Daily trivia Tournament

I've just completed this mornings quiz and see in the comments there that we do not all have the same quiz. What then is the point...just testing own knowledge? I thought it was a competition in time/knowledge.

It averages out.

The questions come from the same pool.

If they were all the same on a given day, theoretically someone could give away the answer to others who took the quiz later in the day.

Well if the only way to win is to cheat then thats up to their own conscience. I still don't see the point if we don't have the same questions at the same time :;shrugs::

Some days you get a doozy and some days you get an easy one, but most days it's just 10 medium questions from the pool. So it's pretty even even though not identical.

Well, anyway, I have fun with it. I took a vacation for a few months, but I'm going to try to stick it out this month.

Yes, I agree that it's fun to do. Just a shame not to have the good humoured extra of friendly rivalry :)

Well, I know I was disconcerted to find out that everyone wasn't getting the same questions every day. But you know, it still is a friendly rivalry...who is doing best on their set of questions every day. So I got over it.

And yes, when you think about it, a couple of people could form a partnership and cheat, making sure that one or the other of them was always number one or close to it. This way, no one can do something like that.

Last edited:
LOL, the first time I played I was furiously Googling answers. Then I realized that time matters. So now I just give it my best shot...either I know the answer or I just guess. Try not to think too long.

LOL, the first time I played I was furiously Googling answers. Then I realized that time matters. So now I just give it my best shot...either I know the answer or I just guess. Try not to think too long.

first -- to address another post you wouldnt even need to conspire with someone else to cheat if you wanted. you would just have 2 user names -- go on under the first to see the questions and then go on with the second name and get them all correct really quickly. you can also use a second 9or third or fourth) user name to inflate your score if you have a good day since the points are based on the number of players. I once went on under a second name just to see if the questions are the same but have never done it again for the reason that it messes up the scoring.

You mention something that i always wondered about which is whether people ever look up the answers on line while playing. Ive always felt the scoring is weird to begin with and basically does give an incentive to look stuff up (i never do). look at it this way if when you go to play the best score for the day has been 9 in 60 seconds (score of 840) then all you need to do is get 10 in 159 seconds (841). This gives you almost a full minute (more if you play very fast) to look up the one or 2 you might not know which is a lot of time. If it were me the scores would be the sum of your daily point totals (eg 850 +950 ... etc). That makes more sense to me than giving multiple epople the same daily points when they have 3 different scores.

As I said i never look stuff up -- i just try to go fast (I also play on another one of these with Hortysir where you have to be really fast to win -- basically 10 in 50 seconds almost guantees you a win here but it would usually not be a win there).

So to each his or her own but I have wondered how common it is that people try to look stuff up while playing. Anyone else?

also -- does this happen to anyone else - happened to me today and not for the first time? Im playing and i answer a question - and i definitely answer it, i see the mark in the circle -and when the game is over it tells me i gave no answer. I hate when that happens. first couple of times i figured i did something wrong but now im so careful about it i think its something in the program or my computer.

Has this happened to any of you/

I've been sure I answered the question and then it wasn't answered. A coupla times.

I haven't been sure I saw the mark in the circle on those occasions.

Forum List

Back