Daily trivia Tournament

Dangit.

If I'd remembered to make my font smaller before I went in, I might've beaten Bill today.

I wasted a second going, "Dang, I forgot".

And another second paging down that last time!

:rolleyes:
I noticed that also, moving the screen is SECONDS wasted ; )

Dangit.

If I'd remembered to make my font smaller before I went in, I might've beaten Bill today.

I wasted a second going, "Dang, I forgot".

And another second paging down that last time!

:rolleyes:

well kiss my ass... I told y'all how to optimize things...

not my fault if you didn't take my advice...

*nyaa*

961787.gif

how 'bout a lame excuse for popular music to smooth things over...?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI]Train - Hey, Soul Sister - YouTube[/ame]

my last word on the subject for now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLfGBKO8vOc]FNM - We Care A Lot 1985 (Original) - YouTube[/ame]

Do they do that much sports?

Maybe I just don't notice it because I'm allowed not to know that! Like members of cricket teams! I don't feel too bad about not knowing them.

What I feel most conspicuously lacking in is the pop music, modern movies .... and Greek mythology.

I seem to get most of the Greek stuff right but I'm often unsure about it before I click submit.

'k... mebbe that wasn't my last word after all...

c'mon, Steph... I don't know jack shit about cricket either... f*** Pakistan and wherever else they play that stupid game... suck it up and quichurbitchin'...

'k... mebbe that wasn't my last word after all...

c'mon, Steph... I don't know jack shit about cricket either... f*** Pakistan and wherever else they play that stupid game... suck it up and quichurbitchin'...

I'm not complaining about the sports.

I'm whining because I don't know as many bands as you do!

Get it straight! :rofl:

so with all this talk about time and speed and page settings it does seem that harware is a factor in this game. im just wondering what everyones set up is.

i play on a laptop with about a 17 inch screen and use a touch pad to navigate. even following bill's advice re the page set up i still have to scroll 2 or 3 times per quiz. BTW i think Bills suggestion does help overall but there is some "give back" in that stuff gets so small it can be harder to hit the right spot. but overall it is definitely quicker that way.

does a full size monitor make this easier?

also - i saw in the jackaroo one that somebody the other day did 35 seconds. I dont know - i may not be the fastest but i think im pretty quick at this and i dont see how anyone could do 35 seconds on my set up -- but maybe im just making excuses for my dimiished skills. Wonder what everyone else uses and thinks

Daily: 10/10, 117 seconds, forgot points AGAIN (along with making screen smaller.)
Jokaroo: 10/10-909

so with all this talk about time and speed and page settings it does seem that harware is a factor in this game. im just wondering what everyones set up is.

i play on a laptop with about a 17 inch screen and use a touch pad to navigate. even following bill's advice re the page set up i still have to scroll 2 or 3 times per quiz. BTW i think Bills suggestion does help overall but there is some "give back" in that stuff gets so small it can be harder to hit the right spot. but overall it is definitely quicker that way.

does a full size monitor make this easier?

also - i saw in the jackaroo one that somebody the other day did 35 seconds. I dont know - i may not be the fastest but i think im pretty quick at this and i dont see how anyone could do 35 seconds on my set up -- but maybe im just making excuses for my dimiished skills. Wonder what everyone else uses and thinks

I think the bigger issue for you is your controller, not your display...

I almost always use a PC with a mouse...

but I have on occasion used a laptop with a touch pad, which IMHO doesn't work as well for timed quizzes, because, compared to a mouse, the touch pad doesn't give the precise control needed for a quick finish... I would suggest that you invest in a wireless mouse for your laptop... once you do that, an under-40-second finish is within your grasp... not to mention you'll get an overall benefit for your computer-related quality of life, because, IMHO, touch pad control just plain sucks compared to a mouse...

as far as screen display and scrolling goes, the best you can hope for is five questions shown at a time (which means scrolling at least once for a 10-question quiz), but you'll probably have to settle for three or four questions shown at a time... which means you'll have scroll at least two times, if not three...

another comment about finish times: there's been a handfull of times where I've been able to finish a 10-question quiz in the 25-30 second range... doesn't happen very often... but if you go to the Fun Trivia site, you'll see that there are people who are able to finish a 10-question quiz in the 10-15 second range... it mystifies me how anybody's able to do that... the only possible explanation I've been able to come up with is that they have touch-screen monitors, which I haven't looked into but I imagine are available...

Last edited:
btw, for those that don't already know this: the folks that take the quiz don't get identical questions... only questions that are rated the same regarding relative difficulty...

Forum List

Back