. Police told the station that the close proximity of the child to the gun in the photo is cause for concern. It was initially believed that Gaines was holding an actual handgun in the photo, according to earlier reports.
Gaines was in court on Monday and called the incident a misunderstanding. He was playing with the gun while visiting relatives, WLWT.com reported. His attorney said Gaines' ex-wife saw the photo and alerted authorities, the report said.

Dad arrested after posting picture of himself holding baby and BB gun | Fox News

and this is a story because? Ohio is Boehner (R) country so thats where the blame goes. :)

No, cuz Willow says the guy voted for Obama.

Don't ask how she knows that but she does. After all, she would never LIE .........

The guy should not have been arrested because the gun wasn't loaded. Just like the guns at the gun shows weren't loaded ............

Okay, that's enough channeling the rw froot loops.

The guy was wrong. There is never a good reason/excuse to fool around with guns while holding a baby and it was the (Boehner) state that arrested him. President Obama had nothing at all to do with it.

So.. is it illegal in Ohio to hold a gun if you hIave a child present? Do you not see a problem with this?
I see this as a domestic issue, since the picture upset his ex-wife. Did his lifestyle cause him to misbehave using a gun in the past around her or her children? The facts in this case may not be public for some time to come, and if he is under some kind of restraining order to protect her and her children (or should be), there could be mitigating circumstances. OTOH, if she is using anything to get even with him for something, that's another story. I'd let time take this one to a fuller understanding of her issue with his gun behavior before making any kind of comment. Too many unknowns.

The one "known" is more than enough - He was holding a baby while playing with a gun.

In the face of that one fact, the rest really doesn't matter.

BULLSHIT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding both a child, and a gun. I looked at the picture and there is nothing there that would warrant his arrest. I have to assume the only reason it went that far was because of the ex-wife.

If the story is as he claims, then it sounds to me like he has grounds for a law suit against the police.

No

How about this: you hear nothing wrong with it? What do you think the effect is of a gun going off six inches away on a baby's eardrums? Hell I'm not even a parent and I can figure that out.

What if the baby starts to slip out of his hands? Natural reaction is to grab her and break her fall, right? Well, he's already holding a gun.

Come on people. Do the math here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back