Kansas City
20210809_082048.jpg
20210809_082106.jpg

Attachments

• 20210809_082036.jpg
    20210809_082036.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Banned
Keep the photos coming, if possible. The process is interesting.
20210809_085703.jpg

First leak behind the vanity found. This leak they didn't know about. The pipes behind the tub are the ones that destroyed their floor, joists and garage ceiling. I'm just literally thanking God this shit isn't cast iron or galvanized pipe lol

View attachment 523442

First leak behind the vanity found. This leak they didn't know about. The pipes behind the tub are the ones that destroyed their floor, joists and garage ceiling. I'm just literally thanking God this shit isn't cast iron or galvanized pipe lol
So do you deal with that yourself, or do you bring in a plumber?

Omg

It's a stylized Lilly from the French revolution. It is very common in bathrooms built in the 60's
It's the fleur-de-lis which was branded on slaves in the US by the French. Same thing the Saints have on their uniforms. Instinctively I recognize these symbols somehow.

'“As an African I find it painful, and I think people whose ancestors were enslaved here may feel it even harder than I do as an African,' said slave historian Dr. Ibrahima Seck.
'He connects the usage of the fleur de lis, to “code noir,” or black code, which was adopted in Louisiana in 1724, and used to govern to state’s slave population.
Seck said a slave caught running away, 'would be taken before a court and the sentence would be being branded on one shoulder and with the fleur de lis, and then they would crop their ears.'"

Read More: Historian Calls the Saints' Fleur De Lis Logo Racist | Historian Calls the Saints' Fleur De Lis Logo Racist

"The fleur-de-lis is no different than the other historically racist symbols that are still used today to intimidate and promote hate, such as the swastika or the Confederate flag. These symbols have become monuments to the racist, hateful heyday of yesteryear."

It's the fleur-de-lis which was branded on slaves in the US by the French. Same thing the Saints have on their uniforms. Instinctively I recognize these symbols somehow.

'“As an African I find it painful, and I think people whose ancestors were enslaved here may feel it even harder than I do as an African,' said slave historian Dr. Ibrahima Seck.
'He connects the usage of the fleur de lis, to “code noir,” or black code, which was adopted in Louisiana in 1724, and used to govern to state’s slave population.
Seck said a slave caught running away, 'would be taken before a court and the sentence would be being branded on one shoulder and with the fleur de lis, and then they would crop their ears.'"

Read More: Historian Calls the Saints' Fleur De Lis Logo Racist | Historian Calls the Saints' Fleur De Lis Logo Racist

"The fleur-de-lis is no different than the other historically racist symbols that are still used today to intimidate and promote hate, such as the swastika or the Confederate flag. These symbols have become monuments to the racist, hateful heyday of yesteryear."
You are insufferable. You see your own brand of hate everywhere you look.
I gotta ask though, since slave owners also branded slaves with letters does that make our alphabet a symbol of white Supremacy?

Seriously dude get a grip.
I post work stuff to just share. No politics, no unnecessary name calling or partisanship.

It's a decoration on a tile in a house built in the 60's that's likely had 10 different owners.

I gotta ask though, since slave owners also branded slaves with letters does that make our alphabet a symbol of white Supremacy?
Nope. I was just talking about the symbol. Nothing partisan or political about it. Doesnt matter if its a decoration. Pretty sure there are plenty of people that decorate their homes with racist symbols they may not know the meaning of. Proceed with the remodel.

20210809_122031.jpg
20210809_123458.jpg
20210809_123636.jpg

I'm glad we're getting to a new generation of doing construction because tearing out shit from before I was born is a back breaking bitch lol.
Damn old timers! Retire already....

Forum List

Back