Daily trivia Tournament

Well, it was right because you were there ....

There were a couple of others I liked too.

But it was more wrong than right. ( :

Doh! you edited! hehe ... well, I think my post is vague enough. :eusa_whistle:

Well, it was right because you were there ....

There were a couple of others I liked too.

But it was more wrong than right. ( :

Doh! you edited! hehe ... well, I think my post is vague enough. :eusa_whistle:

lol... yep... I edited to protect the guilty... :D

so with all this talk about time and speed and page settings it does seem that harware is a factor in this game. im just wondering what everyones set up is.

i play on a laptop with about a 17 inch screen and use a touch pad to navigate. even following bill's advice re the page set up i still have to scroll 2 or 3 times per quiz. BTW i think Bills suggestion does help overall but there is some "give back" in that stuff gets so small it can be harder to hit the right spot. but overall it is definitely quicker that way.

does a full size monitor make this easier?

also - i saw in the jackaroo one that somebody the other day did 35 seconds. I dont know - i may not be the fastest but i think im pretty quick at this and i dont see how anyone could do 35 seconds on my set up -- but maybe im just making excuses for my dimiished skills. Wonder what everyone else uses and thinks

I think the bigger issue for you is your controller, not your display...

I almost always use a PC with a mouse...

but I have on occasion used a laptop with a touch pad, which IMHO doesn't work as well for timed quizzes, because, compared to a mouse, the touch pad doesn't give the precise control needed for a quick finish... I would suggest that you invest in a wireless mouse for your laptop... once you do that, an under-40-second finish is within your grasp... not to mention you'll get an overall benefit for your computer-related quality of life, because, IMHO, touch pad control just plain sucks compared to a mouse...

as far as screen display and scrolling goes, the best you can hope for is five questions shown at a time (which means scrolling at least once for a 10-question quiz), but you'll probably have to settle for three or four questions shown at a time... which means you'll have scroll at least two times, if not three...

another comment about finish times: there's been a handfull of times where I've been able to finish a 10-question quiz in the 25-30 second range... doesn't happen very often... but if you go to the Fun Trivia site, you'll see that there are people who are able to finish a 10-question quiz in the 10-15 second range... it mystifies me how anybody's able to do that... the only possible explanation I've been able to come up with is that they have touch-screen monitors, which I haven't looked into but I imagine are available...

yep - i think your analysis is exactly right. The other thing that i mess up on s this -- when i am at the bottom of the screen and have to scroll down for more questions and i click to be able to scroll that click sometimes changes my last answer -- so i sort of have to click the last one twice to make sure it doesnt change. that cost me one today on the jockaroo site -- oh well what can you do; i just hope its the worst thing that happens to me today.

Questions correct: 9 / 10
You took 63 seconds to complete this quiz.
Total score: 837

Slow on the math one...and still got it wrong....dang it

Questions correct: 9 / 10
You took 63 seconds to complete this quiz.
Total score: 837

Slow on the math one...and still got it wrong....dang it

sure hope that doesn't deter my favorite pirate gal from coming back to play again tomorrow... :eusa_pray:

:D

Got a Shakespeare question wrong. No excuse for that one.

Thought I was probably off but dithering costs seconds and doesn't pay off often enough in correct answers, so I let it go.

"Sense sure you have, else could you not have motion; but sure that sense is apoplex'd." - Hamlet

Shakespearean Insulter

so i knew all 10 today and i look back and it says i got one wrong because it didnt register my answer at all -- OOHHH that pisses me off!!!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day -- to get pissed off about something else

so i knew all 10 today and i look back and it says i got one wrong because it didnt register my answer at all -- OOHHH that pisses me off!!!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day -- to get pissed off about something else

yeah, that happens to me at least once or twice a month...

and, yeah... it's maddening... :mad:

ah well... like you said, there's always tomorrow...

and, after all, it's just a silly game... :D

Forum List

Back