🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Day 1, gutting a very old bathroom

Free tub, slightly used. Some assembly required.
20210810_094612.jpg

I remember taking out my cast iron tub 20 years ago, sledge hammer and it was out in no time. Putting in the three piece shower was easier than expected, my only concern was using the expanding foam underneath, I was afraid I would put pressure on the fiberglass so used very little of it. It has held up perfectly these last 20 years, and since then have done an addition and added a 48" walk in shower (I didn't, contractor did)

I remember taking out my cast iron tub 20 years ago, sledge hammer and it was out in no time. Putting in the three piece shower was easier than expected, my only concern was using the expanding foam underneath, I was afraid I would put pressure on the fiberglass so used very little of it. It has held up perfectly these last 20 years, and since then have done an addition and added a 48" walk in shower (I didn't, contractor did)
His expanding foam trapped water and creating a nasty wet moldy mess

Laser level the entire perimeter at least 2 or 3 inches wide. Then remove laser from the drain and slope pan to the drain then raise drain by thickness of planned tile plus ¼". Gives more slope than code requires but prevents water from sitting on edges of grout joints.

20210813_123738.jpg
20210813_124342.jpg
20210813_124347.jpg
20210813_131548.jpg

20210817_083552.jpg

Rubber done.
They changed the formula and I don't like it. Too thin so it slops everywhere with a hand brush and they changed the color so it too closely resembles the greenboard making it hard to tell when it's thick enough.

Forum List

Back